Walmart gift cards on eBay

ZForce915

CAGiversary!
Feedback
112 (100%)
What's the deal with the hundreds of gift cards to WalMart on ebay? I looked at a couple and they say you pay for it, but don't get them for 4 weeks. So at what point does the seller get the card? Sounds like a quick money maker, but I can't figure out how.

I didn't look at the second link. That guy does have 100 percent positive and a lot. Who knows, it sounds like a good deal.

Since they are reusable there is no value to them until they are credited money. If I go and just take one it has no value. If I take it to the check-out I tell the cashier the value I want placed upon the card, then pay that amount then they are worth something. The question is how are they getting the $500 to put on these cards? Stolen funds from elsewhere in addition to a little of the money they make off the winner is my bet.

[quote name='ZForce317']What's the deal with the hundreds of gift cards to WalMart on ebay? I looked at a couple and they say you pay for it, but don't get them for 4 weeks. So at what point does the seller get the card? Sounds like a quick money maker, but I can't figure out how.[/quote]

I guess they hold your payment for 4 weeks to make sure they aren't getting ripped off despite selling cards which were probably ripped off someone else. Oh the irony :shock:

There are clubs and such that one can join which pay back 20% of the giftcards one purchases. My guess is that the sellers take the money from the buyer, purchase the cards through these clubs, wait to receive the money back, and then send the cards to the buyer.

So, selling a $500 card for $425, they'd still be up $25 (minus shipping and any club membership fees). I've never done it myself.

a couple of weeks ago, v got this credit card in the mail that v never ordered/applied for. v called the company and they put some kind of watch on the card cause aparently someone was using my dads info to get the card (the name on the account was even spelled wrong but resembled his name). a couple days later, someone tried to purchase 3 giftcards from kmart or some store (forgot which) worth $500. i dont know what happened to that guy or those cards but i think my dad didnt get charged for the purchase.

anyway this might b one way people are selling these cards, fraudulant use of other peoples credit cards. were just lucky v acted before anything happened. so i guess to u guys... watch out for any suspicous credit cards that just randomly come in the mail...

EDIT: they were mervyns gift cards

Out of all the auctions, most of the people are only saving $5. Nobody can be that cheap! I can understand if you are getting a lot more money than what you're paying, but FIVE FRICKIN DOLLARS! dAMN!

[quote name='jboy']Out of all the auctions, most of the people are only saving $5. Nobody can be that cheap! I can understand if you are getting a lot more money than what you're paying, but FIVE FRICKIN DOLLARS! dAMN![/quote]

Calling that being cheap is an insult to all cheapasses.

Well here is the way i see it. He needs money right now!!! He prolly filed his tax return but wont come for 4 weeks then he will just buy the gift card or cards when he gets his return thus only losing like 25 bucks and gets his money almost automatic. But this is just my thought!

Guessed, you know what I'm trying to say! It's just more trouble than it's worth to not really be saving that much money. It's no Cheapass deal!

since walmart offers store credit on no receipt refunds Id assume the guy is a refunder, probably steals and refunds, takes the giftcards and sells for profit, easy way to turn store credit into profit.

Ive seen it done a lot outside department stores (sears has a customer friendly return policy) usually walk in pick up item go to cash register return it receive gift card and head to the door to sell to incomign customers.

thats my 2c

Go in fill ur cart go to return get store credit.Sale card on Ebay.Get cash buy crack.My uncle did this exclude ebay and it was lowe's not wal-mart

bread's done
Back