Nintendo World 2006 - Tokyo (56k warning)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here in Japan, the Nintendo Wii is set to launch on December 2nd. To help spread the word, Nintendo has set up the second part of it's free "Nintendo World" event (the first one was in Nagoya), which is taking place this weekend at Makuhari Messe, the home of Tokyo Game Show.

Sadly, the lines were moving way too slow and I was only able to play two games, Elebits and Trauma Center. At least I was able to watch others play and enjoy themselves.

Outside:
entrance.jpg

In usual Japanese fashion, the wait times are posted (before you enter the hall) so you know exactly what you are getting yourself into.
According to the sign, the longest waits are:
1) Zelda - 140 minutes
2) Metroid Prime 3: 120 minutes
3) The DS recipe software that I don't know the name of because I can't read kanji: 90 minutes
note: I cut off Mario Strikers in the photo so I can't see the wait time
waittimes.jpg

Now that's an entrance! The Wii bag contains a Wii catalogue.
cheapydwii.jpg

It's an Elebit! YAAAAAAAY!
cheapydelebit.jpg

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gUZ9FQDW8g[/media]

As I mentioned earlier, too many people, not enough Wiis.
hall1.jpg

hall2.jpg

wiiwall.jpg

Over a two hour wait to play zelda. I'd say they had about 15 Zelda stations.
zelda.jpg

I dub thee....Mario Girl!
mariogirl.jpg

Nintendo gave away 100 Wiis via numbered lottery...and I lost.
ilost.jpg

Despite the fact that the event needed about twice as many Wii stations to serve the waiting masses (and had plenty of empty space in which to put them), I still had a good time. I think the Elebit was the highlight of the day for me, and the game was pretty good too. I also got to spend time with my friend Chien who accompanied me to the show (and can be heard during the Elebit video saying, "He's funny").

Upon exiting the show, we both agreed we were going to have a very difficult time trying to buy a Wii.

Awesome. Looks like Nintendo made a smart choice in just having this instead of attending the TGS. Maybe amazon.co.jp has some Wii's in stock...

I'm only towering over them because I'm holding the camera above my head...well, that and I'm 6'4".

6'4".... That's pretty tall ^^ I'm about 6'4" myself :) I guess that you pretty much stand out whenever you walk around Tokyo, don't you? XD

[quote name='CheapyD']I'm only towering over them because I'm holding the camera above my head...well, that and I'm 6'4".[/QUOTE]

You're 6'4" and you live in Japan... So how often do you rampage Tokyo Godzilla-style?

[quote name='Yoohoo1231']You're 6'4" and you live in Japan... So how often do you rampage Tokyo Godzilla-style?[/quote]

Good one!:D

One good thing is that if anyone is ever out w/Cheapy, you could always find him!

That's awesome Cheapy. Damn those Japanese people are crazy short. I always wondered how in the hell Yao Ming grew to be sooo tall. I would be a giant over there too because I'm 6'2". Thanks for the video and pics Cheapy. It looks like Nintendo is on the top of the world.

Well that event looks expensive with all the White and all.

On the topic of Japanese height.

Japanese people are normal height. In case sensitive we drink milk and other enhanced stuff and thus we grow taller then usaully.

Also Japanese Diet consist mostly of fish and vegetable based foods. Bread is a treat. Then again how many films do you see somebody in Japan milking a cow or Goat for milk. I have seen none.

Again in previous CAG cast they showed us food and it is obvious tat they eat way more healthier then us.

This is also why in Manga/Comics everybody appears to be short when in truth everybody is normal height.

Then again the average Japanese woman is branded as unhealthy or plane.

Also if you look up George Washington you will find that when he took the floor he was the tallest man in the court room. Again Wasington came from a wealthy family.

So there height is normal and we are deformed by there standards.

[quote name='RegalSin2020']Well that event looks expensive with all the White and all.

Japanese people are normal height. In case sensitive we drink milk and other enhanced stuff and thus we grow taller then usaully.

Also Japanese Diet consist mostly of fish and vegetable based foods. Bread is a treat. Then again how many films do you see somebody in Japan milking a cow or Goat for milk. I have seen none.

Again in previous CAG cast they showed us food and it is obvious tat they eat way more healthier then us.

This is also why in Manga/Comics everybody appears to be short when in truth everybody is normal height.

Also if you look up George Washington you will find that when he took the floor he was the tallest man in the court room. Again Wasington came from a wealthy family.

So there height is normal and we are deformed by there standards.[/QUOTE]

You are so damned phony.

But don't ever stop being that way. What a fantastic post!

[quote name='RegalSin2020']Well that event looks expensive with all the White and all.

So there height is normal and we are deformed by there standards.[/quote]

Haha weird....I grew to 6'2" and my parents starved me and only gave me a glass of water and 1 crouton a day.

[quote name='y2jrevolution']Damn you're a freaking giant over there!!![/QUOTE]

LOL !!!!!

Wish i would have been there! Nice job

[quote name='himsahealer']That's awesome Cheapy. Damn those Japanese people are crazy short. I always wondered how in the hell Yao Ming grew to be sooo tall. I would be a giant over there too because I'm 6'2". Thanks for the video and pics Cheapy. It looks like Nintendo is on the top of the world.[/quote]

yao ming is chinese. :lol:

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']yao ming is chinese. :lol:[/QUOTE]
But Asian people are relatively shorter than Americans :p

Haha, female Mario, nice pictures Cheapy.
The Nintendo World there is waay bigger then the one near me in NYC.

[quote name='Stunt']Haha, female Mario, nice pictures Cheapy.
The Nintendo World there is waay bigger then the one near me in NYC.[/QUOTE]

They aren't the same kind of "Nintendo World." It isn't a store, but an exhibition like an E3 or Tokyo Game Show, it's just Nintendo is putting it on so it's exclusively Nintendo stuff.

sheesh~ stop the 'height' controversy, not everyone is equal~ focus on that topic.. US need a nintendo world event!

bread's done
Back