converting ps2 .max or .cbs online saves to .PSV , need answer?

tothjm

CAG Veteran
Basically im trying to find out if anyone has solved the mystery of converting ps2 saved games downloaded from the internet etc to .psv so that it can be put on a thumb drive and loaded ont othe virtual mem card that the ps3 created for ps2 saved games

hope that wasnt super confusing...

i got the adapter but thoes sony bastards made it 1 way only, you can only copy FROM it to the ps2... you cannot save TO it from the ps3... and if i hook it into my pc, my pc doesnt have the drivers for this thing and so it doesnt work

if ANYONE knows of someone who figured out how to convert these files already let me know.. the program ps2 saved builder lets you convert almost any format to almost any other format EXCEPT the new .PSV used by the ps3 when making ps2 saved games.... i hope someone figures this out soon becuase i want to start downloading ps2 saved games off the internet :)

I've delved into this issue...and tried everything under the sun to make it work.

When you use ps2 save builder to open up a .max or .cbs file, it breaks it down into the 3 files that ps2's recognize (an icon file, the actual save, and something else...I forget atm). If you open a .psv file in notepad, you'll see the reference to those 3 files.

That makes me think it is some sort of new archive type file...which will probably be cracked, in time.

For now? Keep the PS2 handy.

hmm, maybe until its cracked.. we can find some way to use notepad to make the max and cbs etc etc files to look more like the psv.... also for fun, i took a max file and just renamed it as PSV and put it on my thumb drive to move it over and the ps3 did see it but it came up as corrupt :cry:

martin if you happen to figure it out, or know of someone adding it to their program like ps2 save builder, could you please just msg me on here and let me know, until then i will keep at it as well.. thanks :)

if anyone else wants to jump into this discussion that knows anything or have tried things, do let me know

just want to bump this, i hope someone is working on adding this conversion to ps2 save builder =)

there is a program out there to convert PSV files to normal ps2 saved games.... but sadly not the other way around yet but if anyone wants to pick this program up head over to www.ps2savetools.com and it should be on the main news page

maybe someone can take the info given and help to create a utilitiy for taking .PSV files and converting to .max or .cbs etc becuase thast what we all want after all =)

just want a quick bump, this is a seriosu issue...

also if anyone knows a site where people have been uploading saved ps3 games, or saved ps2 on the ps3 games which takes the file format of .PSV... PLEASE write in this thread

i know gamefaqs.com has saved games but not like this yet that i have seen...

[quote name='tothjm']just want a quick bump, this is a seriosu issue...

also if anyone knows a site where people have been uploading saved ps3 games, or saved ps2 on the ps3 games which takes the file format of .PSV... PLEASE write in this thread

i know gamefaqs.com has saved games but not like this yet that i have seen...[/quote]

There is a site, and someone posted it here, but I guess I didn't bookmark it, those guys convert saves there. (I got a converted complete DDR Supernova save from them)

Here's two links that might help, search the PS3 section and hope that the mods didn't delete the thread yet, or ask and someone might remember what that sites name was.

(Neither of these is the site I got the save from)

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=111731

http://forums.lovingwii.com/ps3-game-saves/728-how-use-share-ps3-game-saves.html

Good Luck. :)

Nevermind I found it (credit to Gourd) http://savestates.com/

I found another post which might be of interest as well. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125137&highlight=saves

Only problem with this is you'd have to buy a Max USB Drive and then send the files to the PS2 memory card, but I've read that the Max Drive likes to reformat, corrupt or kill PS2 memory cards, so my suggestion if you want to convert them yourselves is to get the Max Drive and an extra PS2 mem card you don't care about and use it to convert stuff. If it dies then at least you can try to reformat the card on your PS2, and if that doesn't work, well your out a few bucks.

Anyway hope these links helped, I guess I should thank you for motivating me to look for the link, dunno why I didn't save it anywhere.

Again Good Luck with your what your looking for.

All methods require you to get it onto a real PS2 memory card, then convert it through the memory card reader for a PS3.

[quote name='espy605']All methods require you to get it onto a real PS2 memory card, then convert it through the memory card reader for a PS3.[/quote]

You can just download a .psv save online and transfer it to the PS3 using a jump/thumb drive. It's not hard.

In other news, why the bump on a thread from 2006?

[quote name='thelonepig']You can just download a .psv save online and transfer it to the PS3 using a jump/thumb drive. It's not hard.

In other news, why the bump on a thread from 2006?[/quote]

Did you even read the topic or any of the messages? The question was converting MAX or CBS files to PSV format.

[quote name='espy605']Did you even read the topic or any of the messages? The question was converting MAX or CBS files to PSV format.[/quote]

As long as you're being flippant, you may want to include uncle5555 for mostly discussing just downloading a psv as opposed to what "the topic or any of the messages" state. :roll:

What I suggested is cheaper, faster, and more dummy-proof. This topic was created in 2006. It is much easier to obtain PSV format files now than it was then. Don't assume that I didn't read the title and posts just because I suggested a different method.

[quote name='thelonepig']As long as you're being flippant, you may want to include uncle5555 for mostly discussing just downloading a psv as opposed to what "the topic or any of the messages" state. :roll:

What I suggested is cheaper, faster, and more dummy-proof. This topic was created in 2006. It is much easier to obtain PSV format files now than it was then. Don't assume that I didn't read the title and posts just because I suggested a different method.[/quote]

uncle's method was basically getting someone on a forum or online else where to do the conversion for him which is completely valid. What you suggested had nothing to do with converting files.

[quote name='espy605']uncle's method was basically getting someone on a forum or online else where to do the conversion for him which is completely valid. What you suggested had nothing to do with converting files.[/quote]

Let me add: :roll:

You're trying to pick a fight where one doesn't exist.

[quote name='thelonepig']Let me add: :roll:

You're trying to pick a fight where one doesn't exist.[/quote]

Sure, keep using that emoticon and keep replying to show how much you don't care.

Wow, I know this is a such a old thread BUT, Is there any CBS to PSV programs out there now or not? I have a couple Smackdown vs Raw 2006 Saves i want to play around with.

bread's done
Back