Is There Some Kind Of External Upscaler???

tipp007

CAG Veteran
Is There Kind Of External Upscaler For The People Who Have A Hdtv But Dont Have One That Supports 720p??? Is This Even Possible? Is It Somethin You Can Buy? Is Sony Gonna Fix This Problem Because Its Bothering Me Badly.

thats bullchit. im so pissed at sony. i defended them from the 360 vultures and this is how im repaid.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']From Sony no less. I guess they left it out of their $600 system so they could charge another $1400.[/QUOTE]
There's a good source at AVS that has confirmed that the PS3 has an internal scaler, but the problem with it is that it's currently locked for developers.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']There's a good source at AVS that has confirmed that the PS3 has an internal scaler, but the problem with it is that it's currently locked for developers.[/QUOTE]

What the hell is it used for then?

[quote name='PenguinMaster']What the hell is it used for then?[/QUOTE]
That's the million dollar question. Well, that and "Why is it currently restricted?"

if this is so... wouldent it do sony well to say thier is one, but it had some bugs and they are still workiing on it fully working and later they will release a patch for it?

Most of peoples concerns is that thier is no hardware for it and thus is almost not patchable without a perfermance loss.

no, i think something is fishy.

My guess is there is no internal scaler, but there will be in a future revision. You have to remember that the PS2 went through about 10 different hardware revisions.

[quote name='tipp007']thats bullchit. im so pissed at sony. i defended them from the 360 vultures and this is how im repaid.[/quote]

Ok people need to seriously think before they post. Do you see ANY OTHER company besides sony having an external upscaler?

I bought the ADS HDTV Upconverter II HDUP-1500 a couple of years ago since my TV is 1080i only. It looks like that model is discontinued now, but you may be able to find a used one. I only paid $250 after rebate for it brand new and shipped.

The only downside is that it does not support optical audio connections and it's component video output only.

I bought mine from cwol.com:
http://www.cwol.com/hdtv/ads-tech-hdtv-upconverter.htm

Amazon.com link:
http://www.amazon.com/ADS-Technologies-HDUP1500-HDTV-Upconverter/dp/B00009XSYZ

bread's done
Back