HALF LIFE 2 IS NOT TEH GOLD!!!$$!$!#!@!#$

According to a post by Valve's Gabe Newell on the Half-Life 2 Fallout forums (thanks Hodder11), Half-Life 2 will be done real soon. In fact, they expect the game to gold on Monday. Here's the super lengthy announcement from Gabe

We're going gold monday...

Update: 0wned. "After a close scrutiny of Gabe Newells account history on the forums, we've come to the conclusion that the gold post is a fake." I'd really like to quote some words from Deadwood here, but it's the frontpage :mad: -S

Shacknews

r1s3n

[quote name='gamefreak']http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/half-life-2/542987p1.html?fromint=1

HL2 goes gold Monday which means it'll probably be distributed on Steam on the 1st.

It's about friggin time :)[/quote]

Even if it did go gold monday, it wouldnt be distributed on steam until they release the hardcopy version, which would take a few weeks to press and distribute.

[quote name='zewone']What about people who bought the 9800 pro? Don't they get HL2 for free? How do I redeem it if I can?[/quote]

When I got my 9800XT it came with a coupon thing. I just went to the site it said and got a Steam account with every game registered except CS:CZ (CS:S is pretty cool).

[quote name='Kaijufan']I thought it was pretty funny that someone was able to guess his password.[/quote]

No kidding, what with this following the source code theft. Does this guy have any kind of protection on his comp?

[quote name='Kaijufan']I thought it was pretty funny that someone was able to guess his password.[/quote]

Really, "gaben" as a password for Gabe Newell isn't that creative..

[quote name='crazytalkx']CRAP!! You got my hopes up for nothing! Long wait till November..............[/quote]

Yeah, Gamefreak knows it isn't true so he should go ahead and change the topic header.

bread's done
Back