Kerry citation a 'total mystery' to ex-Navy chief

PittsburghAfterDark

CAGiversary!
August 28, 2004

BY THOMAS LIPSCOMB

Former Navy Secretary John Lehman has no idea where a Silver Star citation displayed on Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry's campaign Web site came from, he said Friday. The citation appears over Lehman's signature.

"It is a total mystery to me. I never saw it. I never signed it. I never approved it. And the additional language it contains was not written by me," he said.

The additional language varied from the two previous citations, signed first by Adm. Elmo Zumwalt and then Adm. John Hyland, which themselves differ. The new material added in the Lehman citation reads in part: "By his brave actions, bold initiative, and unwavering devotion to duty, Lieutenant (jg) Kerry reflected great credit upon himself...."

Asked how the citation could have been executed over his signature without his knowledge, Lehman said: "I have no idea. I can only imagine they were signed by an autopen." The autopen is a device often used in the routine execution of executive documents in government.

Kerry senior adviser Michael Meehan could not be reached for comment on Kerry's records.

Thomas Lipscomb is chairman of the Center for the Digital Future in New York.

Link

Since he is trying to make himself look like a war hero I am not surprised that he would doctor up stuff to make him look the part - if that is what happened.

Kerry has a lot of nerve trying to act like a war hero after condeming his fellow soldiers as criminals and treating his medals like garbage. How he expects reasonable people to overlook that is beyond understanding.

Wow, PAD you are a peice of shit and you lie about being a veteran, because the amount of pure hatred and lies you are pouring into the Vietnam Veterans and war heoes is amazing.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']August 28, 2004

BY THOMAS LIPSCOMB

Former Navy Secretary John Lehman has no idea where a Silver Star citation displayed on Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry's campaign Web site came from, he said Friday. The citation appears over Lehman's signature.

"It is a total mystery to me. I never saw it. I never signed it. I never approved it. And the additional language it contains was not written by me," he said.

The additional language varied from the two previous citations, signed first by Adm. Elmo Zumwalt and then Adm. John Hyland, which themselves differ. The new material added in the Lehman citation reads in part: "By his brave actions, bold initiative, and unwavering devotion to duty, Lieutenant (jg) Kerry reflected great credit upon himself...."

Asked how the citation could have been executed over his signature without his knowledge, Lehman said: "I have no idea. I can only imagine they were signed by an autopen." The autopen is a device often used in the routine execution of executive documents in government.

Kerry senior adviser Michael Meehan could not be reached for comment on Kerry's records.

Link [/quote]

So every person who received a citiation from the military doesn't deserve it if the top officer can't remember putting pen to ink? How are you going to feel, PAD, if someone asks your officers whether they remember signing your citations? I'm sure it's going to make you feel proud about the service you rendered to our country.

Just when I think Republicans can't sink any lower, they find a slime pool that's just a little deeper.....

Just a "wee" bit of difference between a Captain who may have signed off my markmanship awards and the Secretary of the Shaq'Fu'ing Navy.

Just a bit......

[quote name='Quackzilla']Wow, PAD you are a peice of shit and you lie about being a veteran, because the amount of pure hatred and lies you are pouring into the Vietnam Veterans and war heoes is amazing.[/quote]

Is that really necessary?

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Just a "wee" bit of difference between a Captain who may have signed off my markmanship awards and the Secretary of the Shaq'Fu'ing Navy.

Just a bit......[/quote]

Yeah, I'm sure just as much paperwork crossed your Captain's desk as crossed the desk of the "Secretary of the Shaq'Fu'ing Navy." And I'm sure your Captain remembers every document he signed, so he should have no problem remembering yours right off the top of his head.

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='Quackzilla']Wow, PAD you are a peice of shit and you lie about being a veteran, because the amount of pure hatred and lies you are pouring into the Vietnam Veterans and war heoes is amazing.[/quote]

Is that really necessary?[/quote]

Yes.

Somehow, I find that hard to believe.
I really don't see how foul mouthed personal attacks on the person, and not what they are saying, serve any real purpose in a debate, argument, or any sort of discourse whose aim is to reveal truth or create knowledge.

[quote name='JSweeney']Somehow, I find that hard to believe.
I really don't see how foul mouthed personal attacks on the person, and not what they are saying, serve any real purpose in a debate, argument, or any sort of discourse whose aim is to reveal truth or create knowledge.[/quote]

Dude, how long have you been reading this forum?

[quote name='PsyClerk'][quote name='JSweeney']Somehow, I find that hard to believe.
I really don't see how foul mouthed personal attacks on the person, and not what they are saying, serve any real purpose in a debate, argument, or any sort of discourse whose aim is to reveal truth or create knowledge.[/quote]

Dude, how long have you been reading this forum?[/quote]

Considering I haven't picked up the modus operandi per your comment, I guess not long enough :)

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']August 28, 2004

BY THOMAS LIPSCOMB

Link [/quote]

Enough. It was thirty years ago. Let it die. Deal with some real issues, man.

bread's done
Back