LoZ: Twilight Princess

anarchyburger

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
so i had a question, is the gamecube version still coming out on 12/11/06? is there any updated news about the gamecube version? have they changed the release date at all?

i ask this because i went to my local gamestop just to check it out and i was talking to the guy and he was saying how zelda is so awesome on the Wii and then i was like ya im waiting for the cube version and he said he doesnt know when its coming out because in their system it just says December and i told him the release date should be the 11th but he was saying that the 11th is a rumor date because gamestop doesnt know exactly when its going to come out

is this information true? i hope nintendo doesnt decide to cancel it at the last minute, because i would be fucking pissed! like most people who are patiently waiting the the cube version to come out....

[quote name='lokizz']theres a new rumor going around that eb games will have it on dec 6th.[/quote]

OoOoOoOoh... thats very interesting news because i i pre-ordered it at eb games...

[quote name='Francis']Nintendo.com itself says the 11th, I hope all the rumors of limited availability are blown out of proportion. [/quote]

My EB Games isn't getting any copies past what is on reserve and told me that they are not getting more. It was available for preorder last night on Amazon and I passed, planning on doing it tonight and its no longer available. I don't know if supply is limited, but I'm beginning to wonder.

TBW

[quote name='TheBlueWizard']My EB Games isn't getting any copies past what is on reserve and told me that they are not getting more. It was available for preorder last night on Amazon and I passed, planning on doing it tonight and its no longer available. I don't know if supply is limited, but I'm beginning to wonder.

TBW[/quote]EB also took preorders on the game for probably two years, minimum.

[quote name='Francis']Nintendo.com itself says the 11th, I hope all the rumors of limited availability are blown out of proportion.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. Got an automated call from GS last night stating that it would be available next Tue and then I had to press 1 to indicate that yes, I did indeed still want Twilight Princess for the GCN. So yeah, everything is pointing to this being a fairly limited release given that I have never gotten a call like this one for any game.

It's going to be very, very limited in B&M stores, it's going to be like what they did in Japan. In Japan, the game did not ship to retailers AT ALL and was only sold through Nintendo's Japanese page. They'll probably do a shipment out to B&M stores then continue to sell it online. So yeah, don't expect to just walk up and get it. If you haven't preordered it, do so today or tomorrow

[quote name='Scorch']It's going to be very, very limited in B&M stores, it's going to be like what they did in Japan. In Japan, the game did not ship to retailers AT ALL and was only sold through Nintendo's Japanese page. They'll probably do a shipment out to B&M stores then continue to sell it online. So yeah, don't expect to just walk up and get it. If you haven't preordered it, do so today or tomorrow[/QUOTE]

Not to sound rude but I find it funny that everybody who has said this cannot prove or backup their statement with any proof what so ever. I believe this is complete BS. Just a dumb rumor created to sell more Wii's. The game has a higher demand in the U.S. than it does in Japan, there for there will be many more copies here. If the game was so hard to get and extremely limited I seriously doubt it would be advertised and having sales ran on it by B&M stores.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']Not to sound rude but I find it funny that everybody who has said this cannot prove or backup their statement with any proof what so ever. I believe this is complete BS. Just a dumb rumor created to sell more Wii's. The game has a higher demand in the U.S. than it does in Japan, there for there will be many more copies here. If the game was so hard to get and extremely limited I seriously doubt it would be advertised and having sales ran on it by B&M stores.[/QUOTE]

That's the point though, Nintendo wants this as their premiere Wii launch title and with an attach rate of over 75%, they seem to have succeeded. This game will not be available for very long, you can almost be assured it will not become player's choice (you better believe the Wii version will be one of the first Wii Player's Choice games though), and it won't have a very big print run at all.

The Gamecube is dead now, this version is basically still coming out just as fan service for those who choose not to buy a Wii because in all truthfulness it was promised originally as a Gamecube title. If Nintendo had no loyalty to their customers this game would have been Wii exclusive. I just can not see this version outselling the Wii version simply because all the hardcore Zelda fans bought a Wii just to be able to play this game, sure there's some holdouts but that 75% attach rate tells you that there can't be many.

I'll believe there's a limited supply of the new ZELDA game when I actually see it. Sounds extremely hard to believe they wouldn't make enough copies to go around for a game this popular, regardless of the system. I doubt everyone is getting a Wii this year.

I'm still gonna try and pick up a copy first thing next week though, as I don't wanna take any chances.

[quote name='AlienLX']I'll believe there's a limited supply of the new ZELDA game when I actually see it. Sounds extremely hard to believe they wouldn't make enough copies to go around for a game this popular, regardless of the system. I doubt everyone is getting a Wii this year.

I'm still gonna try and pick up a copy first thing next week though, as I don't wanna take any chances.[/QUOTE]

Even though I think this is BS, I still am going to be at Best Buy on tuesday just to make sure I snag a copy. Incase these rumors are true. This has been my most anticipated game for the past two years and if I can't get it because of the Wii, I'm going to be extremely pissed.

They spent a lot of money on TP, and at this point can sell a maximum of about a million copies of it for the Wii.

There are some 25 million Gamecubes out there. Retailers may not want to carry aging Gamecube software, but you can bet Nintendo's gonna milk it for all it's worth to make their money back. It won't be real hard to find due to Nintendo's fault. Whether or not B&M stores want to devote shelf space to it is another thing altogether.

Well I have had mine preorderd paid in full since the preorder became available at EB games almost two years ago.. i better get my copy as I would be surprised if I am not the firt person to preorder this game at that EB.

Tagged. I'd like to hear any horror stories of shortages listed here.

There's some rumblings of it right now, and my EB preorder is not yet "processing." I'm a touch worried, but not greatly.

Or, if, by chance, you get it, please post here what availability was like for you. It makes no sense to short-shrift GC users, so knowing that it's widely available will help quash all the hearsay that's been going on for months, if not years, by now.

attention anyone who works at eb games or knows someone who does... does anyone know when they will get TP in for sure? i went yesterday just ot look around and no one had a clue when they were getting it, the guy just said i think this week and maybe on the 13th.... but considering the the target/circuitcity ads have it listed being available on the 12th hopefully it'll be there by the 12th...

[quote name='anarchyburger']attention anyone who works at eb games or knows someone who does... does anyone know when they will get TP in for sure? i went yesterday just ot look around and no one had a clue when they were getting it, the guy just said i think this week and maybe on the 13th.... but considering the the target/circuitcity ads have it listed being available on the 12th hopefully it'll be there by the 12th...[/quote]

Should be in tomorrow. If you don't have it preordered at EB/Gamestop, you most likely won't be able to get a copy there. The game is very tightly allocated to the stores.

Why the hell would anyone want this at EB / GS..?

$37.99 at Circuit City is definitely the way to go.

I guaran-damn-tee BB / CC will have about 50 - 100 copies of this game... EB / GS get in like 9 copies of any game on release regardless of what it is.

Best Buy I went to had about 25 - 30 copies. They wouldn't let me price match to CC yet because of the lame ass "They gotta have it in stock" rule. So I'll just price adjust it sometime this week.

[quote name='Roufuss']Why the hell would anyone want this at EB / GS..?

$37.99 at Circuit City is definitely the way to go.

I guaran-damn-tee BB / CC will have about 50 - 100 copies of this game... EB / GS get in like 9 copies of any game on release regardless of what it is.[/QUOTE]
BB/CC usually get more of a game but EB/GS usually do there inventory by how many preorders something has. Usually the more preorders the more product they get. I think 9 is rather low. Games that are popular they usually get a good amount. But yeah at $37.99 there is no reason not to get it at CC.

My EB Games preorder is fucking backordered.

Thanks, guys. Appreciate the incentive to preorder from you. Between the busted-up Castlevania promo pack and this, I think I'd like to take my business elsewhere from now on.

It's pretty funny how the largest video game chain in our country has such little power compared to the big retailers. There are people at EB and Gamestop that preordered this game months ago and will not receive a copy on launch day. On the other hand, I walked into a Target tonight and saw a full rack of about 20 copies of Twilight Princess waiting to be bought. The only reason to preorder at EB/GS is either for new systems or for nice bonuses such as the Castlevania 20th Anniversary pack. Of course, in my case, the store neglected to save my bonus for me despite the fact that I had the 2nd preorder in the store.

Well, unfortunately, I've decided to say fuck this game.

Seeing as how Cube component cables are $50 and up on Ebay, and how I'm not about to play Twilight Princess in fucking composite or S-Video (I want to take advantage of the progressive scan, it's stupid not to on an HDTV), I'm just passing on the game altogether.

Oh well, $38 saved I guess.

Wallyworld told me to come in at 6:45 am because "we're putting the game out between 6:45 and 7 when the manager comes in."

So I have a half hour to go. Hopefully I don't have to come back to CAG bitching about Wal Mart giving me the shaft and having to tear down a magazine rack or two.

Edit: Success! The Cannonsburg, KY Walmart now has only 2 copies of TP left. Thank God it's over. Now I can wrap this sucker up and give it to my Zelda obsessed Dad. :)

Ugh, the call of Zelda is too great, I will have to buckle under the pressure and get it :(

Best Buy already has it in.

Edit: As I predicted, Best Buy had AT LEAST 100 copies... fuck EB / GS.

got zelda in store at local circuit city. for any of you in knoxville and the surrounding areas CC is selling zelda in stores. and hell yes im happy i finally got mine. dont bother with game specialty stores liek game crazy and ebworld because many of those places i think will only be selling their copies to preorders. so get to cc and if they sell out try walmart & target since theyre supposed to be getting their shipments in at 12 noon today.

Can't decide whether to pick this up. It'd be the most expensive game I've bought since... hmm... Zelda Compilation... and RE3 before the reprint...

My Best Buy had about 30 copies. After amazon.com pushed back my order until February (yes, fucking February), I grabbed it at Best Buy with a PM.

Wow.... I'm halfway tempted to go empty the local Circuit City if people are paying twice as high the first day the game is even out.

[quote name='MidnightRain']Check the completed listings -- one of these went for $95 BIN. Disgusting.[/quote]

people are freakin out. i think most people are worried cause theyre stuck in school or at work and cant just up and leave to get a copy. you add that to all those preorders that wont behonored and prices will continue to go up even though itd be all to easy to call the stores and see what they have if any. hell i wont lie i was scared i wouldnt get a copy either but not to the point of buying it for too mch money on ebay. i hope someone here will put up some kind of post listing the stores with plenty of copies in diff areas. or maybe someone will buy a bunch of them and sell the at a reasonable price here.

I called around to three Walmarts, two Targets, and two Kmarts and they were all sold out by lunch hour. So I can see why people are freaking out. Best Buy and Circuit City are the only places that had any. Looks like I'm going to be stuck here for the rest of the day, so I'm just hoping my pre-order gets fulfilled. I refuse to pay eBay prices for this game. If it comes down to it, I'll just wait until I buy the Wii and pick up the Wii version.

[quote name='lokizz']people are freakin out. i think most people are worried cause theyre stuck in school or at work and cant just up and leave to get a copy. you add that to all those preorders that wont behonored and prices will continue to go up even though itd be all to easy to call the stores and see what they have if any. hell i wont lie i was scared i wouldnt get a copy either but not to the point of buying it for too mch money on ebay. i hope someone here will put up some kind of post listing the stores with plenty of copies in diff areas. or maybe someone will buy a bunch of them and sell the at a reasonable price here.[/quote]

I guess the rarity of the game depends on location.

I called CC first and asked if they had it in and I get a "Yes", then when I go to pick up a copy the smartass pulls out the ad and says "5pm", meaning they've got it but they wanted me to wait 3 more hours before they'd sell it to me. Took said ad, went down the street to BB where they had several dozen copies on the shelves. Price-matched and went on my way. Now I remember why I hate CC.

Anyway, I'm so glad to have my copy at long last. :D

yeah my CC wants me to wait to 5pm... I politely ask why they do that and this is his reply:
"um its the law".

Anyway then i proceed to call my EB games where I have had it on preorder and paid in full since sometime in late 04 to early 05 and I was the very first to preorder at that store....

The guy says they are doing first come first serve and its Nintendo's problem for short shipping them. I proceed to tell him I wont be out for a few more hours and he says they have 6 left and only 15 more preorders so its hard to say if they will have it when I come... 'but you can always call our customer service number"

I ask him what exactly is that going to do for me? Are they going to call you and tell you to not sell my copy? he replies with "Well no, its just something we have to offer to people that are upset"....

What a fuck 'n joke seriously.

[quote name='starman9000']So, are there any reviews for this yet?[/quote]

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Thats really all you should need.

[quote name='Mattte']The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Thats really all you should need.[/QUOTE]

Well, I know I want it, but am very interested in how it shapes up to the Wii version.

Best Buy was just TEEMING with copies of this game today. I really think they gave Nintendo a lil sumpin' sumpin' on the side in order to garner extra foot traffic from people who knew they would be one of few retailers to have an ample supply of them.

Gamestop had probably 10 extra copies for walk ins. I guess the limited quantity is a bit of a bust.

[quote name='Francis']Gamestop had probably 10 extra copies for walk ins. I guess the limited quantity is a bit of a bust.[/quote]

Finally got my copy today!

I just grabbed a copy at the Pottstown PA Walmart...I called there earlier today and was told they were sold out. I called back at 9:45 pm on a whim, and they had some in stock. One last hurrah for my GameCube. :D

Kinda weird that they don't have any reviews yet. BTW are there any deals on this game in Canada that anyone knows of?

[quote name='Spades22']Kinda weird that they don't have any reviews yet. BTW are there any deals on this game in Canada that anyone knows of?[/quote]

Wondering that myself.

It seems like it's $60 CDN everywhere here. :bomb:

bread's done
Back