A forum cleanup. . .

MikeBosak

CAG Veteran
I was looking throught the memberlist, and like 8242 out of 10892 members haven't even posted once. That's too much. :shock: I think CheapyD should eliminate all members who haven't posted.

Well 5 posts is WAY more than 0, plus I just joined in Dec, but I just fixed my internet (and by fixed, I mean I basically said SCREW OFF to my old IP), so I really couldn't post. 'Cause, you know, it's hard to be an active member of a message board without the internet.

I usualluy just came here to look at the cheap ass deals and I never posted and then I just started posting for some reason, lol

Because of "mynameisnotBillis" and "mynameisnotbillis13" Those are just 2 I picked out when going through the list. I think some people are just creating user accounts for the purpose of clogging up the memberlist.

Eh.

what kind of criminal mastermind would want to clog up a memberlist? what kind of canadian would search through said memberlist? oh wait, i know the answer to the second question.

hahaha...I think it's fine that some people don't pst messages. To be honest I just post to either try to help out someone or express my opinion...Some people just aren't that expressive I suppose.

Cheapy should keep track of when a person last logged in and delete those who haven't logged in, in over 6 months.

You know, I think I'd rather have most of those people just lurk on the deals board instead of post... the last thing you want to do is put some arbitary restriction on that will end up in a bunch of fairly pointless posts about stupid, pointless garbage just so someone can stay a part of the boards. Have you ever seen some of the garbage that people have posted on gamefaqs just to get thier daily Karma points?

[quote name='JSweeney']You know, I think I'd rather have most of those people just lurk on the deals board instead of post... the last thing you want to do is put some arbitary restriction on that will end up in a bunch of fairly pointless posts about stupid, pointless garbage just so someone can stay a part of the boards. Have you ever seen some of the garbage that people have posted on gamefaqs just to get thier daily Karma points?[/quote]

I agree and I don't think that Cheapy should shout it out to the world that he is deleting certain accounts. If you keep it quiet then nobody will act differently right?

Anyway, accounts that are just taking up space and not being used should be deleted after a certain amount of time, and I don't mean people who don't post - I mean people who never log on.

those 8000 non-posters probably click on a lot of cheapass links, thereby keeping this site alive and free for us all.

I don't see how someone with a whopping 5 posts should be bashing the zero posters anyway. 5 posts is not much more than zero. Maybe Cheapy could make a special forum just for cheap ass regulars.........

Some folks just dislike message boards, but want access to the non-front page deals. If this community was like Gamefaqs, I'd register for forum access but not post anything.

If cheapyD doesnt want the members as lurkers he just has to allow the public to view the forums...

he made his decision long ago for the deals to be members only...

in ways it is smart...many people may lurk and leave...but when you see his site has 10,000 members you get excited about finding a community. What if the site had only the 200-500 people who regularly posted? Would his site do as well? Maybe not.

I also wish more members would post less. Especially those with really ugly brown signatures
:)

[quote name='defender']I also wish more members would post less. Especially those with really ugly brown signatures
:)[/quote]

Man your battlestations! Flame war ahoy!

Cleaning out the memberlist wont do much at all. Having more members will get Cheapy more ad money. If you had your heart dead-set on getting a certain username, and that person has not posted in the several months they've been here, then I'm all for clearing that name.

[quote name='bmulligan']those 8000 non-posters probably click on a lot of cheapass links, thereby keeping this site alive and free for us all.[/quote]

...with the majority of these links being on the front page, free for all. The links that us Average Joes post don't, to my knowledge, kick back any money to the site unless they're modified by CheapyD or one of the mods.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']That's what LUE and the Special Boards are for...at least in theory.

Cool original Cobra Commander avatar, Sweeney.[/quote]

Thanks. I felt the need to go old school.

[quote name='metroidkiller9']what kind of criminal mastermind would want to clog up a memberlist? what kind of canadian would search through said memberlist? oh wait, i know the answer to the second question.[/quote]

Yo, peace. Don't be such an ass, It was just a suggestion.
The only reason I was searching is to check to see where some of my friends were listed, mainly because they only told me how many posts they had and not how to spell their name.

Everyone Else:
Yeah, basically banning the inactive users is what I was trying to get at. For example, when searching for a friend with 3 posts I don't want to wade through over a hundred pages of members, especially because you can't choose most of the pages from the links at the bottom.

[quote name='bmulligan']those 8000 non-posters probably click on a lot of cheapass links, thereby keeping this site alive and free for us all.

I don't see how someone with a whopping 5 posts should be bashing the zero posters anyway. 5 posts is not much more than zero. Maybe Cheapy could make a special forum just for cheap ass regulars.........[/quote]
Give Bosak a break man, maybe he has a life outside of meaningless posts like yours. The only theme I could pull from your junk is that you hate your fellow cheapasses for not posting.

bread's done
Back