World of Warcraft Beta Stress Test

daphatty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I happened over to IGN just now and they finally had a useful ad in their banners. The WOW beta stress test!

http://www.fileplanet.com/betacenter/wow/stress_test/index_open.aspx

You will need to log in with a fileplanet account (which is free). Make sure your email info is legit because they email you the URL for the Beta Download as well as your serial key.

EDIT: For the haters, I looked but could not find a previous thread on this topic.

[quote name='PsyClerk']Note that it's first come first serve for non-subscribers.[/quote]

Glad I'm one of those first. I got in, because I signed up as soon as I got the email.

JESUS! I've been downloading this file for quite some time now. The ZIP is over 1.4 Gigs and still counting! I wonder if something is screwy? Has anyone else been able to download this thing?

I got my cd-key and downloaded it already. Took a while started it and went upstairs to watch tv and eat dinner couple hours later it was done. Takes a long as time to download and an long time to install.

r1s3n

NVM. Just read the online readme for WOW.

"To install the World of Warcraft beta, please download the beta file onto your hard disk (make sure you have 3 gigabytes of free space)."

:shock:

You missed it? How? I've had to sign up four times because each time I download the beta it comes through corrupt. I've sign up each time without a problem.

Moxio - What browser do you use? I've been trying to download this through Mozilla and keep getting a corrupted file. I'm wondering if this is browser specific.

NVM. I figured out the key to the corruption. Don't use WinRAR to extract the file. I had to download WinZIP 9.0 and the files extracted perfectly.

Strange. I used Firefox to download it this morning from work. When I tried to open it in WinRAR it failed. But then I downloaded WinZIP 9.0 SR-1 and it worked fine. There is a thread on the WOW beta forums about this but I didn't bother checking it since I was able to extract the files...

[quote name='StealthySeal']so uh.... i downloaded it, tried to install.... AND IT ASKED FOR A shaq-fuing CD KEY! I THOUGHT THIS WAS A BETA?![/quote]

dood, you have to sign up to get a key, hence the limitd availability. anyone can download, only a few can get a key.

I was never able to install the Beta, despite being let in right away when it went to beta.. my damn machine rebooted during install every time.. but it's in the shop so I might have a shot when it comes home tonight (I hope). At least be able to run the Pirates beta when it is released, my sad machine...

I just got my key for the test and downloaded it fine. It took about an hour and 15 minutes for 2.3 GBs but it worked fine.

Just input your information again. It will give you the the CD key again and let you download since you have been accepted.

They haven't set a date. It's supposed to start when they get 100,000 people signed up. I doubt that will happen considering the size of the download but I don't think Blizzard will take forever to start this thing. I'd say it will start sometime in the next week

Well if the sign up page is broken then that's a different story. What happened to the file you downloaded initially? Did you have any luck extracting it with WinZIP 9.0 SR-1? (SR-1 was released only a few days ago so.) If you still can't get the file, let me know. We might be able to work something out.

Wow, I'm pretty peeved at FilePlanet right now.

How would be work something out, Daphatty? The file is 2 GB? Any ideas? I added you on AIM, add me at icerender48. Thanks for trying to help out, much appreciated. =]

Moxio. I just went to fileplanet's home page and they have a link to download the game right on the front page! If that doesn't work for you I might be able to setup an FTP, file transfer it through AIM or Yahoo (if the file isn't too big for their system, or upload it to newsgroups. Let me know.

World of Warcraft Stress Test Beta Set to Begin - Indoflaven on 09/01/04
The World of Warcraft stress test beta is just a day away. Hundreds of thousands of gamers applied for the stress test this past week, and FilePlanet was up to the task, issuing over 100,000 accounts and providing the stress test beta client for download. With the signups and downloads complete, we are just about ready to welcome these gamers into World of Warcraft for the very first time.

Starting tomorrow, September 2nd at 12:00 noon PDT, stress test beta participants will be able to create their World of Warcraft accounts and begin playing the game. Their participation will help us optimize our account-creation and server infrastructure, and enable us to deliver the best online experience possible when the game launches later this year. We want to thank everyone who applied for the stress test beta, and we look forward to seeing the new testers online tomorrow when the stress test beta starts.

Selected stress test beta participants should keep an eye on their inboxes for an email containing further instructions. For more information on the World of Warcraft stress test beta, please check out our FAQ. To get a head start on learning how to play World of Warcraft, take a look at our beta strategy guide.

The file planet site is giving me a 4k file. Wish I could just use my closed beta client to play with friends and CAGs when the stress test opens.

[quote name='TheUnsane1']The file planet site is giving me a 4k file.[/quote]

Crap! I'm getting the same thing.

Is fileplanet the only way to get the client?

[quote name='Smokeytb'][quote name='TheUnsane1']The file planet site is giving me a 4k file.[/quote]

Crap! I'm getting the same thing.

Is fileplanet the only way to get the client?[/quote]

You're getting that from the actual fileplanet site? You're not right-click-and-saving from the link in your e-mail?

[quote name='TheUnsane1']no thats from file planet actual site[/quote]

Hmm, I am terribly, terribly unable to help you. :cry:

[quote name='Moxio']Yay I got the DL working.[/quote]

Awesome, I was hoping you'd be able to get in. Anyone know how many stress test servers there will be? I know we won't be playing on the actual beta servers, but will there only be one stress-test server? We should all group, even though grouping at low-levels is always a pain in MMOs.

I wanna get this dl working so i can try and help some of you guys out in wow. Here i thought blizzards bit torrent stuff was annoying.....

to ledhed,
Low lvl grind is super fast in WoW. I can grind a new guy in a race I am familar with to 9-10 in 3-4 hours solo. Around 15 is when the grind gets annoying, quests get to be alot of travel to finish worse with out someone who knows the area.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Moxio']Yay I got the DL working.[/quote]

Awesome, I was hoping you'd be able to get in. Anyone know how many stress test servers there will be? I know we won't be playing on the actual beta servers, but will there only be one stress-test server? We should all group, even though grouping at low-levels is always a pain in MMOs.[/quote]

That'd be great! We could form a CAG clan, even though we'll only have 7 days. :p

Is anyone in the real beta?

bread's done
Back