Wombat is right

MSUnman

CAGiversary!
Seriously Viva Pinata and Gears of War are more than enough for the holiday season in terms of exclusives. Two fantastic games that are way better than Sony's Resistence. And I think a lot of people who bought a wii also have a xbox 360.

I am tempted to get Viva Pinata but I've never played Animal Crossing or The Sims or any games like them. I'm not sure if I would like it... everyone keeps raving about it though. If I could get it for $40 I might bite.

I pretty much agree. I don't have a 360 and those two titles alone make me want one (though admittedly I wanted it for BFME2 and Oblivion before this). But right now we're a Wii-only household, and that's O.K.

javery: Never played Animal Crossing? You poor soul. If I had a 360, I'd pick up Viva Pinata in a heartbeat. It sounds great.

Shouldn't come as any kind of a surprise that Wombat's right about this... Dude knows his stuff. Viva Pinata nearly pushed me into buying a 360 over the weekend, but I'm getting too much enjoyment with the Wii to be bothered with another console.

I bought a 360 just for Gears...and now I have Gears and Viva Pinata. I got it because I really got into Animal Crossing.

So, I'm living proof that just one exclusive (with the promise of more to come) is enough to get people to buy a 360.

Wombat was completely right. The PS3 version of RSV is total also-ran compared to the much-hyped 360 version. I mean, one of the best things about RSV is the multiplayer, so who cares about the PS3 version?

Another vote for Wombat in the debate that Microsoft should not have forked over more money for exclusive titles. My friends that have XBOX's are asking for 360's this year and getting the 360 bundled with Gears Of War as that's one game has been identified as the "killer app" in our group.

Why should MS spend money on exclusive titles when Sony doesn't even have enough units in the hands of gamers to justify an exclusive title? Most of the units right now are pending in EBay auctions. Even if the title is out there for both systems at this point the game most likely looks better on the 360 and offers a better online experience. (Did someone say "no in-game friends list for Resistance"?)

From what I can see, the online experience for PS3 owners is a joke and that's the reason why they're not charging for an online service like XBOX Live. Sony is relying on their brand recognition for the PS3 along with the perception that the PS3 is much more powerful than the 360 for the graphic whore gamers out there.

It should also be noted that MS has made some strides in removing exclusive titles from Sony such as GTA and Assassin's Creed (that was most likely never an exclusive to begin with). The Metal Gear Solid series could be next and the rumors are flying. Preventing Sony exclusives is just as effective as securing 360 exclusives for your system as you keep the choice of consoles in the hands of the gamer.

The XBOX Live service and the ease of development on the 360 are going to become bigger issues in the coming months as the consoles continue to square off against one another. I'm a HUGE Insomniac fan (Ratchet & Clank rocks) and if Sony can't get those guys the information they need to integrate their game with an online service something has to be wrong. My opinion is that Sony will suffer in the long run by shifting the work of online tools directly to the game developers making it increasingly difficult for gamers to connect online. If I wanted to play an online game and had to configure multiple tools to do so I'd play on a PC and not a console.

Suhweet, I got mentioned on the new CAGcast! But anyways Viva Pinata is awesome, and the yin to the yang of Gears of War. Gears of War- Guns, Blood, Action, 8 hrs of gameplay. Viva Pinata- Colorful, Kid friendly graphics, Deep Simulation, and over 50 hours of gameplay. My wife loves Viva Pinata and plays it more than I do and she never played with my 360 until I got this game. I definently recommend it.

bread's done
Back