Massachusetts' Cheap Ass Gamers Topic!

Kidtrunks1128

CAG Veteran
I've noticed over my time here at the forum that one of the largest problems is trying to locate where the deals exist. I recently had a problem locating an existing deal in my area, Massachusetts. So I propose this topic is for Massachusets Cheap Ass Gamers who want to help and can request it here. Here we go!d by

So far I've found that the Circuit City in Natick has the really cheap prices. What I mean is I've bought both Breath of Fire V and Freaky Flyers for $7 each.

I've checked out the Circuit City in Braintree, and they too have Breath of Fire V for around $7, although I don't know what other deals they have.

Target in Westboro has some cheap titles, although their selection is dominated by newer releases. I was able to pick up Summer Heat Beach Volleyball for $5.23.

I'm heading to the Marlboro Target tomorrow to see what they've got. I heard someone was able to purchase Arc the Lad for $5. If this is true, and I can find it, I'll be extatic.

For all the Cheap Ass Gamers in Massachusetts, let's give eachother a big hand. Thanks.

Anyway, to the moderators, if this topic doesn't belong here please move it.

Circuit City deals should be the same nation-wide....it's just a matter of whether you can find the games or not and also whether they are marked correctly or not. Mine marked like 0 of the clearanced games correctly which worked to my advantage as there were plenty of the cheapies to go around. My copy of BOF:DQ was marked $50 and rang up $5 (this was before the recent price increases).

Ker-bump.

I live in Watertown, MA. I've been looking for good brick-n-mortar places near me lately and haven't found much. There's one tiny little independant place in a building called the Garage in Harvard Square, basically a little niche in the stairwell with a counter and a guy who plays Sega Saturn games all day. The prices aren't especially awesome but if you wanna support a local business instead of a big chain, check it out.

I'll keep an eye out at places like Circuit City for the time being, thanks for the tips.

It's official, the Target in Marlborough, MA has a crap load of games. I can't remember which games exactly, but I can tell you that I picked up Arc The Lad AND Ape Escape 2 for $11.51. That's a good deal no matter how you look at it.

So if you live in the area, get your rear ends there.

In Malden MA, just up the street from the T station in Malden Centre, there is a small store called 'Krazy Jims'. I haven't been there in almost a year but I think it's still there.

The prices aren't the greatest honestly but you will occasionally find some sweet deals. It's all about timing, I used to go and buy out the guy's stock of Sega Master System games (complete and $4 each) as well as $1 NES games. I have also seen NEO GEO CD's for sale there as well as stuff from Sega CD, 3DO, and Turbo Graphx.

The store does carry quite a lot of games from the SNES to Ps2/X-box but the prices are comparable to those at EB or Gamestop.

Yeah, I work right off of Rt.9 and get an hour or so for lunch and at least once I week I go to the new Target by the Solomon Pond mall or the one down by the Wal-Mart off of Route 9. I think that's still Westboro.

I should go to one of them today but I'm not sure if I will.

I do need to pick up Dave Chapelle's new DVD at Best Buy.

Oh yeah, and if you live in Boston, check out some of the local corner stores to see if they sell games. If they are selling DVDS then they are also more likely selling videogames such as old Genesis carts or brand new Ps2/X-box games, which usually are $35-42.

More news fellas. Went back to the Marlborough Target and picked myself up a copy of Auto Modelista for $7. They had a few copies left there.

Also found out that Tenchu 3 was $7.
Found out that Chaos Legion was $9

If you guys live close enough and these are games that you want, you may want to get your asses there now!

Also found out that the Westboro Target's selection is freaking horrible. They had a few copies of Silent Hill 3, but they were all still $29.99. No real games worthy of note.

Hope this helps.

Whoa! Always a good thing when people from MA represent.

I'm currently at NEU in Boston, and there aint no deals in boston!

Let's see....back in the hayday of the CC sale, Me and my gf hit up every CC in the state (minus Dedham and.....that might have been it), and we found selection and price to both be fairly consistant.

The Target at the Liberty Tree mall in Danvers usually doesn't have anything, although I'm gonna make a UPC check this weekend. The Target in Natick off of Rt. 9 usually has even less. Hey KidTrunks, did you say you got the last copy of Evil Dead? I think that was the one I reported on! (Check the target thread a few pages back). You probably own the same copy that I passed up! (I find things like that funny)

Lets see....the CC in Somerville is always a choice stop, since it's right next to Good Times. That's it I think.

Also, a suggestion to CheapyD. Could you add a section to the forums that deals with local deals? Like a thread for each state?

I live in the Boston area and have access to 5 different targets between my office and home. Medford, Somerville, Saugus, Danvers, and Woburn. I have not found any decent deals outside of Clock Towers. I am looking for Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow. Target used to have it for 7.50. Has anyone had any luck at these stores for anything? I read about all these deals and never have found any.

I'm going to the Target down by the Solomon Pond Mall today at lunch. I'll keep an eye out for Castlevania for ya. If I see it, I'll pick it up.

In my experience, a mall to avoid is Cambridgeside Galleria...unfortunately it's the only mall I can go to regularly (I live next to the Fleet Center) and the games stores: KB, EB, Sam Baddy, and BB are devoid of deals (I assume because of proximity to the city).

I'm predominantly a Cube player and must say that selection in each of those stores is poor-piss poor. I did manage to find Timesplitters 2 for $15 at KB, but that is the only place I feel I have succeeded in that mall.

There's a Gamestop in the Pru that I go to about every week but again, you're buying games with the Prudential Center markup.

Does anyone know of any other good places that are in the city or have good T access? I haven't been to Landmark Centre yet...any idea how the BB there is?

I went to Westboro target last Friday and I didn't see any good deals. well.. I guess I could always check out marlborough target.

Don't bother going to Framingham target. Only thing I saw was Twisted metal for 5 bucks.. there are not much selection there.

I am in Malden and like you guys in greater Boston, I rarely find any good deals around here. Seems from the posts that the further west you go the better chance you have of getting deals. My only big score was a few months back I bought Paper Mario for my N64 for 10 bucks brand new. I am always on the lookout for PS2 game deals and they have been hard to come by.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Framingham Target? What's that near? Shoppers World?[/quote]

Yeah it's behind it, on Rt 30.

...and the selection does stink. :?

well if you passed up the CC in dedham you missed out on some good 5$ games when they had it going. also the kid in watertown shoulda went to the kb i racked up a bunch over there during the original sale around christmas.
Also how come none of you signed up for the MEETUP? the Boston one was cancelled=(
went to the target in somerville last night they had some clearnce stuff but not what i wanted . a shitload of ps1 games were clearanced and a couple of rainchecks. i wanted to try the revere target but got myself lost oh well keep the deals coming

I am glad to know that we have more MA CAGs here. I am one of 4 people who signed up for the meet up.. I knew there were more.

lots of ps1
jedi outcast 2 Xbx 14.98
indianajones xbx " "
ssx tricky gcn?9.99
not sure what else cant remember still trying to get over the fact i got lost

[quote name='m_d_amore']also the kid in watertown shoulda went to the kb i racked up a bunch over there during the original sale around christmas.[/quote]

I'm way ahead of ya, bro... I went during the store closing sale and got a bunch of GBA stuff for %30 off :D

Marlboro Target. nothing. I don't know where you found the Auto Modillesta but it wasn't on the cheap rack. They did have a bunch of Midtown Madnesses for 14 bucks and Hulk for 10 but not all the other Arc the Lad stuff you were saying.

Oh well.

But... I did get Best Buy down the street to 110% price match the Rainbow 6 that Target had on sale this week and in using a Gamer Gift Card and 2 $5 dollar Reward Zone coupons I did get the final price down to 19 bucks. So the day wasn't shot. I also popped into the Borders to get Kevin Mitnick's Art of Deception, the Winter edition of 2600 and an Action Pursuit Games magazine.

Did you need to know all that? No. No you didn't.

hit up 3 more targets and found nothing but i did find somethings at saugus target got some ps2 games
everquest online 4.38
kya 7.48
Arc the lad 7.48()2 left)
great escape 4.98 never got it from the tru deal
but that was it
still trying to find jedi outcast2 GCn but no luck

[quote name='JimmieMac']Marlboro Target. nothing. I don't know where you found the Auto Modillesta but it wasn't on the cheap rack. They did have a bunch of Midtown Madnesses for 14 bucks and Hulk for 10 but not all the other Arc the Lad stuff you were saying.

Oh well.[/quote]
You must've not looked carefully enough. They're in the glass cases. Arc the lad is in the top row in 2nd or 3rd case from the left. Auto Modelista is in the bottom row in the 2nd case from the left. Tenchu 3 is in 2nd or 3rd row in the first glass case from the left. I'm CERTAIN they had more copies of these unless someone went and bought them all some time between last night at 8PM and whenever you went to look for them.

I assume we're talking about the same Target too. The one right next to the Solomon Pond Mall.

Someone mentioned Best Buy in the Cambridge Galleria Mall not having many cheap games. I can tell you now that the reason for that is because if a game is marked down dirt cheap, the employees will scoop 'em up and sell them on ebay.

I also remembered another place to look for some games~ Newbury Comics (Back Bay, down the street from the Prudental). I haven't been there since Oct. but they had quite a few new and used games with widely varying prices. I remember used copies of Metroid Prime, Dragon Ball Z Budokai, Shinobi, and Way of the Samurai were $11.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Someone mentioned Best Buy in the Cambridge Galleria Mall not having many cheap games. I can tell you now that the reason for that is because if a game is marked down dirt cheap, the employees will scoop 'em up and sell them on ebay.

I also remembered another place to look for some games~ Newbury Comics (Back Bay, down the street from the Prudental). I haven't been there since Oct. but they had quite a few new and used games with widely varying prices. I remember used copies of Metroid Prime, Dragon Ball Z Budokai, Shinobi, and Way of the Samurai were $11.[/quote]

Thanks for the info. How did you know that about the Cambridgeside BB employees? I'll have to check Newbury Comics next time I have a meeting at the Pru. Does anyone know anything about the BB at Landmark Center?

One of my friends works at the BB in Cambridge and he usually sells me one of his discounted items.

I went to Newbury Comics today and saw some pretty good deals.
Rez--$20
Freedom Fighters (X-box) $30
Killswitch (X-box) $25
Deus Ex: IW, Star Wars: KOTOR-- $35
Star Fox Adventures: $12
Wrestlemania: Arcade (psone) $4

I also found a store that is near Newbury Comics that sells games. Nothing too great in there but there was a fairly large selection and the prices were generally lower than EB or Gamestops (ex: Contra: Shattered Soldier is $18 as opposed to $28 at Gamestop).

There were some Dreamcast games there but I didn't see the rpices and they didn't look to hot.

Boston resident here too....glad that there is such a presence. Hope we all can learn to live with one another. I'm looking for those nice Mom and Pop indie stores, like the one in the Garage.....

If you're in watertown, your best options are the EB at the arsenal mall (shitty little one though) and the bestbuy across the street. And if the KB toys is still open there, that too.

I usually go to the burlington mall for EB, Funco/Gamestop, CC, KB. I do most of my shopping online now though, 25% off used at EB is usually better than most. Though I think they try and stick you with the cases with more stickers on them and the more scratched up games if you use the coupon (been my experience anyway).

Anyone remember the EB trade-in deal where you could trade in a ps1, 64, etc and get $10 a game? I traded in an old ps1 and a bunch of worthless old ps1 games (crappy ones)... Got a new PS2 for $40.

Marlboro. In the case with Arc the Lad. Ape Escape 2 for......$4.38 each. 10 left. Go. Quickly but do not take them all. Leave them for future Cheap Asses.

[quote name='m_d_amore']you guys know about the new target opening up??[/quote]

No, do you have information on where?

So did anyone get over to the Target near the Solomon Pond Mall and wipe them out of Ape Escapes?

How's the Westboro one lookin'?

never been there but figure ill take a ride out there and stop at a Blocbbuster on the way.
hey do you know if that auto modellista was for ps2?

bread's done
Back