Damon Wayans banned from the Laugh factory for 3 months for dropping "n-bombs"

HumanSnatcher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
http://ww.tmz.com/2006/12/06/wayans-drops-n-bomb-faces-fallout/

Damon Wayans became the first famous offender of the Laugh Factory's ban on the use of the n-word, and was fined and banned from the club for three months as a result, Wayans' publicist tells TMZ.

After the Michael Richards incident on November 17, the club decided to ban use of the word and fine comedians $20 for every offense. Wayans took the stage Sunday during a showcase of African-American comedians called "Chocolate Sundaes." Wayans opened his routine with the line, "Give yourselves a big round of applause for coming down and supporting 'N***** Night.'" According to the L.A. Times, Wayans used the word 15 more times during his 20-minute appearance.

That's a $320 contribution to the Laugh Factory's swear jar. Wayans' rep had no further comment other than to confirm the fine and the temporary ban.

Andy Dick drew fire earlier this week for using the n-word during an appearance at the Improv.

Man this shit is just getting out of hand!

the real question is why would anyone care about Andy Dick enough to write him into an article, science how I hate that guy

[quote name='alongx']I guess he'll have to use that 3 months to develop all new material.[/QUOTE]

Look. If 17 years hasn't been long enough to get a new schtick...

i think we shoulud be able to sue damon wayans. if we can sue the other person we can sue him. and for andy dick he just said it so he could get on tv. his career has been over since newsradio. Hey i just jump on stage and say the N word then people will remember me is probally what he thought.

I have no problem with it. From the sound of it, Damon knew a ban was in effect and did what he wanted anyway.

There has got to more than two prominent black comedians (Bill Cosby and Sinbad are the only ones I can think of at the moment) that can do a routine without the fucking n-word.

[quote name='AshesofWake']that's fucking stupid. As bad as a word is, people should have the right to use it in a COMEDIC routine. my stance on it...[/quote]

The problem with this is, that's the way it seems it has always been. Although when Richards obviously became pissed off an started using it, it became questionable whether it should be used during comedy at all.
For example, if I went out there and started up a crappy comedy show and used it over and over, people would get mad, despite my honest intentions of being funny. It is the way it is interpreted. Same with sexual offense cases.
In the military for example they teach you that you can get a sexual offense case thrown your way just for looking at someone the wrong way. Interpretation is key here.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I have no problem with it. From the sound of it, Damon knew a ban was in effect and did what he wanted anyway.

There has got to more than two prominent black comedians (Bill Cosby and Sinbad are the only ones I can think of at the moment) that can do a routine without the fucking n-word.[/quote]

GFMFT

Dropping an "N bomb" here in Montgomery is completely accepted and commonplace if you're african american. However, if one caucasian utters the word.. it either ends up in the press or with a violent ending. However; the word cracker or "cracka" is said as if were nothing. Hell, I had a gas station attendant call me a "damned cracka" for trying to buy a carton of cigarettes that were ringing up wrong (see my cheapass cigarettes thread).

If you've seen Malibu's Most Wanted.. when he drops the "N bomb".. it's like that.

First off.. it's just a fucking word. When you have popular music throwing it around that is listened to by all races (namely rap), and it is used in a light other than racism.. it's just stupid to make such a controversy about it now. I say that if society is going to damn people for using this particular word.. I say be the same way for words like "cracka", "wetback", "chink", "slanteye", etc.

Some of it is hypocritical.. however, in my area of residence.. the hypocracy is rampant and can also induce violence.

In other news, the word "cracker" was used 36 times tonight on the Chapelle show. (yes, I know, not historically charged etc. etc.)

The problem is this situation has brought up 2 interesting things. First, its not really that funny in the first place to make fun of the Michael Richards situation. Second, there's a lot of unoriginal comedians out there. I mean how many of these lame bastards were sitting around when the Michael Richards news hit and went "holy shit! I've got an idea that NO ONE will come up with" :roll:

Am I the only one that was a little annoyed about how the people who caused the whole Michael Richards incident were acting as if they were victims and are pursuing legal action? The guy is ruined, karma hit him hard on this one. I think they're going to sue though.

Did Michael Richards do something wrong? Yeah, he got out of hand. However, it was instigated. The guy was likely already on the brink, and this pushed him over. What gets me is that nobody is talking about how the guys heckled him.. came in late, made noise, called him names.. basically instigated the shit.

[quote name='Skylander7']Am I the only one that was a little annoyed about how the people who caused the whole Michael Richards incident were acting as if they were victims and are pursuing legal action? The guy is ruined, karma hit him hard on this one. I think they're going to sue though.

Did Michael Richards do something wrong? Yeah, he got out of hand. However, it was instigated. The guy was likely already on the brink, and this pushed him over. What gets me is that nobody is talking about how the guys heckled him.. came in late, made noise, called him names.. basically instigated the shit.[/quote]

Legal action is not appropriate in this case IMO. All it does it make the "victim" look like an opportunist whether true or not because monetary damages is all that this would be about.

[quote name='bobo2k4']What ever happened to "sticks and stones can break my bones but words will never hurt me"?[/quote]

As long as people allow their emotions to control their actions and reactions, this will always be an idealistic dream.

[quote name='bobo2k4']What ever happened to "sticks and stones can break my bones but words will never hurt me"?[/quote]Welcome to post-9/11 Amurica.

[quote name='PKRipp3r']if i was a comedian who was going to perform at laugh factory i would just start using "Ninja" instead of the other N-word[/QUOTE]

and shaq-fu for fuck, amirite?

[quote name='Skylander7']Dropping an "N bomb" here in Montgomery is completely accepted and commonplace if you're african american. However, if one caucasian utters the word.. it either ends up in the press or with a violent ending. However; the word cracker or "cracka" is said as if were nothing. Hell, I had a gas station attendant call me a "damned cracka" for trying to buy a carton of cigarettes that were ringing up wrong (see my cheapass cigarettes thread).

If you've seen Malibu's Most Wanted.. when he drops the "N bomb".. it's like that.

First off.. it's just a fucking word. When you have popular music throwing it around that is listened to by all races (namely rap), and it is used in a light other than racism.. it's just stupid to make such a controversy about it now. I say that if society is going to damn people for using this particular word.. I say be the same way for words like "cracka", "wetback", "chink", "slanteye", etc.

Some of it is hypocritical.. however, in my area of residence.. the hypocracy is rampant and can also induce violence.[/quote]
you sure he wasnt eating crackers and dropped the last one on the ground and cursed at it?

seriously though nobody really owns racial slurs yeah within certain circiles it might be ok with those people to use it amongst themselves but we all know youre askin for a beat down if you as an outsider try to jump in and use it along with everyone else. do you think emenim really uses the n word or nigga around his black rapper friends? hell no hed catch a monster freakin beating.

but heres one for you to mull over every race has a racial slur put on it except for one can you figure out who it is?

[quote name='jughead']Media governs public opinion. That's my stance.[/QUOTE]

imagining that being said in Jughead's voice is pretty awesome

Maybe if all comedy clubs do this, then comedy will actually become funny again. I miss when black comedians talked about things other than being black.

I have asked a black man why he took it as an offense when someone said nigga to him and he said it was a cultural thing. And then it clicked, if some random white boy came up to me and said,"whats up brownie?" I may have gritted my teeth. And we know some blacks are fiesty, so they tend to overreact.

[quote name='help1']I have asked a black men why he took it as an offense when someoen said nigga to him and he said it was a cultural thing. And then it clicked, if some random white boy caem up to me and said,"whats up brownie?" I may have gritted my teeth. And we know some blacks are fiesty.[/QUOTE]

cracka.jpg

Its very simple they are doing it for attention. See Damon Waynes, and Andy Dick are now in the papers. They weren't before dropping the N-bomb.

[quote name='lokizz']but heres one for you to mull over every race has a racial slur put on it except for one can you figure out who it is?[/quote]

Samoans?

bread's done
Back