Anyone ever buy condoms from Amazon?

Yeah, I don't think Amazon.com is going to sell you counterfeit Trojan condoms. Best deal I've seen on non-free condoms.

If I could build a time machine and go back to 3 years ago when I was living in the dorms and condoms were free, you can believe I would've taken a lot more of them.

Hmm now the question is which varieties to get, I've only tried four different Trojan types. Never tried the Ultra Thin variety, except then it says this:

-Avoid exposure to direct sunlight or storage for prolonged periods

What's that supposed to mean... can't be good considering they've been stored in a warehouse for God knows how long.

They have expiration dates.

Stay away from the ultra thins, they have a higher risk of breaking. Unless you really must use thinner condoms.

I've mostly used the regular teal box trojans, her pleasure and a few of the spermacide kinds. My brother actually told me he broke more than one of the ultra thin kinds before. Lucky for him he's yet to get anyone pregnant.

The spermacide is a gimmick, if the condom works it works. If it breaks you're still in trouble.

Never tried the her pleasure though, see the commercials all the time for it.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Gotta use protection again now that I've broke up with the ex...

I know Cheapy posted this awhile ago:
http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12074&highlight=condoms

So, has anyone actually bought condoms online? I live on a college campus and surprise, surprise condoms are about $8 for a 12 pack, so I'd rather take a chance and get them online where I can get 3 times as many for the same price.[/quote]

This may sound really cheapass, but when I was at school there were free condoms available from the health center. I have no idea what school you go to but lots of colleges are into promoting safe sex. Some people might have been too embarassed but not me, you would just make an appointment to see a nurse and then the first time there'd be a small discussion about condom use etc. and then you'd get free access to the motherload of condoms, many different varieties etc. College kids are broke, you shouldn't have to pay for bare necessities like rubbers! You should call the health center and see if they have anything like this. If you're in a religious type school you may be SOL though.

[quote name='trustcompany1013']mister ed, dont you dare waste your shots!....we NEED mister ed juniors!...you horse-killing BASTARD![/quote]

Best post ever. That had me cracking up.

And like jshorr said, try your school's health center. I know mine also gives them away for free.

[quote name='Stargun007'][quote name='trustcompany1013']mister ed, dont you dare waste your shots!....we NEED mister ed juniors!...you horse-killing BASTARD![/quote]

Best post ever. That had me cracking up.

And like jshorr said, try your school's health center. I know mine also gives them away for free.[/quote]

I know... that was so random :rofl:

As for the health center, I believe they disperse them through the "resident assistants" in the dorms. I have a few friends that are RA's so I might need to check into that. Oh and saying condoms are a "bare necessity" ... lemme just point out there's nothing "bare" about them :evil:

First off, Sam's Club is the bomb for condoms.. back when I needed them (i.e. non-monogamous relationship).. I used to get a gross for around $40.. 27 cents a condom is damn cheap.

But I agree with the health center idea.. also Planned Parenthood gives them away.

Back a few years ago, right when Amazon was starting their whole Drugstore.com bit, I purchased several 30 packs before heading over to Thailand. At the time I was in the Marines and stationed in Okinawa, so it was the easiest way to get a nice bulk package of jimmys. I can't remember how much they cost me, but it was way cheaper than the market value.

On a side, but related note, I will never buy a Trojan again. Two separate serious episodes of breakage, causing countless headaches and that "damn" waiting period...enough for me.

[quote name='The Gifuto']Back a few years ago, right when Amazon was starting their whole Drugstore.com bit, I purchased several 30 packs before heading over to Thailand. At the time I was in the Marines and stationed in Okinawa, so it was the easiest way to get a nice bulk package of jimmys. I can't remember how much they cost me, but it was way cheaper than the market value.

On a side, but related note, I will never buy a Trojan again. Two separate serious episodes of breakage, causing countless headaches and that "damn" waiting period...enough for me.[/quote]

That's why you use them with a woman that doesn't know your last name.. then there's no waiting period for you.

But I've had much more luck with Durex and Lifestyles then I've had with Trojan. Lifestyles seem to do a great job with feel and heat transfer.. and Durex are strong as hell. Trojan is the big name, but they really aren't near the other two in quality.

[quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='The Gifuto']Back a few years ago, right when Amazon was starting their whole Drugstore.com bit, I purchased several 30 packs before heading over to Thailand. At the time I was in the Marines and stationed in Okinawa, so it was the easiest way to get a nice bulk package of jimmys. I can't remember how much they cost me, but it was way cheaper than the market value.

On a side, but related note, I will never buy a Trojan again. Two separate serious episodes of breakage, causing countless headaches and that "damn" waiting period...enough for me.[/quote]

That's why you use them with a woman that doesn't know your last name.. then there's no waiting period for you.

But I've had much more luck with Durex and Lifestyles then I've had with Trojan. Lifestyles seem to do a great job with feel and heat transfer.. and Durex are strong as hell. Trojan is the big name, but they really aren't near the other two in quality.[/quote]

lol....kind of hard when your last name is right on your uniform. I've had the best "luck" with Lifestyles as well. That'd be my recommendation.

[quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='The Gifuto']Back a few years ago, right when Amazon was starting their whole Drugstore.com bit, I purchased several 30 packs before heading over to Thailand. At the time I was in the Marines and stationed in Okinawa, so it was the easiest way to get a nice bulk package of jimmys. I can't remember how much they cost me, but it was way cheaper than the market value.

But I've had much more luck with Durex and Lifestyles then I've had with Trojan. Lifestyles seem to do a great job with feel and heat transfer.. and Durex are strong as hell. Trojan is the big name, but they really aren't near the other two in quality.[/quote]

I agree with the durex=strong, but you can't beat Kimono MicroThin condoms for feeling....

Oh that reminds me... don't ever put a her pleasure on inside out... damn thing pinches and pulls in an ungodly manner. Thought it was going to take the skin right off the last time I did it.

edit - And don't get the studded ones.. they tend to break, and I know noone who actually enjoys them.

This all reminds me of an episode of either raw or smackdown from maybe 3+ years ago, in which "The Big Show" Paul White had pretty much lost his mind and was going around passing out condoms. "Condoms, get your free condoms," he yelled as he pranced about the arena. Oh that was great.

bread's done
Back