Best PSP Case?

Cosmic Dare

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
What kind of case do you guys use for your psp? What case do you think is the best out of the many, many, many cases available?

I'm leaning towards the Logitech Playgear Pocket but I don't like that it has holes in it. Anyone know any good hard cases?

Playgear Pocket is the best but the corners on some of those holes can be sharp. They may have fixed the problem though as I have one of the first released versions.

Yea the portable ops case is awesome but I wouldn't want to throw that in my backpack and get it all scratched up.

My problem with the holes in the PGP is that dust can get in those holes so I'd much rather have something that's completely closed.

The Playgear works excellent for me. As far as the holes, I don't live in a dustbowl nor do I place my PSP near one so I'm ok. :)

Well, I also use the Logitech Playgear... and honestly, I think just about every person who owns a PSP uses it.

I actually like the Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops case over it, but I guess that isn't an option for you.

I have a Pelican "soft" case that zippers shut and is very similar to what I use on all my Nintendo portables. It's got room for games, and provides real protection for the PSP. IMO those so-called "hard" cases don't look like they'd provide much protection.

I used to use a screen protector on my PSP too, but took it off because it does make the screen look worse. So far no scratches, but it does inevitably pick up finger prints at the two edges (I'd like a redesign with a flip up screen ala the GBA-SP and DS so the screen doesn't get prints).

I attached the Metal Gear case to see how it looked like,

and I ended up liking it a lot, so I won't take it off.

but becoz of that I cannot use my logitech case...

so I just placed an order for this:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bf-77-1-49-en-15-parappa-70-1mw4.html

this is how it should look inside:

PA.67024.003.jpg

so u can fit umds in it, as well as my extra mspd

You wouldn't happen to have a digital camera would you? I'm interested in seeing how fat or bulky the PSP becomes with the case attached.

[quote name='JEKKI']I attached the Metal Gear case to see how it looked like,

PA.67024.003.jpg

so u can fit umds in it, as well as my extra mspd[/quote] That looks pretty cool, I should check play-asia more often. I like that it can fit extra stuff aside from just the PSP.

My PSP survived a car accident in the Playgear Pocket. The car was completely totaled, but the Twisted Metal game I was playing earlier was still paused when I turned the power back on.

:whistle2:s ....... hehe I wonder if it's bulletproof as well. Where exactly was the psp? backpack/jacket pocket? or was it flying around in the car?

I accidently dropped my PSP today, on about 5 ft of hard tile. Luckily, nothing broke. But the Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops case completely popped off, and made a horrible crunch noise in the impact.

[quote name='Cosmic Dare']:whistle2:s ....... hehe I wonder if it's bulletproof as well. Where exactly was the psp? backpack/jacket pocket? or was it flying around in the car?[/quote]It was in a canvas bag on the front seat, but everything inside it was thrown from the bag around the car. At least one of the things in there hit the inside of the windshield too, so the impact was pretty strong.

[quote name='Kendro']You wouldn't happen to have a digital camera would you? I'm interested in seeing how fat or bulky the PSP becomes with the case attached.[/QUOTE]alrite I got those pics, taken w/ my phone.

I'm not the best photographer so plz forgive me if these don't look too hot.

DSC00230.jpg

DSC00232.jpg

DSC00234.jpg

DSC00235.jpg

DSC00236.jpg

DSC00237.jpg

Cases like those don't protect anything IMO. All the hard cases I've seen have openings. I'd take the "value pack" case over that any day. At least it protects it, aside from stuff sliding in the side. (I did use that case for a couple of months before getting my current case, and never had any problems when I threw it in my bag).

I think the guy saying that his PSP with the Playgear Pocket surviving a car accident, is more then enough proof of how well it protects.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Cases like those don't protect anything IMO. All the hard cases I've seen have openings. I'd take the "value pack" case over that any day. At least it protects it, aside from stuff sliding in the side. (I did use that case for a couple of months before getting my current case, and never had any problems when I threw it in my bag).[/quote]

Yeah, maybe. But I noticed it started leaving very light scratches on the screen.

Pretty sweet pics Jekki! I think the MPO case is best since all the fingerprints and grease won't appear on the PSP. PGP might be tough, but I can't imagine how anyone could drop a handheld so it really isn't needed IMO.

[quote name='JEKKI']I attached the Metal Gear case to see how it looked like,

PA.67024.003.jpg

so u can fit umds in it, as well as my extra mspd[/QUOTE]

That is so manly, with the flowers and all.

And the that PSP case right above me only holds UMDs I think, not the PSP itself. Don't quote me on that though because I'm not positive.

[quote name='lilboo']I want a white PSP oh so much :([/QUOTE]

Same here. I do not understand what Sony is thinking by not releasing the white version in the states.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Same here. I do not understand what Sony is thinking by not releasing the white version in the states.[/QUOTE]

Sony has made a couple bad decisions with the PSP, the white PSP being one of them.

Were'nt there different colors of Playstation 2s in Japan as well, but never released here?

[quote name='Rags']That is so manly, with the flowers and all.

And the that PSP case right above me only holds UMDs I think, not the PSP itself. Don't quote me on that though because I'm not positive.[/QUOTE]

Product Specs from the page:

Features

Sony PSP Case (98597)

Carry your PSP® system as well as UMD™ movies, games, music and accessories in this secure, compact case.

However, that doesn't mean you're wrong, as websites have errored before. Since it looks like the shape of a PSP, I'll gamble that it holds the system along with UMDs. I've been wrong too many times to count before, though. :)

This licensed case holds UMDs:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/UMD-...61759/catOid/-13249/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

I don't get why they don't release more colors here. Actually Nintendo hasn't had as many colors as in other countries either. I've got no idea why, since we're one of the bigger markets.

I'm REALLY bored with black consoles, and always buy in another color if I can (I got an indigo Gamecube because of that).

The black PSP does look great, but white is just fantastic from the pictures (except I like the translucent buttons on the black model). Seems like they should have had it out for this Christmas.

At least they FINALLY got around to releasing a silver PS2. Not quite blue or yellow or something, but more interesting than black.

Also what's the best way to protect the screen along with that Playgear case? Is there some kind of clear plastic cover or something?

[quote name='rickonker']Is the silver PS2 still available in the US? I haven't seen it at all.[/quote]

Yes it is, but it's still way more common to see the black one in stores. Also Japan is getting like two or three more new colours for the PSP this month. All I want is a white one.

Eariler today, I accidently dropped my PSP about 3 or 4 feet on the pavement, with the Metal Gear case and nothing broke so I'm happy, might be time to actually invest in a better case.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I've also seen a bunch of used ones at my local Gamestop for $5 each, I'm not sure why people are trading them in.[/quote]

Heh, I actually bought mine like a year ago... for around $5.00. I figured it was a steal, even though it was used.

ANyone tried Sony's PSP System Traveler Case??? Looks like they outsourced to Logitech and added a carrying area for 2 games and 2 memory stick duos...and it actually acts like a stand when folded back....something the PlayGear case does begrudgingly on many surfaces.

[quote name='goosedude']ANyone tried Sony's PSP System Traveler Case??? Looks like they outsourced to Logitech and added a carrying area for 2 games and 2 memory stick duos...and it actually acts like a stand when folded back....something the PlayGear case does begrudgingly on many surfaces.[/QUOTE]
I was just going to ask about this case...you're saying it's still made by Logitech? I know it's made of the same material and it has the carrying area...

I was looking at it in TARGET yesterday.....it looks like the exact same construction as the LOGITECH PLAYGEAR Case.....and I remember that Logitech had displayed almost the exact same case with the same features almost a year ago.

Sony has often had Logitech do its peripherals so I wouldn't be surprised if they offered them a bunch of money to slap their name on their product.

Anyone think the MGS Portable Ops Case is worth anything?? I got it for free with my pre-order but don't plan on using it.......EBAY WORTHY?

[quote name='goosedude']I was looking at it in TARGET yesterday.....it looks like the exact same construction as the LOGITECH PLAYGEAR Case.....and I remember that Logitech had displayed almost the exact same case with the same features almost a year ago.

Sony has often had Logitech do its peripherals so I wouldn't be surprised if they offered them a bunch of money to slap their name on their product.

Anyone think the MGS Portable Ops Case is worth anything?? I got it for free with my pre-order but don't plan on using it.......EBAY WORTHY?[/quote]

I don't think so, it'd probably be better to help a fellow CAGer out and give it to 'em for only shipping, or for a reasonable price.

[quote name='goosedude']I was looking at it in TARGET yesterday.....it looks like the exact same construction as the LOGITECH PLAYGEAR Case.....and I remember that Logitech had displayed almost the exact same case with the same features almost a year ago.

Anyone think the MGS Portable Ops Case is worth anything?? I got it for free with my pre-order but don't plan on using it.......EBAY WORTHY?[/quote]

I just won that case off eBay for $7 and $3 for shipping. It is definitely not commanding high prices.

I got my case yesterday, here's pics:

DSC00248.jpg

DSC00249.jpg

DSC00250.jpg

in the last pic, my charm is sticking out

however, since the space inside is quite cozy I am able to position the charm below the PSP when placing it back inside, hence reducing the risk of the tofubot making any scratches.

it's basically just a bag.

it has 2 pockets, which I can keep my mem stick in,

and the inners are all real soft so you won't be scratching anything.

it's not gonna reduce impact if u drop it anywhere

and it may get you some unwanted compliments

but if you wanna be somewhat stylish like me, go for it

The Playgear Pocket is anything but pocket-sized! It is very heavy and God forbid one of your memory sticks to fall out of the slots. I highly reccommend the Body Glove case. It is very tight, but is definitely worth it. The case only protects your console; however. For a case to put all your stuff in, get one of the small backpack-looking cases. If you are interested, there is even a Louis Vuitton PSP case. Yes it is official. And it costs $429 USD last time I checked.

bread's done
Back