Warm-Hot Amazon.com Xbox 360 hard drive $79.82

wgsquallx2002

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
As the title says, Amazon has lowered its drive price down to $79.82. With free shipping and no tax, that's the best deal I could find for a Xbox 360 hard drive.
I'm tempted to get this but I'm worried about a future release of one of the rumored bigger hard drives (it's possible due to HD content availability on live).

[quote name='Hostile']Would this work with Google Checkout for $20 off?[/QUOTE]

Amazon doesn't use Google Checkout.

I have to say, 20GB really isn't enough. I constantly have to delete stuff to make room for new downloads. Granted, I keep alot of demos, but hey, I like alot of demos.

I suggest subscribing to the god-awful Official Xbox Magazine.

[quote name='PyroGamer']I have to say, 20GB really isn't enough. I constantly have to delete stuff to make room for new downloads. Granted, I keep alot of demos, but hey, I like alot of demos.
[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with this. Microsoft when they first launch did mention something about a 100GB hard drive and I tell you this if that was release I would buy it right away. Its just not enough room with 20GB hard drive.

Well I have a measly 64mb Xbox 360 Memory card in transit. I just want to play Gears of War on my 360 and actually be able to save my progress. I'm still pondering whether I should return the memory card I paid 30 for and fork out total of 80 for the 20gb hard drive. Any comments on pro/con of memory card vs hard drive? Thanks.

[quote name='wgsquallx2002']Well I have a measly 64mb Xbox 360 Memory card in transit. I just want to play Gears of War on my 360 and actually be able to save my progress. I'm still pondering whether I should return the memory card I paid 30 for and fork out total of 80 for the 20gb hard drive. Any comments on pro/con of memory card vs hard drive? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Yes you should. The hard disk is very nice to have.

Thanks OP! Now I have a fairly cheap HD to go with the $100 Core system I also got from Amazon. Best of all, I put it on my new PNC Bank credit card that gives me a $50 credit after the first purchase. So, in essence, I got a 360 Core system plus hard drive for $130!

[quote name='wgsquallx2002']Well I have a measly 64mb Xbox 360 Memory card in transit. I just want to play Gears of War on my 360 and actually be able to save my progress. I'm still pondering whether I should return the memory card I paid 30 for and fork out total of 80 for the 20gb hard drive. Any comments on pro/con of memory card vs hard drive? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

YOU WANT THE HARD DRIVE.

1) You can't download demos without the hard drive.
2) You will never run out of save game space with the hard drive.
3) You will be able to build a collection of XBLA games on the hard drive.
4) You can download movies, clips and game trailers onto the hard drive.
5) You can play a bunch of original Xbox games on your 360 if you have the hard drive.

Having a 360 without the hard drive is like... uh... having a 360 without connecting it to Live!

Plus at least some games run better with the hard drive. Not sure what percentage actually use it.

The annoying thing about it is practically half the space is used up by system stuff. But still, much better deal than a memory card (which only seems useful to transfer saves to a new hard drive IMO).

[quote name='PyroGamer']I have to say, 20GB really isn't enough. I constantly have to delete stuff to make room for new downloads. Granted, I keep alot of demos, but hey, I like alot of demos[/QUOTE]
(My 360 won't be here til tomorrow.)

Can't you copy stuff off to a USB hard drive? I know you can't play it there but you could at least move the demos off and not have to redownload them later.

I got a Core system at Micro Center. Why the Core? Because I'm convinced as well that a new bigger hard drive will come out soon and I can either buy the 20GB at a steep discount or get the bigger drive.

But...if someone wants the puny ;) 20GB drive, I would suggest buying it from buy.com then have buy.com customer service price match it to Amazon. Final price would be $79.82 - $20 Google Checkout Discount + $6.09 shipping = $65.91. I've never price matched anything on buy.com so YMMV.

Edit: never mind. GCO discounts can't be price matched. :whistle2:(

[quote name='Damian'](My 360 won't be here til tomorrow.)

Can't you copy stuff off to a USB hard drive? I know you can't play it there but you could at least move the demos off and not have to redownload them later.[/QUOTE]

I never tried, but AFAIK you can't on the 360 (just the PS3).

Also while I do think Microsoft will release a bigger hard drive, Amazon's sale is just because Amazon has good prices, not anything to do with a new drive.

[quote name='Wolfpup']
Also while I do think Microsoft will release a bigger hard drive, Amazon's sale is just because Amazon has good prices, not anything to do with a new drive.[/quote]
Maybe (just maybe) they got the hint from MS and want to clear out the little 20 giggers before the bigger ones go on sale? Just a thought....

the 360 without the hard drive is like a ridiculous analogy. it might be funny at first but the more you hear it, the more it annoys the hell out of you with its stupidity.

bread's done
Back