The "You're getting her what!?" Significant-Other XMas Gift Thread

varsitygamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
In the spirit of the Holidays, and consumerism, I thought it'd be nice if we had a place we could share our shopping lists for our significant others! Since I'm starting the thread, it's only fair that I get the ball rolling.

My girlfriend and I have been going out for >4 years (this will be our 5th xmas), and I have a bad habit of one-upping myself... that's sort of not going to continue this christmas. See, last christmas I was rolling in the dough... I had just over 1,000$ (profit from selling 2 xbox 360s) to spend on xmas gifts. She wound up with a digital camera (5mp kodak easyshare), a DS (target 100$ price error!) and games, and an ipod. It was pretty fantastic, and it felt great to spoil her. However, that means there's literally no way I can one-up myself this Christmas... plus, she hasn't let on nearly as much about what she would like. Anyhow, here is what the list looks like at the moment.

Christmas 2006 - The List
*A pair of Ugg Women's Classic Short boots, in black
*Domo Kun Plush
*I Like You by Amy Sedaris (book)
*Mission Impossible 3 (dvd)
*Walk The Line (dvd)
*Layer Cake (dvd)
*Memoirs of a Geisha (dvd)
*Threadless T-Shirt

Well that's it so far, but I'm looking to add to it. I'm going to try and scoop up that Harvey Birdman season 1 from amazon real soon, and we'll see what else (She only recently started a dvd collection, so she's been trying to build that). Ideally, other people posting their lists will inspire me and give me some ideas of what else I should get her. So go for it guys, I'm curious!

Happy Holidays! :D

I bought myself the new Tom Waits boxset, a new Carhartt Arctic coat, some high-quality mid-finger gloves, and (will buy)some new casual boots.

No girlfriend=more presents for me. *Obligatory masturbation joke*

All I have to deal with is the crushing lonlieness.

Nice new digital camera
Magnetica
Big Brain Academy
Trauma Center
maybe some jewelry, trying to find something original and unique

I don't have a girlfriend per se, but there is a girl that I am really interested in. Would it be a good idea to give her a gift even though we aren't going out or anything?

[quote name='doctordoom1974']I don't have a girlfriend per se, but there is a girl that I am really interested in. Would it be a good idea to give her a gift even though we aren't going out or anything?[/QUOTE]

id say yes.

[quote name='JackSuper']id say yes.[/quote]

In that case I would buy her Final Fantasy III on the DS and maybe something concerning Robotech/Macross.

[quote name='doctordoom1974']I don't have a girlfriend per se, but there is a girl that I am really interested in. Would it be a good idea to give her a gift even though we aren't going out or anything?[/quote]

I'd go with a box of condoms. Tell her you don't want to give her your gonorrhea when you're bangin' her from the back.

[quote name='doctordoom1974']In that case I would buy her Final Fantasy III on the DS and maybe something concerning Robotech/Macross.[/QUOTE]

Do you want to screw things up before anything happens?

[quote name='rabbitt']Do you want to screw things up before anything happens?[/quote]
Screw things up? What are you talking about? She wants to play FFIII and she is a big Macross fan. Personally, I don't think that she would get a negative impression of me based on those ideas.

By the way, I like the fact that you are a Gigantor fan.

Getting my fiance (been together 4 and a half years):

US Citizenship (Which is sucking my wallet dry so everything else is gonna be small this year compared to years where I spoil him rotten)
Firefly DVD box set
Serenity: Those Left Behind graphic novel
Loco Roco Beanie
and a $30-40 video game, I've got a list to choose from, just gotta see what's easiest to find.

And although it wasn't bought specifically for xmas, a blue man group: how to be a megastar 2.0 shirt from the tour.

He's getting me:

A few Singstars from the UK, one of the japanese taiko drum master games (one of the anime ones I believe), a poi set, a mood beam, and a couple other small bits and bobs.

My SO is a huge fan of the anime Ikki Tousen, so I got her a figurine of her favorite character. I also have to get her something Hello Kitty-related, I just don't know what yet.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Heh.

I have no idea what I'm going to get my gf yet. First I have to worry about her birthday, and that's a week from tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

dsc04082.jpg

So far:
-New digital camera that is even better than the one I have for myself
-Monster House DVD
-Ghostbusters 1 & 2 DVD set
-Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire DVD
-Over the Hedge DVD (already gave this one to him as an early gift as he is borderline-obsessed with the movie ;))

He has already discussed his gift to me: either a weekend getaway to Saipan or Tinian (we're in Guam right now because he's working there as I've said before) or a weekend getaway at the Guam Hilton. I think I might take the Guam Hilton because I am fucking sick of planes and the airport after flying 21 hours to get here, not including layovers. And I have to do that shit again the day after Christmas. :cry:

I am probably going to get him more, as I didn't want to have to bring over too much on the plane ride. Oh yeah, and we've been going out for a bit over 11 months.

EDIT: Whoever is buying their significant other that Juicy Couture bag, I really have to agree on its ugliness. Seriously, what the fuck? And for 175 US Dollars? I can get nicer-looking bags at Target for $15 or less.

I still haven't decided exactly what to get for my girlfriend, but it will probably be a random piece of jewelry. She's getting me a PSP though :D

DS Games and some other stuff. Normally there'd be some DVDs or something (both to her and from her), but we've given up on DVDs as being a waste of money.

Not too much stuff though, since we're college students with no jobs.

Well only been seeing my girlfriend for a few weeks now.. I might get her the Cars DVD cause she loves that movie, and money is pretty short this christmas. Maybe a threadless shirt too, if i find any good ones that are in stock..

No significant other this year, so I'm taking what I would have spent on him and donating it to charity instead -- my church is raising money for AIDS orphans in Cameroon. I sort of miss the thrill of the hunt for the perfect gift, but knowing that I'll be helping kids who really need it more than makes up for that.

ohh, love the ideas so far guys.

i take it you're proposing pooky?

and for those without significant others this holiday season, don't feel bad... you're saving a lot of money! feel free to tell us what you're planning to do with all that cash. love the charity idea. oh, and i didn't mean for this to be an exclusionary thread, just thought it'd be nice if we all shared our plans.

[quote name='varsitygamer']
i take it you're proposing pooky?
[/quote]

Thats the plan. She already told me my present - Trip to Jamaica :lol:

[quote name='gofishn']I got her this hideous purse:

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446141154&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=282574492444491&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474395222441&bmUID=1163209878391&ev19=1:10

[/quote]woohoo! Life is Juicy! I want the Juicy Couture Barbies. If anyone was wondering.

[quote name='jezebelseven']Loco Roco Beanie[/quote]!!! Where?! My local EB had an adorable inflated Loco roco berry for me, but some ARGHH!!! child drop-kicked the thing and punctured it beyond all recovery.
cigar.gif

I'd get in on this shizz, but my gf happens to peruse these boards, and I'm not going to let her nail my ass on what I did/did not get her for Christmas.

Let's just say I'm doing a good job of making sure she's getting what she wants.

Which are my pants.

Off.

Look if you need more explanation at this point, your mom and I made a video last night where some spectacular acrobatics were achieved.

Edit: Actually I can say one thing since I gave it to her tonight - the Charlie Brown Holiday Special 3-DVD pack from Target. We watched the classic Christmas one. There's a second Christmas one on there, and it's amazing - if you watch it, you can TOTALLY tell it is just animated version of 3-panel comic strips. I annoyed my gf upon this realization, because I kept saying "panel 1.....panel 2....panel 3!" You could tell where the setup, the con, and the prestige all were. Which, sadly, makes that particular version nowhere near as classic as the first - they aren't even comparable.

[quote name='doctordoom1974']In that case I would buy her Final Fantasy III on the DS and maybe something concerning Robotech/Macross.[/QUOTE]

In that case, I'd say it's probably better not to get her a gift.

Mine's getting a trip to disneyland, a pink coral ds, & an ice cream maker attachment for the kitchen aid artisian mixer I got her last year.

-Only fair really, she did get me a wii during launch w/ 4 wiimotes & nunchucks. :D.

Fun thread!
Alright, so lessee, mostly DS games for my g/f. We've been together.. wow almost 2 years I believe, come Easter. But I've been very short on cash, so I'm suprised I've pulled this off so far:
-Mario vs DK 2
-Yoshi's Island DS
-Brain Age
-Robin Hood Most Wanted Edition

She requested all of those, and so far there were some awesome deals on nearly all of those, so it was really easy to justify getting them all.
She also requested FFIII (DS) and Walk the Line 2D DVD, but I've not bought those yet.

And then tonight I picked up Kirby Squeek Squad and Pirates 2 just for the heck of it. I know nothing seems super good, but I'm hoping this year it's quantity over quality!

And I know one of my gifts already, which is the Zelda Soundtrack/Shield/Sword from Target; wanted it so bad but couldn't justify/afford $40 for it, so she said she'd get it for me. She's awesome.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']
-Robin Hood Most Wanted Edition
[/QUOTE]

Hey.

If things don't work out between you two...

why don't you go ahead and give me a call.

I got my her him:

-Sirius Sportster Replay
-$150 in activation cards (so it's a year service)
-Mario vs DK 2
-Uno for DS (LOL)

That's so far, I still am gonna pick up.
-Clubhouse Games
-Super Swing Golf
-Possibly Children of Mana or Magical Starsign. He wants a new RPG

Well, my wife already has & is using the big part of her Christmas - a 22" flat panel monitor. Got it from BB during the BF sale, and she came with me, so there wasn't really any way to keep it from her.

In addition to that, I've got her the next Smallville & Charmed sets she doesn't have (whichever were the latest ones released) and a few things from Bath & Body Works. And now I have to get her something for our anniversary on the 20th. She's also graduating college next weekend, but luckily I gave her an iPod at the start of this semester and let her know that was her graduation gift, I was just giving it early so she could use it.

SO's are expensive. ;)

bread's done
Back