What compilations would you like to see?

Darthrook

CAGiversary!
There has been some pretty sweet compilations that came out. Like the Sonic Mega collection and Mega Man.

Which would you like to see?

I would like a Castlevania compilation and maybe a Donkey Kong with the old school DK and the DK Countries.

I think a suikoden collection and a Treasure (the game company) collection would deffinitely be worth buying

Ultimate Square, the SNES days, Breath of Fire, FF 4-6, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana (plus the ones we didnt get), you could even throw Super Mario RPG on there... ahhh yes, itll never happen though :(

I think a really cool idea would be a Street Fighter II compilation... oh... wait... Actually, I'd love to see a Pac-man compilation with everything Namco has ever released in the 2-d pac-man world - original, ms., baby, super, junior, 3, etc...

[quote name='javeryh']I think a really cool idea would be a Street Fighter II compilation... oh... wait... Actually, I'd love to see a Pac-man compilation with everything Namco has ever released in the 2-d pac-man world - original, ms., baby, super, junior, 3, etc...[/quote]

There is a street fighter 2 compliation, released on the psx but is fairly rare now.

[quote name='iheartmetal']Ultimate Square, the SNES days, Breath of Fire, FF 4-6, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana (plus the ones we didnt get), you could even throw Super Mario RPG on there... ahhh yes, itll never happen though :([/quote]

Breath of Fire belongs to Capcom. (Remember the Chun-Li cameo?) The first one was Square only by virtue of a distribution deal.

I wish Square would just suck it up and release one last PS1 game:

Final Fantasy 3 (the ONLY FF game not out in the states)
&
Seiken Densetsu 3 (Amazing sequel to Secret of Mana)

Hell they could even throw Secret of Mana/Evermore on there. What squaresoft fan WOULDN'T buy this?!

I'd even pay $50 if this ever came out

[quote name='coolsteel'][quote name='javeryh']I think a really cool idea would be a Street Fighter II compilation... oh... wait... Actually, I'd love to see a Pac-man compilation with everything Namco has ever released in the 2-d pac-man world - original, ms., baby, super, junior, 3, etc...[/quote]

There is a street fighter 2 compliation, released on the psx but is fairly rare now.[/quote]

There's actually two:

SF: collection 1
&
SF: collection 2

and of course the Anniversary collection which is just all the games jammed into one bascially.

How about a Madden 1998-2003 collection? Just kidding.

I'd like to see a Mario collection released. Similar to the Mario All-Stars that was released on SNES, but include Mario64 and SMS on it.

I got my Zelda collection disks, so I really can't ask for much more :)

Going way back tthere are a ton of great old arcade machines that deserve to be kept available. I'd like to see a Universal collection (Lady Bug, Mr. Do!, Space Panic, etc.), an Exidy collection (Targ, Crossbow, Chiller, Venture, Pepper II, Looping, etc), aq bunch of Atari machines that are MIA in existing collections (I, Robot, Arabian, Kangaroo, Peter Packrat, Escape From the Planet of the Robot Monsters, Major Havoc, etc.) and many more.

Realistically, don't expect anything less than 8-10 years old in a complilation. The publishers need to reach not only nostalgic gamers who played these the first time around but also gamers who were too young to be in the market for their previous release.

how about an actual all sonic games collection, instead of releases that omit some games

or a leiberman (name mispelled as lack of respect) collection highlighting those games that moms with nothing better to disapprove of would disapprove: night trap, mortal kombat, gta3, RE, POP and of course, super mario bros

dos-only computer game collection (but windows compatible)

Complete Mario and Zelda compilations with the gameboy games etc.. included.
All Resident evils with updated graphics and the original version of 2 as an extra.
A Castlevania collection and a disc full of Sonic Team's other games ( Nights, Burning Rangers etc.) would also be great.

Adventure Island? That was a game I think, and Bonk, though I cant remember if thats any good. Or Star Tropics. (I like islands I guess)
Or just Classic NES Extreme sports games, Skate or Die, California Games, T&C Surf Designs.

There are enough Adventure Island titles between the NES, SNES, and TG-16/PCE releases to make a pretty worthwhile collection. Likewise for its sibling Wonderboy series.

A Capcom Arcade Collection, with Aliens vs. Predator, The Punisher, Final Fight, Strider, Dungeons & Dragons: Tower Of Doom, Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow Over Mystara and etc.

I wouldn't mind seeing a light gun compilation. It could have all those gr8 games from around the PS1 era of light guns (Time Crisis, Area 51, maybe even Virtua Cop and House of the Dead) of course, it would come with a light gun, and maybe a game
or two only released in japan

I'd just like all the variety in the game, and isn't that the root of compilations is, getting a bunch of varied games in one collection?

Atlus should come out with a (Shin) Megami Tensei collection, or series of collections. Here's a list of some of the games in that universe:

NES:
Megami Tensei
Megami Tensei II

SNES:
Kyuuyaku: Megami Tensei
Shin Megami Tensei
Shin Megami Tensei II
Shin Megami Tensei If...

Saturn:
Devil Summoner
Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers

PSOne:
Devil Summoner Soul Hackers
Persona
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
Persona 2: Innocent Sin

PS2:
Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne Maniacs
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

A lot of these games never made it to the US, so it would be nice to have some compliations of translated versions.

Jeremy

Ultimate Strategy games compilation, which has:

1. Tactics Ogre PSX
2. Ogre Battle PSX
3. Warsong Genesis
4. Final Fantasy Tactics PSX
5. Fire Emblem GBA
6. Dragon Force Saturn
7. Military Madness Turbo Grafx
8. Shining Force II Genesis

If they come up with those kind of collection in 1 Nintendo DS cartridge, I'll buy it even if the price is $250.00

Oh wait, a few more complilations for US gamers (all fully translated, of course):

Sakura Wars: Including Sakura Taisen 1-4 from the Dreamcast, and the PS2 remake of Sakura Taisen 1, to coincide with the release of Sakura Taisen 5 for the PS2 next Spring.

Tokimeki Memorial: Including TokiMemo: Forever With You released for the Saturn (better version between that and the PS1 version), TokiMemo 2 for the PS1 and TokiMemo 3 for the PS2. Maybe include the anime OVA or some of the side-story games as a LE bonus.

Snatcher/Policenauts: 'nuff said.

Shining Force III: Shining Force III Scenarios 1-3 Saturn

I'm sure there's more, I just have to think for a while... :)

Jeremy

forgot about my biggest want

an MSX collection from Konami with both Metal Gears and Policenauts and Snatcher( pretty sure Snatcher was released on MSX, not so sure about Policenauts, either way would prefer PS1 or Saturn versions)

This is easy....

A Snatcher/Policenauts collection. There was talk of releasing Policenauts for a LONG time on the Saturn or PS One. If they bundle Snatcher with it, Sony would approve.

Dragon Force Compilation with DF1 and DF2.

Panzer Dragoon Collection with 1, 2, PD Saga

Definitely agree on the Mario compilation. I keep hoping they'll do an updated version of All-Stars, but no luck yet. I'd be happy with just taking the old one and adding the snes games, plus SM64 and the gameboy ones.

I like the Castlevania and Donkey Kong idea that someone mentioned. I'd buy both of those.

What could also be cool is another Sega collection. They made one that was Golden Axe, Sonic Spinball and something else - how about Kid Chameleon, Streets of Rage, Revenge of Shinobi, etc.

Or how about a TurboGrafx16 compilation!

[quote name='hutno']a Treasure (the game company) collection would deffinitely be worth buying[/quote]

Took the words right out of my mouth. Anything that allows me to play Gunstar Heroes again without tracking down a Genesis.

Seiken Densetsu comp. (1-3)
Final Fantasy (Bring FF3).

Actually, I would be glad to have a PSX comp with FF3 (Japanese) and Seiken Densetsu 3....

Also, a Zelda GB collection would be cool. LOZ Link's Awakening regular and DX and Oracle games.

I have nothing to add to what's already been said, but here are my votes.

Donkey Kong
Mario
Metriod
Pacman

I would also love to play the old Tecmo Bowl even though it would probably seem real slow now. I used to love that game. Zig zagging back and forth so the defense couldn't catch up to you was sweet! :)

Metroid (all NES, SNES, GBA versions)
Super Mario (all NES, SNES, and N64 versions)
Ultima
Dragon Warrior

Nintendo should put all the Mario games, up to 64, on one disc. They should include: Mario class, Super Mario Bros 1-3, Super Mario World, Yoshis Island, Supermario 64, and maybe some odd games like Warios Woods or Yoshi 64 as unlockables.

Nintendo should put all the Mario games, up to 64, on one disc. They should include: Mario class, Super Mario Bros 1-3, Super Mario World, Yoshis Island, Supermario 64, and maybe some odd games like Warios Woods or Yoshi 64 as unlockables.

[quote name='bhfgamer']Nintendo should put all the Mario games, up to 64, on one disc. They should include: Mario class, Super Mario Bros 1-3, Super Mario World, Yoshis Island, Supermario 64, and maybe some odd games like Warios Woods or Yoshi 64 as unlockables.[/quote]

What abut mario teaches typing?

jk

Classic SEGA beat-em-ups: Golden Axe, Altered Beast, Streets of Rage 1-3, Die Hard Arcade, Dynamite Cop, etc..

Jurassic Park: Jurassic Park (NES, Genesis, SNES, Game Gear, Game Boy, Arcade), Jurassic Park pt. 2: The Chaos Continues (Game Boy, SNES), Jurassic Park Rampage Edition, The Lost World (Genesis, SNES, PS, Arcade), Warpath, Tresspasser, Jurassic Park III (DNA Factor, Island Attack, Park Bilder, Arcade), Operation Genesis, unlockable Universal Studios Theme Park level

Tales of Phantasia (complete with deJap translation)
Star Ocean(Same Dejap)
and Terrenigma(In house localization)
for the gamecube presented ala Working Designs Lunars. Big Package full of crap you don't need/use.

A Tetris Collection would be pretty neat. Tetris, Tetris 2, Magical Tetris Challenge, Tetrisphere, and whatever other ones they wanted to. Something like this to play online with the DS would go straight to number one on my want list.

Totally agree on the suggestions for Mario, Metroid and Castlevania compilations.
Still too early to even think of one for Resident Evil but who knows, maybe 5 years down the road?

bread's done
Back