For the Montgomery CAGs...

jah2004

CAGiversary!
I was in Toys R Us tonight, and scanned prices for Fatal Frame III and Final Fantasy IV. Both of these rang up for $9.98!! I hope somebody that wants these games can grab them...there was only 1 copy of each remaining when I left the store (about 9:30) so act fast. Sadly nothing else I tried scanned for less than full price, like Okami, Steambot Chronicles and Suikoden V (yeah I know, these 3 were just wishful thinking on my part). Glad I decided not to buy Fatal frame III online last week.

Picked up the last copies of Fatal Frame III and Final Fantasy IV, both were $9.98. Thanks jah :applause:. Now only if I can find the first Fatal Frame.

No prob. Glad you got those. I think those two might be my best 2 finds this year. I have wanted both of those for a good while. And by the way, Gamestop in Prattville had the first Fatal Frame when I was in there recently. It is $29.99. The store locator says they still have it so you might check it out. It certainly doesn't show up too often.

I found a copy of Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo in the P'ville Gamestop.

However, I found a prestine copy of it (original case, booklet, everything) at Rhino.

[quote name='Psykoboy2']I found a copy of Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo in the P'ville Gamestop.

However, I found a prestine copy of it (original case, booklet, everything) at Rhino.[/quote]

Was this the PS1 version? How much was Rhino selling it for?

I think it was under $30, but this was about 2 years ago. I bought the one at Rhino. Haven't seen it there since - but then again, I've only been in the place maybe 2 times in 2 years.

[quote name='jah2004']Does Rhino have complete PS1 games for sale? I havent been in there in forever.[/QUOTE]

They tend to have a good bit of them.. but try Rhino in Auburn. They CONSTANTLY have rare PS1 games on hand. It isn't unusual for them to have a Suikoden II, Valkyrie Profile, Einhander, etc.

I haven't been to Gamestop in Prattville in a while. I went to the parents' house up there last night, meant to stop by Kmart to check out the clearance possibilities.. but ended up getting shitfaced at a friend's place.

Now.. I gotta drive to Atlanta with a hangover!

I went to Sears today just to see if they had something worthwhile and all I saw was DOA Ultimate for 8 bucks and Eyetoy Kinetic for 7 bucks and some change. They had some games that I think I saw in some previous clearance threads that weren't priced or anything, but I didn't have the time to check prices. I'll probably head up to the P'Ville Kmart tonight and I'll post if I find anything.

[quote name='Skylander7']They tend to have a good bit of them.. but try Rhino in Auburn. They CONSTANTLY have rare PS1 games on hand. It isn't unusual for them to have a Suikoden II, Valkyrie Profile, Einhander, etc.

I haven't been to Gamestop in Prattville in a while. I went to the parents' house up there last night, meant to stop by Kmart to check out the clearance possibilities.. but ended up getting shitfaced at a friend's place.

Now.. I gotta drive to Atlanta with a hangover![/quote]

How are their prices on these things? I mean do they charge $150 for the Valkyrie Profiles and Suikoden II's (even though I have VP)? I know the last time I was in a Rhino they had Chrono Trigger SNES for $100 :roll: .

[quote name='jah2004']How are their prices on these things? I mean do they charge $150 for the Valkyrie Profiles and Suikoden II's (even though I have VP)? I know the last time I was in a Rhino they had Chrono Trigger SNES for $100 :roll: .[/QUOTE]

I think around $59 last time I saw one of either. $100 for Chrono? That's insane, I would've had them check that price. I believe I saw a Chrono cart at a Rhino 3 years ago for around $59.

While I'm in Atlanta, I want to check out some TRU's and Kmarts after I go to the Aquarium, CNN, etc. However.. I've only came here before for Six Flags, the airport, and strip clubs.. so I'm not too familiar with my surroundings.

How is Prattville KMart looking? I'll finally get a chance to go up there tonight, but I have a feeling it'll be raped at this point.

One thing that gets me.. 14 posts, 125 views.. I wonder who the lurkers are, eh?

I went to Auburn for a Chritmas party last week, and dropped by Kmart. I don't know if they updated their prices for the newest round of clearances, but they had a few things on the list (HL2 was one of them).

I keep lurking in this thread. Makes me giddy thingking about the locals. Don't worry. I don't have the money to rape stores of their cheap/oldish games :D

[quote name='NekoTsukimi']I keep lurking in this thread. Makes me giddy thingking about the locals. Don't worry. I don't have the money to rape stores of their cheap/oldish games :D[/QUOTE]

Montgomery has a decent sized lot of CAG's.. it's just few post I believe. Hell, for the longest time.. it was pretty much Argyle, Munch, and myself that actively posted. Argyle is probably 1/3 of Rhino in Montgomery's total business!

[quote name='Skylander7']How is Prattville KMart looking? I'll finally get a chance to go up there tonight, but I have a feeling it'll be raped at this point.

One thing that gets me.. 14 posts, 125 views.. I wonder who the lurkers are, eh?

I went to Auburn for a Chritmas party last week, and dropped by Kmart. I don't know if they updated their prices for the newest round of clearances, but they had a few things on the list (HL2 was one of them).[/QUOTE]

Auburn's prices were not updated as of last thursday. I tried a few games and nothing worked.

And if Prattville's is, can you grab me a metriod prime pinball? I can't get a hold of that one.

Picked up the following in Prattville tonight:

Fire Emblem PoR: $10
Feel the Magic: $3
Mechassault II: $2
Oddworld SW: $3
Tom Clancy Triple Pack: $4

I only got one of each.. Odama came up at $20, Gunstar Heroes at $20, Ape Escape at $20, Drill Dozer at $20, and a couple others. I finally got that damned Fire Emblem.. I've missed every other deal in town whenever it hit to get the damned thing.

[quote name='Skylander7']Picked up the following in Prattville tonight:

Fire Emblem PoR: $10
Feel the Magic: $3
Mechassault II: $2
Oddworld SW: $3
Tom Clancy Triple Pack: $4

I only got one of each.. Odama came up at $20, Gunstar Heroes at $20, Ape Escape at $20, Drill Dozer at $20, and a couple others. I finally got that damned Fire Emblem.. I've missed every other deal in town whenever it hit to get the damned thing.[/quote]Anything else up there worthwhile?

[quote name='Negronometry']Anything else up there worthwhile?[/QUOTE]

Alot of things didn't drop, which was weird. I couldn't do too much of a detailed search due to all the Prattvegans taking the kid with the key away, and he had to close the case whenever he walked off. I'm going to stop by there again in a week or two with the Slashbunny UPC list and rescan some prices.. I was really wanting that Odama and Gunstar Heroes.

[quote name='Skylander7']Alot of things didn't drop, which was weird. I couldn't do too much of a detailed search due to all the Prattvegans taking the kid with the key away, and he had to close the case whenever he walked off. I'm going to stop by there again in a week or two with the Slashbunny UPC list and rescan some prices.. I was really wanting that Odama and Gunstar Heroes.[/quote]I figured that. That K Mart sucks ass for keeping prices updated. I think there is only like one person that works in Electronics and he has to do all the work.

I need to get a Lost in Blue. I wonder if that game has all the way disappeared. I wanna play it even though people have been meh about it.

So have any of you heard about Gamestop/EB's Guitar Hero II tourney on Feb. 7? There is no kind of info on which stores are participating, but I was wondering if anyone knew anything going on in our area. Im pretty good on medium difficulty, and while I would have to practice a lot to even matter at a tourney, this would be awesome. I would def. be there.

Also, I was in Kmart in Pville this morning, and I grabbed Drill Dozer for $3. I believe I saw 2 more if anyone's interested. They were on the top shelf in the front of the case. I didnt have time to check some other games, because there were a lot of other people crowding the aisle. But definitely you can't miss on Drill Dozer for 3 bucks.

[quote name='jah2004']Also, I was in Kmart in Pville this morning, and I grabbed Drill Dozer for $3. I believe I saw 2 more if anyone's interested. They were on the top shelf in the front of the case. I didnt have time to check some other games, because there were a lot of other people crowding the aisle. But definitely you can't miss on Drill Dozer for 3 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit.. it still rang up at full price for me earlier this week. I guess this means they updated the clearance. Damn.. and I gotta go to Crockmire's tonight with the g/f and her mom.

[quote name='jah2004']Also, I was in Kmart in Pville this morning, and I grabbed Drill Dozer for $3. I believe I saw 2 more if anyone's interested. They were on the top shelf in the front of the case. I didnt have time to check some other games, because there were a lot of other people crowding the aisle. But definitely you can't miss on Drill Dozer for 3 bucks.[/quote]Well, me and my girlfriend are heading out tonight anyways, so I'll stop by there and pick that up and see if they have anything else there worthwhile.

Went to K Mart and found the last copies of Drill Dozer & Odama. Drill Dozer was $3 and Odama dropped to $12. I didn't feel like checkin the rest of the stuff out cus there was alot of people waiting, but I might stop by tomorrow after I get off work.

[quote name='Negronometry']Went to K Mart and found the last copies of Drill Dozer & Odama. Drill Dozer was $3 and Odama dropped to $12. I didn't feel like checkin the rest of the stuff out cus there was alot of people waiting, but I might stop by tomorrow after I get off work.[/QUOTE]

Damn.. I was hoping to snag Odama and Drill Dozer. I just got back home from Crockmires, and don't have the energy for another drive to Prattville tonight. I may have to check at lunch tomorrow.

I ended up caving in. Surprisingly, I made away with a decent haul:

Time Crisis, Crisis Zone w/Guncon: $6
Animal Crossing: $9
Odama: $12 (was behind a bunch of Naruto's or something on the top shelf)
Tiger Woods DS: $3
Metroid Prime Pinball: $3.50
Donkey Konga 2 w/Bongos: $5

They'll make good Xmas presents at least :) No Ape Escape 3 or Nightmare Before Christmas... oh well, they'll do a CAG good on Rhino trades at least.

[quote name='Skylander7']I ended up caving in. Surprisingly, I made away with a decent haul:

They'll make good Xmas presents at least :) No Ape Escape 3 or Nightmare Before Christmas... oh well, they'll do a CAG good on Rhino trades at least.[/quote]I couldn't find Metroid Prime Pinball for the life of me. I thought I spotted it, but it was Metroid Prime Hunters. Did they have anymore of the Donkey Konga's? I already have one set of bongos, trying to get an extra one for the girlfriend.

[quote name='Skylander7']I ended up caving in. Surprisingly, I made away with a decent haul:

They'll make good Xmas presents at least :) No Ape Escape 3 or Nightmare Before Christmas... oh well, they'll do a CAG good on Rhino trades at least.[/quote]

Was there any more Animal Crossing or Donkey Konga 2? Those 2 completely slipped my mind when I was in there.

Wow, with the deals you guys are getting, I could prolly get a decent game or two with the change on the floor of my car.

[quote name='NekoTsukimi']Wow, with the deals you guys are getting, I could prolly get a decent game or two with the change on the floor of my car.[/quote]

Yeah there are some damn cheap deals to be found. I really had no money for games this week and im glad I got Drill Dozer. In fact that was paid with change I found lying around.

[quote name='jah2004']Yeah there are some damn cheap deals to be found. I really had no money for games this week and im glad I got Drill Dozer. In fact that was paid with change I found lying around.[/quote]

Quite a super sweet deal since Prattville doesn't have that harsh blow of 10% like Montgomery... Darn it, when are they gonna knock it back down!

Went to TRU today to check out all those games that dropped to $9.98. I was thinking to myself like, damn, I finally get a chance to get some good stuff, and how about everything was raped. Metal Gear Acid 2, gone, Atelier Iris 2, gone, Castlevaina DoS, gone, Grandia III, gone. I ended up leaving with only Ape Escape 3 and Samuria Champloo: Sidetracked. Now, it isn't like I hated these games, just wish I would have gotten there a lil' sooner. Could only get there on my lunch break at noon and thats all I saw left that was worthwhile. Anyways, I'm gonna head to Gamestop at P'ville and see about picking up Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner.

[quote name='Negronometry']Went to TRU today to check out all those games that dropped to $9.98. I was thinking to myself like, damn, I finally get a chance to get some good stuff, and how about everything was raped. Metal Gear Acid 2, gone, Atelier Iris 2, gone, Castlevaina DoS, gone, Grandia III, gone. I ended up leaving with only Ape Escape 3 and Samuria Champloo: Sidetracked. Now, it isn't like I hated these games, just wish I would have gotten there a lil' sooner. Could only get there on my lunch break at noon and thats all I saw left that was worthwhile. Anyways, I'm gonna head to Gamestop at P'ville and see about picking up Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner.[/quote]

Yeah we were in the same boat. I was there at 10:30ish hoping to snag Grandia III, Steambot Chronicles and Atelier Iris but no dice. Samurai Champloo was a want but not as bad as the others. I knew there was only one Steambot left a few days ago so my hopes werent up but there were several copies of Atelier Iris 2. I thought for sure I would at least snag that. But I cant complain, since I scored Fatal Frame III for $10 last week (that was a huge want). Samurai Champloo should be fun as well.

[quote name='jah2004']Yeah we were in the same boat. I was there at 10:30ish hoping to snag Grandia III, Steambot Chronicles and Atelier Iris but no dice. Samurai Champloo was a want but not as bad as the others. I knew there was only one Steambot left a few days ago so my hopes werent up but there were several copies of Atelier Iris 2. I thought for sure I would at least snag that. But I cant complain, since I scored Fatal Frame III for $10 last week (that was a huge want). Samurai Champloo should be fun as well.[/quote]Yea, that was the main reason I wanted to get the game. I like the anime and I heard the game was ok, a little repetitive, but fun for the most part. So hell, for 10 bucks, I guess I really can't be too picky.

Yeah I havent seen the whole series yet, but the anime is awesome. Damn I really really wanted Grandia III though. I had a blast playing through Grandia II.

So did anybody around here manage to get an extra copy of Grandia III, Steambot or Atelier Iris 2? I might have something of interest to trade for one of these...

For anyone that is looking for one.... Target has PS3s (60GB) in stock. There were 2 visible in the glass case with the PS3 stuff, and it looked like there were a few more behind the big cardboard display in the case as well (couldn't tell if they were 20GBs or 60GBs).

[quote name='jah2004']So did anybody around here manage to get an extra copy of Grandia III, Steambot or Atelier Iris 2? I might have something of interest to trade for one of these...[/QUOTE]

When I went Tuesday afternoon, they didn't have any of the three. Somebody must have snagged a bunch of them for trades or fleabaying, who knows. I was really wanting to snag Grandia though.

I ended up getting Battalion Wars and Odama at $4.99 a pop though, thanks to the $5 coupon. They still had a few Chibi Robo, a bunch of Gun for Gamecube, etc.

For some reason, I want a PS3. I have no interest in any games on the system, but damn. I have that disease that gives me that drive to be the first in my group to have all the new toys. God that sucks.

I want one too at some point, just not $600+ worth of want. Maybe a while down the road when the price comes down some and there are some more interesting games out for it. Everyone have a good (fun) New Years!

[quote name='Skylander7']When I went Tuesday afternoon, they didn't have any of the three. Somebody must have snagged a bunch of them for trades or fleabaying, who knows. I was really wanting to snag Grandia though.

I ended up getting Battalion Wars and Odama at $4.99 a pop though, thanks to the $5 coupon. They still had a few Chibi Robo, a bunch of Gun for Gamecube, etc.[/quote]

Did they give you any shit as far as those coupons were concerned? Im gonna check tomorrow, because all of a sudden I want Battalion Wars and Chibi-Robo real bad. Were there any BW left after you got yours?

Well I went into TRU Sarurday morning to get Chibi Robo for $5. I pick the ticket up and glance at the PS2 games, when low and behold there is 1 ticket sitting there for Steambot Chronicles!! So I check out and everything, go to the window to pickup the games and the lady comes back and says sorry sir we dont have this game in stock. I thought she meant Steambot, but it was Chibi Robo that they dont have even though there are 5-6 tickets out on the floor for it :bomb: . Still I got out of there with Steambot which I really wanted! Now if I could just luck up/fuck up and find a Grandia III lying around somewhere I will be set.

[quote name='jah2004']Well I went into TRU Sarurday morning to get Chibi Robo for $5. I pick the ticket up and glance at the PS2 games, when low and behold there is 1 ticket sitting there for Steambot Chronicles!! So I check out and everything, go to the window to pickup the games and the lady comes back and says sorry sir we dont have this game in stock. I thought she meant Steambot, but it was Chibi Robo that they dont have even though there are 5-6 tickets out on the floor for it :bomb: . Still I got out of there with Steambot which I really wanted! Now if I could just luck up/fuck up and find a Grandia III lying around somewhere I will be set.[/quote]

They did that crap to me the other day with the Wii! They put out like 20 tickets for it on that table where they have the display box. So I grabbed one and headed to the checkout..... then they gave me the spill about them not having any?!?!? I was like WTF? You have like 20 tickets out for it..... oh well..... maybe next time.

bread's done
Back