Does Schnapps go bad

Trancendental

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Does schnapps go bad? I've got some sour apple schnapps sitting around from my last party (just opened two months ago but bought a few years ago), and I just tasted it and it tastes sour, then bland and almost bitter, then has a sweet aftertaste - is that normal?

[quote name='Strell']Just take about 8 shots real quick.

You won't worry about the taste after that.[/quote]

You're right - after about 4 or 5 sips - it's starting to taste better :bouncy:

(although I would appreciate an answer if anyone really knows)

Yes, schnapps goes bad. Its bad before you even open the bottle.

Sorry about another asshole answer, I just couldn't resist.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Yes, schnapps goes bad. Its bad before you even open the bottle.

Sorry about another asshole answer, I just couldn't resist.[/quote]

NP - I'm right there with you. I just keep it around because the courvosier doesn't grow on trees.

ladiesman.jpg

[quote name='camoor']NP - I'm right there with you. I just keep it around because the courvosier doesn't grow on trees.

ladiesman.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Touche!

[quote name='camoor']NP - I'm right there with you. I just keep it around because the courvosier doesn't grow on trees.[/QUOTE]

But American Schnapps costs the same as Cheap vodka, or Whisky. All of which could be mixed with fruit juices to cover the alcohol taste. Next time you drink American Schnapps remember its nothing more then high fructose corn syrup cut down with alcohol, unless your drinking true German Schnapps. For the better of mankind at least drink cheap vodka instead of American Schnapps.

I've been wondering this myself. I have a nearly full bottle of the same type, as well as some butterscotch. And they've been open for at least 2 years now. Yeah. I'm not a big drinker. I'm inclined to think it's gone bad by now, but am kind of scared to taste it and find out for sure, but also would feel like a total ass if I wasted a full bottle without knowing if it was necessary. Which is probably why it's sat there for 2 years.

Get some Goldschlagger, mix it with some Captain Morgan, and enjoy.

I know this has nothing to do with the thread, but Captian's Treasure needs more exposure.

bread's done
Back