CC Rumble Roses XX x360 $16.96

[quote name='Roufuss']Well...fuck... is this game worth $16.96? The first game was pretty fun for what it was.[/QUOTE]

Maybe. I really liked the first game, but wasn't too keen on this one. At a $60 price tag, I felt cheated. I may have felt less cheated for $20.

[quote name='terribledeli']Maybe. I really liked the first game, but wasn't too keen on this one. At a $60 price tag, I felt cheated. I may have felt less cheated for $20.[/QUOTE]

Mini Review on the differences.

Now.

I also saw a couple copies of Rumble Roses XX at my local CC (South Portland, ME) in the clearance bin for $16.96.

Ridge Racer 6 was also $16.96, I picked up the last one.

[quote name='Roufuss']Well...fuck... is this game worth $16.96? The first game was pretty fun for what it was.[/quote]

Spend your $17 elsewhere.

[quote name='Roufuss']Mini Review on the differences.

Now.[/QUOTE]

The angle of the fighting is different. No new characters.

Character models and movement seem a little stiffer. My wife thinks they tried to make the characters look more realistic, but failed. Everyone has that really odd shine.

Story mode has been relegated to picking an arena to fight in, then doing the fight. I can't remember any cut scenes in any fashion.

They've added a Street Fight mode, but its pretty useless. Its basically a wrestling match sans the arena, the ability to use submissions, and characters can be launched.

There's also a Queen's match mode, in which the losing player is required to do a humiliating move such as pretending to be a cat or giving the winner a massage.

Online mode is weak at best. I had a difficult time finding a match, even when the game was first released.

On the plus side, humiliation moves are much easier to achieve. I'd like to say they've added a mode where the only way to win is via humiliation moves.

Tag matches are in, though I was never able to find the belts.

After winning the title, a character retains it. So you can continue to fight as the champion, or have another girl do a series of matches to earn a shot.

Hm... to be honest, no story mode dosen't bother me, since the story mode on the first was laughably dumb, and I skipped most of it anyways.

How is the actual gameplay, the actual wrestling? Better, worse, the same?

[quote name='Roufuss']Hm... to be honest, no story mode dosen't bother me, since the story mode on the first was laughably dumb, and I skipped most of it anyways.

How is the actual gameplay, the actual wrestling? Better, worse, the same?[/QUOTE]

It seemed a little harder for me to pick up, but roughly the same. If its not using the same engine as Rumble Roses, its using the following year's one.

Hate wrestling, could probably pick this up for less in a couple months.

Good price for those who want it, though.

If you liked the first one, you will like this version as it is pretty much the same. They added superstar versions of each character and you can have both the good and heel versions unlocked at the same time. The superstar versions have some different moves and different costumes. You can also pick costume color variations.

The acheivements take some time for each character since you need to beat each of the main girls so you will play about 15 single matches or so before a title match. You basically have to keep track of who you fought though as the game does not let you know how close you are to the title match. You can also get the Tag Team titles as well and certain pairs of girls have special Tag Team names. There are also acheivements for all costumes unlocked fpr each characters but they take even longer to get. If you are a fan of Metal Gear Solid, they have Eva and Olga customes as unlockables. Kind of like Reiko was in Metal Gear Solid 3 Online.

Don't forget this version has pretty bad load times, and the one-player isn't just a little bad. It's really bad. But multiplayer is good fun.

Just played this game a little earlier. Graphics are not bad, girls are smokin hot, kind of fun. I think it's worth about $15 :) I would have flipped if I paid $60 for this new.

Worth it but beware of a couple of things:

Don't get this game thinking you'll get an easy 1000 achievement points. They are a bitch to achieve. I think I put 10 hours into this game and got 10 pts out of it.

Also, this game lacks an auto save feature, so you MUST save your game before you exit (or frequently, depending on your faith in the X360 hardware). Chalk another one up for Japanese developers. They still don't get the little things...

Humiliation matches are near impossible since THERE IS NO CHARACTER MOVE LIST IN THE MANUAL!!! There isn't a practice mode that defines each move either, so it's up to FAQs or other means to figure out. This is a real PITA.

But the graphics (ahem) are gorgeous, and it's a pretty good wrestling game by itself. I paid near full price for it when it was released and I feel I got my money's worth. Let's get some more copies of this into players' hands so we can get some good multiplayer matches going!

I wouldn't buy the game for this...

929261_20060328_screen004.jpg

But they do have a $5 pricegrabber rebate making it $12.

I'm not sure I'd buy this game for $1 it's so fucking horrible. Seriously there is not a single redeeming quality about this game unless you are a sad, sad virgin even if your'e a sad, sad virgin.

bread's done
Back