PS2/PS3 Component Cables (First Part Sony) $14.98 TRU Web/B&M

WebScud

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
Since HD is bigger now than it was in 2001...

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2330691&cp=&f=Taxonomy%2FTRUS%2F2254197&origkw=component&kw=component&parentPage=search

As with any $*.98 TRU in-store, YMMV. One store I went to today had them for $14.98, the other $5.00.

Enjoy!

EDIT/UPDATE:
[quote name='mkelehan']You should mention in the topic title that these are 100% compatible with the PS3.[/quote]
Thanks mkelehan! It should also be noted that these do not work with the PSone.

EDIT/UPDATE 2:
For what it's worth, the PS2/PS one (green PS2 package) RF adaptor is $5.00 (YMMV) in-store as well.

EDIT/UPDATE 3:
I'm told that the RF adaptor also works with the PS3, but I have no idea if that's true. Can anyone confirm?

I'd buy 'em for $5...but I really want some GC component cables to pretty up Twilight Princess.
Maybe I'll check it out if I get to TRU soon.

From The Article

Product Description

Showcase stunning Xbox 360 high-definition graphics with the component connection on your HDTV. Play high-quality audio with the included stereo connection or use the optical audio port for digital sound. The eight-foot shielded cable also includes the more traditional composite connections for use with standard-definition televisions.

Good going toys r us.

[quote name='Raphael']From The Article

Product Description

Showcase stunning Xbox 360 high-definition graphics with the component connection on your HDTV. Play high-quality audio with the included stereo connection or use the optical audio port for digital sound. The eight-foot shielded cable also includes the more traditional composite connections for use with standard-definition televisions.

Good going toys r us.[/quote]

HEH.

The website is need of serious help.

[quote name='mkelehan']You should mention in the topic title that these are 100% compatible with the PS3.[/quote]

I didn't know that.

Now that is the hot spot, now i gotta compare the cost between this and thoes HDMI cables.

pimp
I ordered one for me, and one for my brother and with google checkout and it comes to less than 14 dollars shippped each

Now all I need is a component input switch (with support for at least 4 devices) Any deals on something like that?

Is the pos3 even hdmi ready yet? I heard the PS3 has been having problems getting its full potetial in picture quality out so far. Blue ray discs will most likely break the system after a couple of years anyway.

Hmm actually its looking like these MIGHT work with composite. Taken from their description "The eight-foot shielded cable also includes the more traditional composite connections for use with standard-definition televisions."

Then again its apparently an xbox 360 cable..........

[quote name='Brian9824']Hmm actually its looking like these MIGHT work with composite. Taken from their description "The eight-foot shielded cable also includes the more traditional composite connections for use with standard-definition televisions."

Then again its apparently an xbox 360 cable..........[/quote]

The sony brand component cables are component ONLY. No composite output.

Also, they are much higher quality than those Madcatz universal component cables. I had the Madcatz hooked up to a PS3 and you would get this faint grey bar moving up the picture and a slight buzz in the audio. No such problems with the Sony cables.

If you have a PS2 or PS3 and want to hook it up via component, you owe it to yourself to use the sony cable. Its more expensive (typically), but its higher quality as well.

Ahh then the TRU description is just full of crap. I just got a S-video connector for my ps2 off ebay which should be fine since I don't have a TV with component

[quote name='ofacto']Now all I need is a component input switch (with support for at least 4 devices) Any deals on something like that?[/QUOTE]

The cheapest that I found was about $19-$24 range at Fry's B&M

Circuit city only price matches online printouts if it comes from circuitcity.com.
They aren't supposed to price match a printout from toyrus.com.
My tv has component outputs but is about 3 years old and is not HD.
Will I notice much of a difference in the picture?

[quote name='hupp']Circuit city only price matches online printouts if it comes from circuitcity.com.
They aren't supposed to price match a printout from toyrus.com.
My tv has component outputs but is about 3 years old and is not HD.
Will I notice much of a difference in the picture?[/QUOTE]

your TV has component INPUTS is prolly what you mean. Component is the highest quality you can get on that TV.

Will you notice? Depends on what you are using now, how nice your TV is, how sharp your eyes are, how close you look.

IMO for $15 the BEST CONNECTION you can have is worth the price.. especially since you can use them when you upgrade to HD someday

Unlike the monster cables that price out at like $50

[quote name='shrike4242']TRU SKN # for this would just be wonderful, so we can try to find it in-store.[/quote]

My reciept only has the UPC, which is 711719703204.

In case you guys missed by update to the OP about the RF adaptor...

[quote name='WebScud'] EDIT/UPDATE 2:
For what it's worth, the PS2/PS one (green PS2 package) RF adaptor is $5.00 (YMMV) in-store as well.

EDIT/UPDATE 3:
I'm told that the RF adaptor also works with the PS3, but I have no idea if that's true. Can anyone confirm?[/quote]

I'm glad I finally found a deal that's useful to people. ;)

I'm really glad the RF adapter is still compatible, but geez would that be funny to spend $500 on a console with lots of games running at 1900x1280ish and running it through a RF connection :D

I ordered this online with a game with the 10 off 30 google checkout, but then I saw that sony is releasing the official ps3 component cables 12/28 according to gamestop. Probably not any different from the ps2 cables though.

I love how Sony didn't include the component cables in the ps3 and don't even have any 1st party ones available for sale a month after release of the console.

Any good cheap fillers to get in on this thing? I've got a friend who could probably use the second, and Google checkout could at least take care of that and the shipping.

This sounds good, I'm only using composite for my PS2 on my plasma and it looks blurry. I'll get a PS3 eventually, so this'll go great with it!

My TV does have 2 HDMI ports, though. The TV can display 720p and 1080i, would the HDMI look any better than component cables on a TV that only goes up to 1080i/720p?

It's the Panasonic TH- 42PX60U if anyone's wondering.

[quote name='onacouch']This sounds good, I'm only using composite for my PS2 on my plasma and it looks blurry. I'll get a PS3 eventually, so this'll go great with it!

My TV does have 2 HDMI ports, though. The TV can display 720p and 1080i, would the HDMI look any better than component cables on a TV that only goes up to 1080i/720p?

It's the Panasonic TH- 42PX60U if anyone's wondering.[/QUOTE]

that my CAGer is a sin! Using composite on a HDTV is making your picture worse, not to mention you are missing out on the 35% or so of PS2 games that go 480p or sometimes(rarely) higher.

If you have any HDTV you absolutely 100% MUST use component cables and set all games that can to 480p and 16x9

check out HDTV.com for a database of PS2 , OGXBOX and GCN games that support either 480p/720p/1080i DTS DD5.1 or PLII

I was rocking Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction on my OGXBOX in full 720p w/ DD5.1 it was tight

[quote name='AZPunisher']So are these the best cables to buy for a PS3 on an HDTV? [61" Sammy DLP]

Or are there superior/cheaper ones to be had on mono?[/QUOTE]
Cheapest cables would be these but some people would argue that HDMI is superior to component. From the technical standpoint I am not so sure if one type does boast superiority but to me at least HDMI looks slightly better then component running to my LCD. By slightly I really mean slightly and I am sure that a lot of people wouldn't even see a difference.

HDMI is definately superior to component. Composite, S-video, and component are all analogue connections. Component is the best, but it is still analogue. DVI and HDMI are digital. DVI has pushed uncompressed video, while HDMI does totally uncompressed video and audio.

bread's done
Back