Super Smash Brothers: Showdown (Fan made SSB?)

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
So I saw this video.. and nearly shit myself. Nintendo characters with gameplay like Marvel vs. Capcom 2.. and it looks legit. That's the exciting part. I couldn't find any information on it so it may just be something made up, but holy crap, if this is something someone's making, someone please post the link, because I am dying to play this.

http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=2dl3jth

That attack by the wizard from SMW at the end was completely badass. Even if someone's making this game, i'd pay to play it.

Erm, the gameplay looks very similar to the fighting simulator M.U.G.E.N. for PC. For the record, they have fan made mario's and luigi's for the M.U.G.E.N. system which emulates the 2D fighting experience. The megaman battlenetwork sprite looked like it was ripped straight from gameboy.

That is Mugen. I have been playing it for years. The sad part is that Electbyte the people who created the game disbanded after they got little funding from the people like me who would play it.

You can make your own characters for the game and edit them really good.
The sad part is that people have been making mostly cheap Ryu/ken characters or have been porting characters to the game.

The game itself is nice but to be honest It is kinda useless without multiplay or an Arcade program setup.

I have like thousands of M.U.G.E.N characters and I keep all my music files in the sound folder.

I was making a mugen character but then I just stopped and got lazy.

MUGEN is a great way to advert a fictional character. There is tons of ways to use MUGEN seeing how they built it on Allegra.

If they only implemented a Ntetwork mode via DOS. The DOS mugen has most of the characters. The Windows Mugen ( was not sappose to be shared ) is a upgrade but too much memory usage.

The Linux MUGEN is the best version and was the real last game to have all the kinks knocked out of it. It can use DOS mugen characters along with Windows Mugen I think.

[quote name='InuFaye']can anyone tell me how to make this game run full screen?[/QUOTE]

If it is Windows try and Pressing Alt+Enter like with most Windows programs.

You also can look in the def files. I forget but the option allow full screen should be there.

In DOS you would Strech to fit screen which is no diffrent then Windows full screen.

Personally I am only going to get this file to get Kamek probably one of the most famous Mugen characters. Kamek is in Regular sized form like in Super Mario World series and the creator decided to Super Size his Sprite. I will guess this package will also have Mr. Game and Watch. I hope this has Marx which that other creator stopped working on.

[quote name='The Crotch']Woah. D-does anyone else see that? I think... I think I can understand his language! It actually makes sense to me! Regalsin made a coherent post![/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. I think Regalsin has been consciously trying to better himself, hats off to you for that regal.

Okay I just downloaded this and the Installer is messed up. They forgot to rename the files seeing how Windows will not reconigze file names. Anybody had this problem?

Is there something I could use to browse the installer? Winzip and rar etc is not working.

Hey everyone, my name is Darkbyte and I am the owner of the site posted above(VGAforums) and the producer of the game. Want proof? Uhm, I don't have much but check the site, my username is the owner and my youtube account:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=tsuchan111221

Diffrent username though.

So, a friend of mine pointed this thread out to me in an email and I couldn't help but grin. I started this project about three years ago, stopped working on it for two years and then finished it(or close to) now.

The download is on my website:

http://www.vgaforums.com/

On the frontpage, just check the news. I decided that I should probally clear up some stuff.

[quote name='Regalsin2020'] Okay I just downloaded this and the Installer is messed up. They forgot to rename the files seeing how Windows will not reconigze file names. Anybody had this problem?

Is there something I could use to browse the installer? Winzip and rar etc is not working.[/quote]
This is due to the fact you downloaded the old and bugged out version, just the other day, we released a new version, check the homepage.

[quote name='InuFaye']can anyone tell me how to make this game run full screen?[/quote]
Alt + Enter.

Any further questions, please join and send me a PM on my site.

Nice meeting you all.

Played around for it a bit, very awesome.. two things..

Why is the audio slow and chopped up in the menus..

and how do I change the resolution?

[quote name='Scorch']Played around for it a bit, very awesome.. two things..

Why is the audio slow and chopped up in the menus..[/quote]
Thanks for the compliment, as for your question... Plugin error, a patch was released by a friend of mine that deals with it:

http://www.vgaforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?p=21876#post21876

[quote name='Scorch']and how do I change the resolution?[/quote]Alt + Enter runs it in full screen but you can also do the following:

Open up the data folder and open up the file Mugen.cfg in any text editor. Scroll down to where it says resoloution and change it to whatever you wish. :)

[quote name='Brak']Looks like shit...[/quote] It does, doesn't it? ^-^

[quote name='Darkbyte']Hey everyone, my name is Darkbyte and I am the owner of the site posted above(VGAforums) and the producer of the game. Want proof? Uhm, I don't have much but check the site, my username is the owner and my youtube account:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=tsuchan111221

Diffrent username though.

So, a friend of mine pointed this thread out to me in an email and I couldn't help but grin. I started this project about three years ago, stopped working on it for two years and then finished it(or close to) now.

The download is on my website:

http://www.vgaforums.com/

On the frontpage, just check the news. I decided that I should probally clear up some stuff.

This is due to the fact you downloaded the old and bugged out version, just the other day, we released a new version, check the homepage.

Alt + Enter.

Any further questions, please join and send me a PM on my site.

Nice meeting you all.[/QUOTE]

Cool man downloading now. I'll let you know what I think once the DL is finished.

That patch fixed the sound bug, thanks. It's fun to play.. regarding Sora, is his animation just not done yet? (he's a big black spot in the game).. I was actually learning some combos with Mario.. really fun game.

[quote name='Scorch']That patch fixed the sound bug, thanks. It's fun to play.. regarding Sora, is his animation just not done yet? (he's a big black spot in the game).. I was actually learning some combos with Mario.. really fun game.[/quote]That Sora is just one of his palletes, he has many. Try pressing some diffrent buttons on the select screen. ;)

I have an error every time I try to run it. "Blah blah has encountered a problem and needs to close".
Are you sure you are running the latest version.

I tried playing as Mega Man but I kept falling in the first pit on Adventure mode. Mega Man jumps like shit :(

Hmm, the adventure mode stages were removed from the version that we just released because of stuff like that, they will be re-added in future versions.

bread's done
Back