Will the Wii be easy to get?

Because Christmas is over, yes, it should be a little easier to find them. While tons of kids will have Christmas money and gift cards, that means that there won't be tons of parents searching for the Wii to put it under the tree (kinda late now).

So yes, it should be easier. But that doesn't mean it will be. I'm still expecting sell outs as the holiday season progresses. Good luck to you though and Merry Christmas.

Thank you so much hack, you gave a valid response, as opposed to the illiterate guy above. Do you think the camping out is over? Will I have to show up early to get a Wii, or should I just walk in a store and try to get one?

[quote name='FallMoon']Thank you so much hack, you gave a valid response, as opposed to the illiterate guy above. Do you think the camping out is over? Will I have to show up early to get a Wii, or should I just walk in a store and try to get one?[/QUOTE]

:lol: Lighten up man, I know you're young but I'm sure that wasn't your first ever encounter with sarcasm.

You probably won't be able to get one without camping until at least the end of January. Like hack said, there are going to be a lot of people with gift cards looking for Wiis to spend them on, so you'll have some competition out there. Good luck.

You have got to be kidding me.

Yes, all stores will be stocked to the ceiling with Wii's. Now that Christmas is over, not as single person in America wants one. Everyone who wanted one got one before Christmas.

Don't get your hopes up. Remember all those people saying stuff like"Nintendo is making alot of Wiis. You will be able to just walk in to a store on launch day and pick one up." Those are probably the same people who are going to be saying its easy to get one now since christmas is over.

[quote name='FallMoon']Thank you so much hack, you gave a valid response, as opposed to the illiterate guy above. Do you think the camping out is over? Will I have to show up early to get a Wii, or should I just walk in a store and try to get one?[/quote]

Heh. No problem.

I do think that the camping-out madness is over. In a few days or weeks time, it should be relatively easy to pop into a store and find a few left on the shelves. If you plan on trying to get one this close to Christmas, I would still recommend getting up early, maybe 30 minutes before the stores open. Most stores are having big after-Christmas sales, so expect crowds.

[quote name='FallMoon']Gizmog, give up on sarcasm while you're ahead.[/QUOTE]

FallMoon, GameFaqs misses you. Go back, please.

The Wii will probably be impossible to get because... you're no longer competing with other games, you're competing with their moms, dads, grandparents, aunts, and uncles.

It will be easier to get, but my guess is you'll still have to line up to get one at least through Mid-January.

yeah, everyone said the 360 would be easier to find after Christmas last year. Took me until mid March to find one. I don't think the Wii will be that bad, but I think it will be at least until Febuary when supply outnumbers demand and you will be able to just walk in and get one without being there at the right time right when they come in.

[quote name='FallMoon']Thank you so much hack, you gave a valid response, as opposed to the illiterate guy above. Do you think the camping out is over? Will I have to show up early to get a Wii, or should I just walk in a store and try to get one?[/QUOTE]

Illiterate? But a smile is worth a thousand words! :D

Just show up. Like I said, stores will be literally giving away the Nintendo Wii since its a failure. Everyone that wanted one, has got one.

Actually, they will probably be harder to find now. Once all the Grandma and Aunts see how cool it is, they will want one to. They have cars, unlike you with your Razor Scooter, and can snatch them up before you even cross the street.

[quote name='gizmogc']Just show up. Like I said, stores will be literally giving away the Nintendo Wii since its a failure. Everyone that wanted one, has got one.

Actually, they will probably be harder to find now. Once all the Grandma and Aunts see how cool it is, they will want one to. They have cars, unlike you with your Razor Scooter, and can snatch them up before you even cross the street.[/QUOTE]

Is it just me or has gizmogc been on a mean streak when it comes to these Wii availibility threads?

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Is it just me or has gizmogc been on a mean streak when it comes to these Wii availibility threads?[/QUOTE]
Nah, I think so too...

[quote name='gizmogc']Just show up. Like I said, stores will be literally giving away the Nintendo Wii since its a failure. Everyone that wanted one, has got one.

Actually, they will probably be harder to find now. Once all the Grandma and Aunts see how cool it is, they will want one to. They have cars, unlike you with your Razor Scooter, and can snatch them up before you even cross the street.[/QUOTE]

This, lady and gentlemen on Cheap Ass Gamer, is sarcasm. Read it and learn it well.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Is it just me or has gizmogc been on a mean streak when it comes to these Wii availibility threads?[/QUOTE]

Do we really need 8 different threads about 'Can I/Will I' regarding the Wii? Just make one and use it. I'm sure we will have another 10 this week regarding the same damn topic.

They've got one at my local Wal Mart, but it looks like it's a return.

I'm planning on picking one up for my birthday, and methinks they'll have a few by then.

I'd be weary of returns right now. Sadly with the Wii there is no seal so no real way to tell if its been opened and played with just by looking at it.

Does PS3 come with a seal?

Giz your first stroke of sarcasm was cute.
The second one was the kind you luagh at so the person doesnt feel bad.
After the third i just wanna kick your teeth in. Give the kid a break.

Well it's frusterating. It's not like FallMoon hasn't been on the forums a bit, and there have been about ten threads similar to this over the past month or so about WAREZ DA WII. It's a question none of us can answer and if we could there'd be a big thread about it already.

[quote name='furyk']Well it's frusterating. It's not like FallMoon hasn't been on the forums a bit, and there have been about ten threads similar to this over the past month or so about WAREZ DA WII. It's a question none of us can answer and if we could there'd be a big thread about it already.[/QUOTE]

But there has been. How many threads in the past month detailing exactly where the Wii would be sold, and in some circumstances, how many. Thats what irritates me. Too lazy to actually read through and spend time on the forum, but feel the need to post a thread and expect a hundred people to hold there damn hands to get one. CraigsList right now has tons. TONS. Anyone that couldn't sell it before Christmas will either be returning it shortly, or trying to make a few extra bucks. Spend the extra $50-$150 and get one TODAY. Hell, most of these buyers will DELIVER it to you just to make a $50 profit.

In all reality, what does it matter how easy it will be to get? If we say "yes, it will be easy", would that prevent you from trying any harder to get one? If we say "no, it will still be difficult", will that dissuade you from looking? You will get one when you get one, either by trying hard and camping or by dumb luck. Gizmo isn't the only person annoyed by the constant "Wherez da Wii?" (to steal from fury) threads, and I don't even frequent this section heavily.

I meant definitively. None of us know when you can walk into the local Wal Mart and get a Wii which is what the OP was essentially asking. It's a retarded question to ask, yet it gets asked all the time.

[quote name='gizmogc']

Yes, all stores will be stocked to the ceiling with Wii's. Now that Christmas is over, not as single person in America wants one. Everyone who wanted one got one before Christmas.[/QUOTE]

:lol: are you kidding? Some people have bills to pay and can't get one right away like myself... and I want/wanted one.

No, here's a quote from Reggie Fils-Aime.

"[The Wii] will only be shipped during holiday season in the years to come. [Nintendo] is sorry for any inconvenience this may cause."

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:lol: are you kidding? Some people have bills to pay and can't get one right away like myself... and I want/wanted one.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to go start drinking some bleach to try and get why it's so hard for most of CAG to pick up on sarcasm.

[quote name='furyk']I'm going to go start drinking some bleach to try and get why it's so hard for most of CAG to pick up on sarcasm.[/QUOTE]
Dude, don't drink bleach. That can be dangerous.

[quote name='furyk']I'm going to go start drinking some bleach to try and get why it's so hard for most of CAG to pick up on sarcasm.[/QUOTE]

No doubt, pretty funny to watch people get riled up about comments they don't understand are a joke though.

I agree. I am going to send my Wii to FallMoon. I feel bad for him. FallMoon, please let me send you my Wii and my 10 games. I want you to have it since you have tried so hard to obtain one this past month. I know the 2 phone calls placed to EB and visits with Mommy at 7PM at night to Wal-Mart did not turn up anything...so I will send you mine.

[quote name='naes']No, here's a quote from Reggie Fils-Aime.

"[The Wii] will only be shipped during holiday season in the years to come. [Nintendo] is sorry for any inconvenience this may cause."[/QUOTE]

Might as well add the fact that it will be re-designed every year and the new Wii will be no longer have a 'Wiimote', but instead Nintendo will put 8 different microchips in you're body.

[quote name='naes']Dude, don't drink bleach. That can be dangerous.[/QUOTE]

Haha dude. I wuz just kiding! Thanx for careing evry1.

[quote name='gizmogc']Might as well add the fact that it will be re-designed every year and the new Wii will be no longer have a 'Wiimote', but instead Nintendo will put 8 different microchips in you're body.[/QUOTE]

w8 so if i jus bougt a wii i am outta luckz? fuckin' GAYtendo is ther n e thing i can do?!?!????

[quote name='furyk']Haha dude. I wuz just kiding! Thanx for careing evry1.[/QUOTE]
Many_faces_of_o_rly.gif

to quote you: I guess my :lol: face didn't pass my sarcasm... >_<

sarcasm online is sometimes hard as hell to get across.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']to quote you: I guess my :lol: face didn't pass my sarcasm... >_<

sarcasm online is sometimes hard as hell to get across.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, FallMoon didn't get it. 'Don't make shit up' :lol:

Sad thing is, I think he's older than me. :cry:
[quote name='gizmogc']Yeah, FallMoon didn't get it. 'Don't make shit up' :lol:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']to quote you: I guess my :lol: face didn't pass my sarcasm... >_<

sarcasm online is sometimes hard as hell to get across.[/QUOTE]

Well if it was just the :lol: face sure. The "Are you kidding" indicates either:

A. You were taken in.
B. You need to work on sarcasm.

Given that most of CAG reacted with indignation and anger... well let's hope this thread gets locked.

Edit: And I'm in a poor mood. Christmas always does this to me. I feel so bleh afterwards and it's been raining all day. So excuse my bitchiness if it exceeds usual amounts.

this thread is entertaining to read..... sorry fallmoon, but its fun watching people get bashed... takes some of the holiday stress away

Hey FallMoon, there's already a HUGE mega thread about Wii Availaibility. Cheapy started a sub forum for it since there were so many threads and Gizmo one day stopped bitching and took initiative and created the mega Wii post-xmas availability thread. Go check it out.

bread's done
Back