Is Goomba a mushroom?

[quote name='furyk']I thought a Goomba was a slur for those dirty I-talians.[/QUOTE]
And Mario stomps on Goombas.... And Mario is Italian.... You know what this means?

panel_1.gif

panel_2.gif

panel_8.gif

panel_9.gif

panel_10.gif

I say they are. Look at the pic in the wiki link thats a mushroom if you ask me.
The wiki link says a "mushroom, chestnut looking."

Well I've never seen a chestnut with a stem, like a mushroom.

[quote name='naes']And Mario stomps on Goombas.... And Mario is Italian.... You know what this means?[/QUOTE]

Goombah on Goomba crime?

Gordie: Mickey is a mouse, Donald is a duck, Pluto is a dog. What's Goofy...?
Teddy: He's a dog, he's definitely a dog...
Chris: He can't be a dog, he wears a hat and drives a car...
Vern: Yeah, that is weird. What the hell is Goofy?

pancakes.jpg

[quote name='The Crotch']And the weird thing is, if I were to kill you, I would be the one sent to prison.[/QUOTE]

Little is said in Mario games about Goombas themselves, except that, according to the manual of the original Super Mario Bros. (p. 12), they are mushroom creatures and traitors to the Mushroom Kingdom.

Wiki says mushrooms.

[quote name='furyk']I thought a Goomba was a slur for those dirty I-talians.[/QUOTE]
Goombah.

I've always thought they were evil mushrooms...while the super mushrooms and mushroom containers are good.

I wonder if they were originally named "goomba" after the racial slur. Magic Mushrooms and Goombas, great! ;)

[quote name='eldad9']Gordie: Mickey is a mouse, Donald is a duck, Pluto is a dog. What's Goofy...?
Teddy: He's a dog, he's definitely a dog...
Chris: He can't be a dog, he wears a hat and drives a car...
Vern: Yeah, that is weird. What the hell is Goofy?[/QUOTE]

He's just that, Goofy.

I did not know that those brown, round things in SWM were supposed to be goombas. I always thought of them as little truffle men. To me, for something to be a goomba the observer has to be able to distinguish the cap from the stalk, and I don't see that happening with the SMW truffle men.

Anyhow, live n' learn.

[quote name='crystalklear64']They are actually a species of lizard, as seen in the blockbuster hit, the Super Mario Brothers Movie.
goomba.jpg
[/quote]

Knew someone had to be an ass and bring up that shitty film

[quote name='fart_bubble']Knew someone had to be an ass and bring up that shitty film[/QUOTE]
Lawl thats clever, cuz your name is fart_bubble, and farts come out of your ass, and you said ass. Shitty too.

bread's done
Back