Wombat go get a PS3

Jackal888

CAGiversary!
I have been for weeks hearing Wombat complain about PS3. They are in stores now so go out and get one so you can make a valid opinion of the console.I live in NYC and every GameStop or Toys R Us I have been to has the console.I think Sony can hit the 1million unit mark as planned.

I'd like to hear why ANYONE should buy a PS3 at this point in time. I just don't think there is a valid arguement out there (not that there won't be in the future).

[quote name='shipwreck']I think we already have enough CAGcast hosts that regret buying a PS3. :)[/quote]

It's not so much that I regret buying it, just that there is nothing I'm interested in playing available.

Speaking of which, I got Armored Core 4 and will talk about it on Wednesday's show.

[quote name='Jackal888']I have been for weeks hearing Wombat complain about PS3. They are in stores now so go out and get one so you can make a valid opinion of the console.I live in NYC and every GameStop or Toys R Us I have been to has the console.I think Sony can hit the 1million unit mark as planned.[/QUOTE]

I don't think I have complained about the PS3 so much as wondered why I should buy one right now. I only want my consoles for one purpose and thats to play great games, right now the PS3 doesnt have any games that are worth the 660 plus tax investment to me (keywords "to me"). When the games are out I will pick one up or as stated earlier in the thread some stranger buys me one, because we all know I am the only one who uses the site that would take a free PS3 if offered to them, ;)

[quote name='javeryh']I'd like to hear why ANYONE should buy a PS3 at this point in time. I just don't think there is a valid argument out there (not that there won't be in the future).[/quote]

Okay granted I have a PS3 and there is a lack of gaming goodness on it. But if Wombat is trying to make moves into being a "Gaming Consultant"he should have all three new consoles. I know $650 is a lot of money to spend for another black shiny box. Maybe he can use his special Wombat move. I call it the The Mooch Kick. It kicks PR people into sending him free stuff.

By the way CheapyD's special moves are The Gas of Greatness and the Unboxing of Fury.

[quote name='shipwreck']I think we already have enough CAGcast hosts that regret buying a PS3. :)[/quote]
Shipwreck you probably are one of the last people to sell the PS3 at a profit. Now that they are available that Ebay +PS3= Profit is dead.

[quote name='Wombat']I don't think I have complained about the PS3 so much as wondered why I should buy one right now. I only want my consoles for one purpose and thats to play great games, right now the PS3 doesnt have any games that are worth the 660 plus tax investment to me (keywords "to me"). When the games are out I will pick one up or as stated earlier in the thread some stranger buys me one, because we all know I am the only one who uses the site that would take a free PS3 if offered to them, ;)[/QUOTE]

Don't try to use logic with him Wombat. It'll just end up hurting you.

[quote name='javeryh']I'd like to hear why ANYONE should buy a PS3 at this point in time. I just don't think there is a valid arguement out there (not that there won't be in the future).[/quote]
Umm, the same reason you purchase any console at launch?

To have it.

I'm sorry if I missed out on the amazing 360 launch where its BEST game was "GEOMETRY WARS", a minigame from Project Gotham Racing.

Or the Wii's amazing launch that consists of its ONLY great title being a game that was made for the Gamecube and supports no notable improvement, other then a gimmicky way to press a button and 16:9 support.

Atleast the PS3 supports a different Launch IP that isnt a peice of crap or a port or a minigame.

BUT, if your sole argument revolves around the Price. Well, then I cannot help you. If you aren't able to afford hundred bucks more for a console, then you shouldnt really be complaining about prices in the first place.

A ps3 is such a waste of money at the moment. They maybe worth it when Overstock has a 15% off coupon and they add component cables and a Headset to the box untill then I say Wombat don't even think about being tempted by it. Unless Sony sends a free one to you guys.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Umm, the same reason you purchase any console at launch?

To have it.

I'm sorry if I missed out on the amazing 360 launch where its BEST game was "GEOMETRY WARS", a minigame from Project Gotham Racing.

Or the Wii's amazing launch that consists of its ONLY great title being a game that was made for the Gamecube and supports no notable improvement, other then a gimmicky way to press a button and 16:9 support.

Atleast the PS3 supports a different Launch IP that isnt a peice of crap or a port or a minigame.

BUT, if your sole argument revolves around the Price. Well, then I cannot help you. If you aren't able to afford hundred bucks more for a console, then you shouldnt really be complaining about prices in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Hey look I have a PS3!!! Cool! What games does it play? Resistance! What else? Motorstorm! ...............

It's really tough to say let me get a PS3 just to HAVE it. I'm not into FPS games so the PS3 launch looks that much more lackluster to me. It doesn't mean that the game isn't good or that some people wouldn't want it but I'd have a really hard time buying a $500-600 console just to say I have it and look at it on my shelf.

The 360 had a bit of a cushion because they were first. So even if the launch wasn't as great as you wanted it to be they were the only choice at the time.

As for the Wii Zelda game...if you really believe that the controls don't add to the experience then you haven't played the game or played it long enough to appreciate them. I'm not saying they are perfect but I can't imagine any single person who has played through the game feel excitement out of the controls for at least a few minutes. Not to mention that your gimmicky way of pressing a button was later added to the PS3 controller at the zero hour.

Even people who can afford a PS3 or 3 of them still think it costs too much. Even more so with the limited game lineup. It's going to take the PS3 a good amount of time to get rolling IMO.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Umm, the same reason you purchase any console at launch?

To have it.

BUT, if your sole argument revolves around the Price. Well, then I cannot help you. If you aren't able to afford hundred bucks more for a console, then you shouldnt really be complaining about prices in the first place.[/quote]

I could buy a PS3 for every room in my house if I wanted to so price really isn't a factor if they offered me something (but it's still WAY too expensive and just because I have the money doesn't mean I should buy one).

I understand that when you buy a console at launch you are buying it based on potential and not what's available right away. That said, the PS3 has almost ZERO potential in my eyes right now. Seriously, outside of Metal Gear Solid 4 and a few of the second party games that are inevitibly coming there's nothing that excites me in the future of this console. Plus, the online functionality is lacking and don't even get me started on the lack of an internal scaler to play on my TV.

The Wii has the Nintendo franchises and a completely new way to play games which I more than welcome because things had been getting a bit stale. The 360 has Live and seems to be getting third parties on board (like GTA4, Virtua Fighter 5, etc.). Plus, Geometry Wars is still looks like more fun to play than any PS3 game currently available. I am very very pleased with my 360 even though I was skeptical about it in the beginning.

I didn't buy the PSX at launch for the same reasons I'm not buying a PS3 - turrns out I picked one up about 2 years into its life-cycle after seeing that the system wasn't going away and there were a lot of great looking games coming out for it. I hope I am wrong about the PS3 too - at the end of the day I just want to play the best games possible and I really don't care what system they are on.

For all you PS3 owners how much are component and or hdmi cables for the system. I really haven't seen them in the best buy aisles.
I know that the ps3 only comes with composite cables which is such a joke for a next gen system.

[quote name='ivanctorres']For all you PS3 owners how much are component and or hdmi cables for the system. I really haven't seen them in the best buy aisles.
I know that the ps3 only comes with composite cables which is such a joke for a next gen system.[/QUOTE]

You can just use the component cables for the PS2 or any HDMI cable will do.

I love my PS3, but not currently because of the games. As a blu ray player it is fucking awesome and that was the main reason why I picked one up so soon.

At this point I don't see me getting a PS3. My brother in-law brought his PS3 up for the weekend of next-gen goodness( I already have a 360 and a Wii), and one thing that became readily apparent was the 360 and Wii did things better than the other consoles, while the the PS3 did a little of everything; just not as well.
Cases in point: the 360 has the best online play and shopping experience, and the Wii controller has a better motion control, and a better web browser. At this point we also gave the graphics edge to the 360. Add to this the anemic PS3 launch library and you're left with a less than compelling argument for the PS3. We might have played it for a total of 2 hours for the whole weekend.

My wife and I are both gamers, and up to this point we've owned every console that has hit the market. We just don't think it's worth the money. Once the price drops a little , and it has some exclusives we're interested in. I just can help shaking the feeling of disappointment in the PS3 at this point.

I love my PS3, but not currently because of the games. As a blu ray player it is fucking awesome and that was the main reason why I picked one up so soon.

I did forget to mention the Blue Ray player. The movies did look awesome.; then again, so did the HD movies I downloaded off of Xbox Marketplace. The the HD-DVD/Blue Ray battle is a whole other thread though. lol

I sold my PS3 because I got bored of it. The online sucks compared to live, plus there are not any games I'm interested that are coming out in the "near" future that are exclusive to PS3. I'll wait for it to drop to $300-$400 before I buy another.

[quote name='Jackal888']Okay granted I have a PS3 and there is a lack of gaming goodness on it. But if Wombat is trying to make moves into being a "Gaming Consultant"he should have all three new consoles. I know $650 is a lot of money to spend for another black shiny box. Maybe he can use his special Wombat move. I call it the The Mooch Kick. It kicks PR people into sending him free stuff.

By the way CheapyD's special moves are The Gas of Greatness and the Unboxing of Fury.[/quote]
He doesn't need one to say that all the games suck

Hence why there are so many on shelves in New York like you said.

the point of wombat having a ps3 is not whether he wants one or can afford one. the point of wombat having a ps3 is that he has a video game talk show. in order for CAGcast to make money, he has to spend money first. he cannot honestly give an opinion if he has not played the game. when the show does a review section, like how CheapyD does, the game should have been played by both. CAGcast cannot have a review section if one of the hosts did not play the game at all and have an opinion of it.

[quote name='dude2003']the point of wombat having a ps3 is not whether he wants one or can afford one. the point of wombat having a ps3 is that he has a video game talk show. in order for CAGcast to make money, he has to spend money first. he cannot honestly give an opinion if he has not played the game. when the show does a review section, like how CheapyD does, the game should have been played by both. CAGcast cannot have a review section if one of the hosts did not play the game at all and have an opinion of it.[/quote]

Well considering how the show isn't his job then it shouldn't be his job to pay $700 to be able to say that all the games aren't worth that price.

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']Well considering how the show isn't his job then it shouldn't be his job to pay $700 to be able to say that all the games aren't worth that price.[/quote]
like i said, if he wants to make money, he has to spend money first. if the show is successful (with ads pouring in) he doesn't need a full time job.
make the $700 an investment. $700 isn't a large investment if CAGcast is successful. he will be rewarded with more than 10x that $700.

[quote name='Jackal888']I have been for weeks hearing Wombat complain about PS3. They are in stores now so go out and get one so you can make a valid opinion of the console.I live in NYC and every GameStop or Toys R Us I have been to has the console.I think Sony can hit the 1million unit mark as planned.[/QUOTE]

It would be nice to have cheapy and wombat both have all consoles for the CAGcast.

But i dont think the ps3 is really worth the price atm (not a lot of blueray movies and games for it. online content needs a lot of work)

I dont see a difference in buying the ps3 today for 500-600 or waiting a whole year for improvements and then buy it for 500-600.
It will be the same price so why wait?
At least thats how i justified getting mine as soon as it was released.

I dont expect the first price drop for about 14-16months.
And a drop of 50-100dollars isnt really worth not having a chance to play it until then.

bread's done
Back