how much does a PS2 game weigh?

Animeguy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I was wondering about this because I need to send some games out. Doing them online seem to be cheaper but I have no idea how much they weight.

[quote name='Animeguy']I was wondering about this because I need to send some games out. Doing them online seem to be cheaper but I have no idea how much they weight.[/quote] 2 ounces with a bubble envolpee

Two ounces? That's way off. It's usually 8-9 ounces w/ bubble mailer depending on the thickness of the manual. I've never had a single-disc PS2 game be over 10 ounces.

If i'm off online, is there anyway I can pay the difference there? If I do is everything done in the retail pricing anyways ? like say 2 ounces + DC is 1.10 online but it ended up being 5 ounces and cost 3.00 Retail. I would pay the difference of 1.90 ?

8-9 ounces ?? DAMN

[quote name='Animeguy']If i'm off online, is there anyway I can pay the difference there? If I do is everything done in the retail pricing anyways ? like say 2 ounces + DC is 1.10 online but it ended up being 5 ounces and cost 3.00 Retail. I would pay the difference of 1.90 ?

8-9 ounces ?? DAMN[/QUOTE]

No, just drop it in the drop box and you'll be fine, if you do the postage costs at home you don't ever need to wait in line at the post office.

I'm 95% sure no one ever weighs it again, unless it's like 4 pounds and you said its 2 ounces.

Roufuss are you serious? I mean that is just funny for them not to check it. I think I going with 6 for one and 11 for two ? that seems right to me. I always drop it off at the PO anyways, so I know it leave there that day. So just drop it in a box and it should be ok ? even if its off by a couple of ounces ?

ps2 games are usually at least 6 oz in my experience. 2oz maybe if you sent disc only....

[quote name='Animeguy']Roufuss are you serious? I mean that is just funny for them not to check it. I think I going with 6 for one and 11 for two ? that seems right to me. I always drop it off at the PO anyways, so I know it leave there that day. So just drop it in a box and it should be ok ? even if its off by a couple of ounces ?[/quote]

a couple of ounces makes a difference in the cost of postage. Just go to usps.com and see.

Yeah I understand that a few ounces makes a difference but from what Roufuss is saying, I can say its 2 ounces when it is really 5-6 Ounces and it will ship. So 6 ounces seems to be the general average ?

Sorry for pointing you out Roufuss

[quote name='Animeguy']Yeah I understand that a few ounces makes a difference but from what Roufuss is saying, I can say its 2 ounces when it is really 5-6 Ounces and it will ship. So 6 ounces seems to be the general average ?

Sorry for pointing you out Roufuss[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't know about that since I don't usually ship first class, but I know that something that is say, 1 pound 2 ounces can be bumped down to a 1 pound to save a bit of money.

The postal workers don't re-weigh it though if you've paid postage on it already, I think the only time it would get sent back is if it was VERY suspicious.

All I'm saying is you don't have to be 100% exact, just ballpark it and you'll be fine.

Wow, you people are funny. And here I am taking all mine into the PO, using the scale in the lobby, and if they are off by .1 oz I get in line (little to no lines at my PO anyway) and pay the extra 24 cents for a stamp to tack on. I always assumed they would get sent back, or worse, come postage due to my buyer :rofl:. It never occured to me that they WOULDN'T check them! Wow...

Anyway, if you want to be accurate, most PS2 games with bubble mailer and one sheet of paper (I always include a cover letter/invoice) come up to about 6.5 oz - nearly always between 6 and 7, anyway. So I always pay for 7.

Gamecube games are nearly always between 5 and 6 oz - but just the other day I shipped a Super Smash Bros and it came up 6.3 or so, so I had the clerk add a 24 cent stamp to it. It never occured to me to just drop it off and take my chances. Maybe in the future if I'm off by just .1 or .3 oz I'll just let it go :lol:.

Anyway, Xbox games also come up 5-6 oz, and DS and PSP games are always under 5 oz.

So I put 7 for PS2, 6 for GC/Xbox, and 5 for DS/PSP.

[quote name='62t']i usaully just guess the weight. never have any problem.[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess too - and then I verify it and pay the difference if I'm under. It never occured to me not to do that. Strange, I'll rip off stores left and right (LEGALLY - I mean via price matching, taking advantage of trade-in prices and promos, etc) but I wouldn't mess with the USPS (though I suppose if they let me trade in old mail for credit to get new mail I might do that ;)).

[quote name='io']Well, I guess too - and then I verify it and pay the difference if I'm under. It never occured to me not to do that. Strange, I'll rip off stores left and right (LEGALLY - I mean via price matching, taking advantage of trade-in prices and promos, etc) but I wouldn't mess with the USPS (though I suppose if they let me trade in old mail for credit to get new mail I might do that ;)).[/QUOTE]
i figure if a buyer did eventually complain about paying the difference, i would still be saving money in the long run.

[quote name='62t']i figure if a buyer did eventually complain about paying the difference, i would still be saving money in the long run.[/QUOTE]

I suppose - I think on the ones .1-.4 oz over, I will stop adding postage. I mean, that could be within the error of measurement (though their lobby scale and clerk scales are *always* exactly the same). But it is a bit of a stretch for me to start marking them all 2 ounces :rofl:.

Seems I going with 6 ounces and 2 games pirority because I think the cost is the same. SO I can just track on some stamps if its under ?? Nice to know.THanks everyone for the help

I bought a scale. Anyone mailing 1st class really needs to just buy a scale.

Most of the time a game in a mailer is 6 oz, sometimes 7 and ones with massive manuals may hit 8. If I didn't have a scale I'd go with 7 ounces for everything minimum. 8 ounces if you want to be absolutely safe.

I wish the USPS would crack down on people underpaying their postage. Send the shit back to them so they have to mail it again and repay the postage.

[quote name='Animeguy']If i'm off online, is there anyway I can pay the difference there? If I do is everything done in the retail pricing anyways ? like say 2 ounces + DC is 1.10 online but it ended up being 5 ounces and cost 3.00 Retail. I would pay the difference of 1.90 ?
[/QUOTE]

Technically yeah, you'd pay the difference, but like the last user said, many people don't even double check them anymore.

Also, I usually put 8-9 oz. depending on the shipping method to be on the safe side. Say I sold something on eBay, the person wanted media mail and my scale said it was 6 oz. To be safe, I'd put 8 oz. as long as it didn't raise the price. Each weight doesn't have it's own specific price. By that I mean, a package that weighs 6 oz. will usually cost the same as one that weighs 8 or 9 oz. I usually do this to keep from getting a stupid by-the-book PO employee that returns my package because it's supposedly under the actual weight.

[quote name='wubb']I bought a scale. Anyone mailing 1st class really needs to just buy a scale.

Most of the time a game in a mailer is 6 oz, sometimes 7 and ones with massive manuals may hit 8. If I didn't have a scale I'd go with 7 ounces for everything minimum. 8 ounces if you want to be absolutely safe.

I wish the USPS would crack down on people underpaying their postage. Send the shit back to them so they have to mail it again and repay the postage.[/QUOTE]

:oops:

Well, I had a DS game come up at 5.3 oz today and I had only paid for 5. After reading this thread I decided to just go for it. We'll see what happens. Anyway, with .3 oz and below it could always be "user error" with the scale ;).

I should buy a scale too, but I'm too much of a cheap-ass and would rather just guess and pay the difference when I have to. The scales the PO sells are about $40. If someone has a (much) cheaper alternative I might consider buying one.

I sent a package priority that was 7.0.1 pounds. I paid for the 7 lbs, not paying an extra $1 for .1 ounces =]
Though i did have to hand it to the front desk because the box was too big to dropbox - and he weighed it, but he didnt seem to care about the small difference.

[quote name='wubb']I bought a scale. Anyone mailing 1st class really needs to just buy a scale.

I wish the USPS would crack down on people underpaying their postage. Send the shit back to them so they have to mail it again and repay the postage.[/quote]

Yeah, I agree. I bought a scale too and if it's over by .1 oz I pay the extra postage too. USPS is having financial problems as it is (gonna raise the postage cost again), if people keep underpaying USPS'll disappear entirely.

Well I just got back from shipping a few games from the TRU sale. I have the receipt in front of me and can tell you about what they weighed.

Ps2 game + padded envelope = 7.50 oz first class
Just for arguments sake

Ds game + padded envelope = avg 5.30-5.50 oz first class

Did combos of DS + PS2 game = 11.70 and 12.30 oz first class.

Hope that gives some ideas.

I always weigh it at the post office. But I think if you're shipping two games together, it's almost the same cost as using the flat rate envelope and I always just use that.

Flat rate stuff usually arrive undamaged so I don't really worry about not using bubble wrap.

bread's done
Back