Japan CAGs-I also need help finding something non game related

ragtop70

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I'm looking for a bath tablet produced by the Kao corporation that was called Actibath when it was available in the US. They came sealed in pouches 5 to a cardboard box. They were available in Blue Forest-blue, Light & Fresh-green, and Spring Floral-pink. I'm a big man and these things are the only product that help my sore feet after a day at work. I'm looking to buy anywhere from 5 to 10 boxes depending on cost and shipping plus finder's fee. Please let me know what you find.

i'll take a peek tomorrow. i need to buy toothpaste anyway. i think i know what you're looking for.

http://www.kao.co.jp/products/bub/index.html#p05

it's called Bub (short for bubble). scroll down to the 4th box, and check if anything seems familiar or just plain "right" to you.
blue waterlily
jasmine tea
mint
lime squash
asian resort

btw, did some online checking and jergens/kao stopped production in america because americans shower rather than "bathe". there wasn't enough of a market.

checked today when i got my aquafresh and listerine.

they come in boxes of 20. the boxes cost between 700 and 800 yen. the "cool" ones were 800 while the regular were 700. the real problem comes with the weight. a box of 20 weighs about 1 kilogram. i don't know how much that will cost in shipping, but it seems like it might be a lot.

this is the japan post chart.
http://www.post.japanpost.jp/english/fee/intel/parcel.html

you'll be spending a pretty penny for shipping, and it would probably be best to get a few boxes so you dont spend so much on shipping smaller boxes. additionally, there may be some import grocers in the states that could send this to you regularly at a more reasonable rate because they have things shipped in bulk. there are other shipping options if you want to poke around there. it may take a while for the package to get to you, and i don't even know how to receive payment, but i should be able to figure it out. i was never a fan of paypal, but i may sign up for that. otherwise a money order in yen might be a possibility.

Thanks so much for looking. You're right about shipping. I'll check with the Oriental Groceries in the area and see if they can help me out. I honestly hadn't even thought to try that route. Thanks for the page with the pictures, hopefully I can get somewhere by taking a printout with me.

ragtop - there are 2 Asian markets (one specifically Japanese) in Evansville -- I'll check for you too, and since you're not too far from KY, shipping will be cheap if I can find some Bub for ya.

if you have no luck with the markets, i'll help you out. it's just gonna cost a bit more for shipping than you'd probably like.

bread's done
Back