Hotel Dusk: Room 215 - Nobody Wants This Game To End... Ever...

Nah, the post is titled exactly the way you should treat this game. Hotel Dusk and Phoenix Wright in the same month! Yay.

What the fuck? I've never even heard of this game. And that trailer actually looked pretty damn cool. I'm gonna have to watch this one... could end up being the next Phoenix Wright.

[quote name='furyk']Nah, the post is titled exactly the way you should treat this game. Hotel Dusk and Phoenix Wright in the same month! Yay.[/quote]
Indeed. Have had this preordered for a bit now. Reserved it at GameCrazy (both PW and HD), I don't think GC is offering the stylus bonus for PW! :( I knew from the second I saw the first shot of this game that I must have it. Can't wait.. Phoenix Wright one week, Hotel Dusk the next, hoorah!

I'm even more excited about this game after checking out that trailer. Every other game I've got going on might get sent to the backburner for this one.

I've had this one preordered for a while now. Go and get me all excited now whydoncha? :D

From the moment I first heard about this game I couldn't wait for wait for this game. Especially after hearing it's from the guys who did Trace Memory. I just hope this game will last a little longer then TM did, or at least gives me some incentive to replay the game a few times. But from the looks of that preview in Nintendo Power, it looks like it will have some replay value.

[quote name='zatos']I've had this one preordered for a while now. Go and get me all excited now whydoncha? :D[/quote]

Whoa I saw your avatar and was like wtf I don't have this pre-ordered...When did I post this?

XD

I look exactly like the detective guy.

This is only more of a reason for me to get this.

Thick necked bearded short haired badasses FTW.

[quote name='Strell']I look exactly like the detective guy.[/QUOTE]

The game looks like a fucking a-ha video.

Intriguing nonetheless; I'll wait for first impressions of it before buying it.

[quote name='mykevermin']The game looks like a fucking a-ha video.
[/QUOTE]

ARE YOU SUGGESTING IT WILL BREAK OUT INTO BAD 80s DANCE NUMBERS?

That just makes me want it more.

I think I saw the ad for this game in a couple of game mags, but didn't really pay attention to it. After seeing that trailer, I'm definitely interested now.

Sounds a bit interesting but I'm not quite sold on this yet. I'm gonna have to wait and see a few more videos that show a decent amount of gameplay. I will be keeping watch on this game though.

i heard nothing about this game, only until i saw a circular in a gamestop, it was in a tiny corner, but it still managed to grab me by the balls and say PLAY ME!!!
soo in for this one

[quote name='Kayden']It reminds me too much of Tom Goes to the Mayor.

Lose.[/QUOTE]

Oh shit, I read this before watching the trailer, and now there is no way in hell I can take the game seriously since all I think about now is Tom Goes to the Mayor :rofl:

I just started laughing as soon as I saw the guy.

I'll probably still buy the game and check it out, but wow, I just expected Tom Peters to bust out of nowhere.

[quote name='Roufuss']Oh shit, I read this before watching the trailer, and now there is no way in hell I can take the game seriously since all I think about now is Tom Goes to the Mayor :rofl:

I just started laughing as soon as I saw the guy.

I'll probably still buy the game and check it out, but wow, I just expected Tom Peters to bust out of nowhere.[/quote]

I'm glad I could ruin it for you. :lol:

I'll probably get this, but not for a while. It looks interesting, but with Phoenix Wright 2 coming out the week before it, and having limited funds, not for a while.

Dusk looks pretty cool. I may have to pick it up if it gets good reviews.
I hope this (along with Phoenix Wright) sell well, and we see more of these adventure style games come out on the DS. I've never played some of the Lucas Arts text adventure games (like Monkey Island) and I would love to pick them up on the DS.

Looks like a rental for me. I *LOVE* the graphics-absolutely gorgeous. But I *hated* Trace Memory (quit after a few hours), and pretty strongly dislike PC Style adventure games in general.

In fact I have zero interest in Phonex Wright 2. I enjoyed the original to a point (great characters and everything), but I had to force myself to get through it, and don't want any more. Just don't like the genre at all (with the exception of Riven, I guess). I've always preferred console style adventure games.

EDIT: I love that many developers just pump out great graphics on the DS (and GBA before it) not worrying that they're "not powerful", but just worring about making a great looking game. There were TONS of GBA games I thought looked better than games on the "big" systems, and they're pulling it off again on the DS. Nice to see.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Looks like a rental for me. I *LOVE* the graphics-absolutely gorgeous. But I *hated* Trace Memory (quit after a few hours), and pretty strongly dislike PC Style adventure games in general.

In fact I have zero interest in Phonex Wright 2. I enjoyed the original to a point (great characters and everything), but I had to force myself to get through it, and don't want any more. Just don't like the genre at all (with the exception of Riven, I guess). I've always preferred console style adventure games.

EDIT: I love that many developers just pump out great graphics on the DS (and GBA before it) not worrying that they're "not powerful", but just worring about making a great looking game. There were TONS of GBA games I thought looked better than games on the "big" systems, and they're pulling it off again on the DS. Nice to see.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but I discern no reason for this post to be here. The basic things you said are "I don't like this game, I didn't like the first game from the same devs, I don't like adventure games of this style, and the graphics suck."

So thank you for sharing.

[quote name='Strell']....

I'm sorry, but I discern no reason for this post to be here. The basic things you said are "I don't like this game, I didn't like the first game from the same devs, I don't like adventure games of this style, and the graphics suck."

So thank you for sharing.[/quote] Whats wrong with his post? He said he'd rent it because he like the graphics but was wary of the gameplay. At least he put forth a bit of an explanation as to why he was hesitant to own it. Its not like he said GAME R FAIL! Like someone would have said if it was a PS3 game.

I'm very interested in this game, but I will likely not buy it at launch and instead wait for a consensus. I'm sick of being burned by games that look good by buying them at launch instead of waiting for opinions (COUGHCONTACTCOUGH).

Also Kayden, WTF? I loved your old baby avatar. :cry: At least PM me the image so I can save it.

[quote name='Kayden']Whats wrong with his post? He said he'd rent it because he like the graphics but was wary of the gameplay. At least he put forth a bit of an explanation as to why he was hesitant to own it. Its not like he said GAME R FAIL! Like someone would have said if it was a PS3 game.[/QUOTE]

He said he doesn't like adventure games. It would be like me going into a thread about the newest basketball game and saying "Yeah I don't really like basketball games in general so I'm not interested in this."

Then why in the fuck would I go into to begin with? It's not like I didn't know what the thread was about...

[quote name='Strell']He said he doesn't like adventure games. It would be like me going into a thread about the newest basketball game and saying "Yeah I don't really like basketball games in general so I'm not interested in this."

Then why in the fuck would I go into to begin with? It's not like I didn't know what the thread was about...[/quote]

Is this thread titled "New Adventure Game!"? No. I had no idea what it was when I clicked the link. I didn't even know what forum it was in as I just went to it from "newest posts". I just wanted to see why I was an idiot for not getting it.

Game-Noir!

There needs to be more film-noir games.

The only ones I can think of are:

- Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
- L.A.-Noire (not even out yet)

This is a genre that needs to be tapped in. This and spaghetti western.

It should be in black and white, though. I've always thought that Max Payne 2 would have had a larger impact if it was presented in black and white...

[quote name='Strell']....

So thank you for sharing.[/quote]

I just thought of something else...

The entire point of that post was to say the other post had no point. Whats the point of a post that says another post has no point? Whats the point of this post if its just pointing out the lack of point to the post you posted about the shortage of point to the previous post as to the one you had commented on? Whats the point of posting this post without a point having already pointed out it serves no point but to point out the no having point of your previously posted pointless post?

137199788_fecbaa379a_m.jpg

[quote name='Kayden']
Whats the point of posting this post without a point having already pointed out it serves no point but to point out the no having point of your previously posted pointless post?
[/QUOTE]

The point of your no point having post is to point out that by having no point in response to a no point having post previously posted to point out another post that have no point posted earlier is simply to point out that most posts all point out nothing but points that have no point in the realm of point making, such that most posts not having points carry the point of having no point and are posted to ensure having no points to point out, which is what your no point having post did in regards to my no point having post which in itself was a response to another no point having post, thereby creating a discussion of whether or not posts can or can not have points in relation to each other's point-having or not-point-having, thus proving that posts, no matter how many points they make, ultimately make no points even in the pursuit of point-making posting.

Your head asplode x2

[quote name='Strell']The point of your no point having post is to point out that by having no point in response to a no point having post previously posted to point out another post that have no point posted earlier is simply to point out that most posts all point out nothing but points that have no point in the realm of point making, such that most posts not having points carry the point of having no point and are posted to ensure having no points to point out, which is what your no point having post did in regards to my no point having post which in itself was a response to another no point having post, thereby creating a discussion of whether or not posts can or can not have points in relation to each other's point-having or not-point-having, thus proving that posts, no matter how many points they make, ultimately make no points even in the pursuit of point-making posting.

Your head asplode x2[/quote]

Oh noez! Strell has RegalSinitis!!!11!!!1!1!

[quote name='mykevermin']This just in: EA acquires license to "Chinatown."[/QUOTE]
It's already bad enough that there was a film sequel...

Heads would fuckin' roll.

I'll give this thread a bit of a bump.

I'm also looking forward to this game as much as anyone else. But, as far as staying on track for the release date, doesn't it kinda worry anyone else that there hasn't been any coverage of this game since E3? I mean, I normally don't follow previews heavily, due to them being mostly marketing machines and providing little in the way of opinions, and due to wanting to keep the game's presentation as fresh as possible when I finally do play it. But still, don't companies normally put out at least a few things when coming closer to the release date, to indirectly indicate that they're on track?

[quote name='Warg']I'll give this thread a bit of a bump.

I'm also looking forward to this game as much as anyone else. But, as far as staying on track for the release date, doesn't it kinda worry anyone else that there hasn't been any coverage of this game since E3? I mean, I normally don't follow previews heavily, due to them being mostly marketing machines and providing little in the way of opinions, and due to wanting to keep the game's presentation as fresh as possible when I finally do play it. But still, don't companies normally put out at least a few things when coming closer to the release date, to indirectly indicate that they're on track?[/QUOTE]

Well Hotel Dusk seems to be a niche game without a niche following yet. If I remember correctly, Phoenix Wright 1 had little to no build up until the first game gained the cult following it now has.

Nintendo had a multi-page feature on Hotel Dusk in the last issue of Nintendo Power (w/ Wario on the cover). Sure, it's a Nintendo-published title, but Phoenix Wright didn't get any sort of coverage like that when it was coming out.

Nintendo kinda knows it's a niche market and probably won't spend hardly any money in pushing it outside of a few web site banner ads.

This feels like Drill Dozer all over again: great Nintendo game that got little hype or publicity, developed a cult following, but dropped in price quickly and off the charts. Hotel Dusk sound like it has the first two parts... Hopefully it follows suit with the third part (dropped in price quickly) so I can get it for cheap. I want this game (but am spending too much on other titles coming out that I want also).

Very unsure of if I want to pick this up at launch. It could be a Phoenix Wright style niche game that stays pricey for a long time, or a Trace Memory style one where it drops quick and hard.. FFVI advance comes not long after, so I might wait.

I'll probably pass as I'm not big on adventure games. Was chore to finish Phoenix Wright for me. Just too slow paced for my tastes.

I'm definitely excited for this game. I think I'm actually going to pass up Phoenix Wright 2 for this one. I have heard PW2 isn't as good as the first and that they didn't add on a DS-specific case like they did with the original PW (I'm sure everyone knows, but both games are GBA ports).

The Nintendo Power coverage of Hotel Dusk was very in-depth and has me really excited.

Oh, and EB and GS are adding their $5 DS premium to this game as well so get it at BB, Target, etc., for $30 instead. Don't support their inflated price bullshit.

bread's done
Back