Classic movie DVDs for $1 at Target

Quackzilla

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
At my Target they are on a shelf near the entrance.

There are many movies and a few TV shows, all in cheap packaging, and all $1.

It's a great deal, because a lot of those old movies are excellent (although you may want to pass on Popeye and Shirley Temple).

My Target used to have a ton of these, but starting last week they seemed to have all disappeared and were replaced with cheap $1.00 batteries and other "summer" things. I never really looked through them previously, and it looks like I won't get a chance to now anyway...

Yeah, they replaced the DVDs at the One Spots at the Targets near me with summer-related dollar items too. I did snag a copy of a DVD that had the movie His Girl Friday, a Betty Boop cartoon, and an episode of The Lucy Show (featuring Carol Burnett) on it on clearance for 50 cents though. Even at full price. these are good deals since you get a classic movie, a cartoon, and an episode of a TV show for a buck.

I don't know what it is about the plastic used to produce the cases for these cheap DVDs, but it smells God-awful. We get them traded to my store all the time, and everytime I get a whiff of that cheap plastic I think I'm gonna puke.

I know that smell lol. Every time we get a box of empty DVD cases for display boxes, coming soon, etc...no one ever wants to unpack them, because when you open up the package you get a huge wiff of "that smell"

[quote name='Scahom1']I know that smell lol. Every time we get a box of empty DVD cases for display boxes, coming soon, etc...no one ever wants to unpack them, because when you open up the package you get a huge wiff of "that smell"[/QUOTE]

You work at GameStop, right? The cases given to us by corporate office don't bother me at all. But the cases used for these ultra-cheap DVDs smell like death.

[quote name='Ledhed']I don't know what it is about the plastic used to produce the cases for these cheap DVDs, but it smells God-awful. We get them traded to my store all the time, and everytime I get a whiff of that cheap plastic I think I'm gonna puke.[/QUOTE]

People are trading those in? What kind of credit could they possibly get for them?

Haven't seen any of those dvds for the past couple months at any of my Targets. Even though I was tempted a couple of times to get some of them. There wasn't one that was a must buy for me.

[quote name='Trakan']People are trading those in? What kind of credit could they possibly get for them?[/QUOTE]

We have several catch-all SKUs that don't specify exactly what it is, therefore allowing us to accept pretty much anything. They only get a buck in credit per DVD, I don't see why they bother.

[quote name='Quackzilla'] It's a great deal, because a lot of those old movies are excellent (although you may want to pass on Popeye and Shirley Temple).[/QUOTE]
Don't you be knockin' Popeye now!

[quote name='Seaman9999']My Target used to have a ton of these, but starting last week they seemed to have all disappeared and were replaced with cheap $1.00 batteries and other "summer" things. I never really looked through them previously, and it looks like I won't get a chance to now anyway...[/QUOTE]

Everyone knows that crap goes apeshyte when they don't have batteries and lemonade in the warm summer sun.

I see them all the time at our local dollar store, "The Dollar Tree." Lot's of cool stuff, but a lot of crap to wade through, too.

bread's done
Back