ROTK XI and Samurai Warriors 2 Empires pre-order $39.99 Amazon.com

ps99472

CAGiversary!
For the diehard Koei fans who can't wait until they go on clearance at toysrus..

ROTK XI for PS2 $39.99
http://www.amazon.com/KOEI-Corp-Rom...id=1167841136/ref=sr_11_1/103-1199920-4258239

Samurai Warriors 2 Empires Xbox 360 $39.99
http://www.amazon.com/KOEI-Corp-Sam..._1_2/103-1199920-4258239?ie=UTF8&s=videogames

Samurai Warriors 2 Empires PS2 $29.99
http://www.amazon.com/KOEI-Corp-Sam..._1_1/103-1199920-4258239?ie=UTF8&s=videogames

Free super saver shipping or prime.. no tax for most...

Remember these are pre-orders. On the week of release they might be on sale but most stores don't carry Koei games (only Fry's and Toysrus around here.).

I hated Koei for releasing Dynasty Warriors & Samurai Warriors: Extreme Legends & Empire (expansion Pack for MSRP $30). i also had ROTK 7-10, its mean i should get ROTK XI.

Awesome. I didn't think they were bringing SW2:E to the US on the 360. I'm quite happy now. I detest the main games, but I love the empires versions.

I love Romance of the 3 Kingdoms 7, but disliked 8. I did not play the others at all.

SO I have a question. Has the battle system been changed at all? I did not mind it too much in RotTK 7, simple but effective.

Seems like the normal starting price to me.

Looked at some pics, looks pretty neat. Probably still gonna wait on this one for a deal though.

[quote name='mietha']Awesome. I didn't think they were bringing SW2:E to the US on the 360. I'm quite happy now. I detest the main games, but I love the empires versions.[/quote]

i second that. dw4 and dw5 i thought were bleh. but i loved dw5 empires. the empires ones are so different.

Damn, just bought Samurai Warriors 2 thinking Empires wouldn't show up domestically.

I'll pick it regardless since the Empires stuff is pretty addicting for me.

Did anyone else notice the list price for Empires on the 360? $70.88

The Romance series usually retails for $50, so there actually is a discount there.

Thanks OP, RotTK 11 pre-ordered!

[quote name='terribledeli']Damn, just bought Samurai Warriors 2 thinking Empires wouldn't show up domestically.

I'll pick it regardless since the Empires stuff is pretty addicting for me.

Did anyone else notice the list price for Empires on the 360? $70.88[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed that too. No idea what is up with that. Went ahead and preordered it, even if $40 ends up being MSRP (Like DW5:E). If it's as good as DW5:E, it will be well worth 40 bucks.

Edit: Did the same thing on SW2. The main game mostly sucks, but the board game is actually pretty cool.

Preview of ROTK from Gaming Age:

Rediscover an ancient civilization with an explosive history in this most stunning edition of Romance of the Three Kingdoms to date. Based on the 120 chapter novel that recounts the near collapse of China at the end of the Han Dynasty and the fateful events that followed during the 2nd and 3rd centuries A.D.

RTK XI presents the most visually captivating evolution ever seen in the history of the series. Featuring an artistic style evocative of classical Chinese ink- paintings, and with debates and duels now rendered in real-time 3D animation, RTK XI pushes the boundaries and blurs the line between video games and art in this stunning recreation of the mood and feel of ancient China.
Players will need to dig deep within to prove themselves adept at both the military and political arts in order to bring China under one rule. Domestic affairs, diplomacy and warfare are all conducted on a single vast 3D relief map, dramatically bringing to life the epic scale of the adventure that lies before them.

As the ruler of a kingdom, each player will have complete control over their territories. More than 40 base commands give players the power to govern cities, manage their personnel, practice diplomacy, and much more. Complete freedom to develop markets, shipyards, outposts, forts and military units expand on the already substantial benchmarks established by previous editions of the series. Finally, players will watch the era come to life through the unique individual personalities of the more than 780 officers and supporting characters that they will meet and interact with while engaged in one of RTK XI’s ten gripping scenarios.

For improved control over each military campaign, RTK XI’s turn-based game play allows the player to plan their movements without undue time constraints, and then execute their battle tactics when ready. RTK XI also introduces an entirely new system for researching military techniques, as well as an Advanced Tactics System that allows players to drive or lure enemies into devastating ambushes. Skilled players will be able to link together tactics for maximum damage.

Key product features include:

Vivid 3D scenes inspired by classical Chinese ink paintings
10 scenarios, plus 10 preset scenarios and 8 special challenges
Newly-revamped debate system
100 officer skills from which to choose, including “Divine Fire” and “Entrap”
Create-an-officer mode with 24 customizable unique character attributes
For the first time, English and Chinese Voice Options
Step-by-step tutorials for beginners
Stirring original score composed by Yoshihiro Ike

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I own ROTK VII, VIII, IX, and X.... and have yet to play a single one of them ;) Any fan suggestions as to which one is best?[/QUOTE]

Ha. Me too. They're all still shrinkwrapped yet I pre-ordered the newest.

My fond memories of IV on PS1 still drives me to purchase the newest installment just in case I'll get around to playing it.

I still have yet to finish ROTK 10 being a fan of the DW series I'll pick this game up some time later when there's a sale...

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I own ROTK VII, VIII, IX, and X.... and have yet to play a single one of them ;) Any fan suggestions as to which one is best?[/quote]
VII and X are my favorites on the PS2.

[quote name='Hereticked']The Romance series usually retails for $50, so there actually is a discount there.

Thanks OP, RotTK 11 pre-ordered![/QUOTE]

This one looks like it'll retail for only $40 since Buy also has it at that price (but no free shipping). Maybe PS2 licensing fees have gone down?

RTKXI is back to the ruler-style approach, so anybody expecting something that resembles RTKX should be aware before getting the game.

bread's done
Back