Mad Catz RetroCon Controller $4.24 at Best Buy

I've seen them at my BB, but I have no need of a PS2 retro controller. One for GCN might be nice to use with the GB Player.

These are nice for the price.. the analog sticks are a little flimsy for games like Madden where you use the "hit stick" but it's fine for most games.

I'm loving the illumination lights on the controller.

This is a great controller, I use mine all the time. Not so good for FPSs though. Everything else I've played it works excellent though.

If shipping wasn't so high, I'd buy another one. Ah well. :\

About the only time I use mine if when playing RPG's. There are no problems with the controls or anything like that, in fact they are quite responsive. It just happens that I have large hands and the smaller controllers make it very difficult for me to make exact movements. But ooooo .. the lights are pretty heh.

great controller. I found it hard to use for games that require heavy use of shoulder buttons. I can never get used to the different placement of it. But for simpler games it is great.

[quote name='Alien Spider']If shipping wasn't so high, I'd buy another one. Ah well. :\[/QUOTE]
Yea, the shipping is killing this deal. I would buy 2 or 3 if the shipping wasn't so high.

I just bought one for $4.99 at Best Buy B&M, and oh my god, this is the coolest 3rd-party, and maybe even overall controller on this generation of systems, hands-down. The sticks are nice, responsive, fell sturdy, and are very precise. I also rather like the way the triggers are set up. And the d-pad, of course, is quite nice.

The whole thing is very, very comfortable and easy to hold. The rubber backing is particularly nice.

But nothing could have prepared me for what happened when I first plugged it into my PS1 (to enjoy some Wipeout 3): the d-pad and face buttons LIGHT UP. Bad ass. I had no idea they were lit, either...it's not really blatantly advertised in big letters or anything. But it looks so cool.

I've only had it for a few hours, and already, this is one of my favorite controllers. I intend to go back and get two or three more. Great deal.

I just got two of these (got them when CoffeeEdge got his).. quite awesome.

The only thing I've found about them that could be a problem (don't know if this applies to everyone or just some) is that for games that use the shoulder buttons a lot, it can make your index fingers hurt a little. Of couse, I have pretty long fingers, so it could just be because of that.

Other than that they're really nice.

[quote name='VGI-Shinobi']Yea, the shipping is killing this deal. I would buy 2 or 3 if the shipping wasn't so high.[/QUOTE]

Just do in-store pickup, that's what I did.

bread's done
Back