The Legend of Zelda: Parallel Worlds (SNES) - Hacked version

62t

CAGiversary!
Feedback
76 (100%)
From gbatemp again
A hacked version is out which was in the works for 3 years. Uou will need the verified US rom from GoodSNES (Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past (U) [!])

Quote ReadMe:
* Are you ready for a brand new adventure?
* Are you ready to play a whole new zelda 3 game, with completely new
dungeons and overworlds?
* Are you ready to find the secrets of the Parallel Worlds?

Parallel Worlds is a fully hacked version of Zelda 3 (aka A Link to the Past).
A majority of the game has been changed. There may be a few rooms which can be
said to be similar to some from the original game.

General changes involve:

* Brand new Overworlds, I promise you won't find an area which is unchanged!
* Brand new Dungeons, all dungeons are completely different from the original!
* New house indoors and caves, some of these you may find similar to the
original game.
* New Graphics, a lot of the graphics have been changed.
* New Screen layout, similar to Ocarina of Time yet not exactly the same.
* Some new music, the original game had great music, these are not to be
changed
* New Story, while some maybe similar to the original game, but
it's intentional.
* A lot of other changes, and surprises!

This is a result of 4 years (maybe 5) of "behind the scenes" hard work, lots
of assembly hacks and fixes etc. This game was known as Tower of the Triforce
which some people may remember, when I released a demo from that game a few
years ago. When SePH joined the team a majority of the things from that hack
was taken over into this hack, so spiritually it's still the Tower of the
Triforce (to me that is).

This game is difficult. Believe me when I say it is. You'll need to have every
trick from the original game memorized plus more to beat this.

http://zeldaparallelworlds.googlepages.com/

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/snes/patches/lozpw100.zip

So can you just download the ROM somewhere or do you actually have to manually patch "Zelda A Link to the Past (U)" like it says on their site? I want to play this on my PSP...

Ugh, the Guardhouse is ungodly cheap and annoying. I did enjoy going through all the rooms with no sword, in a Metal Gear sense, but not for too long.

I've been doing some reading, and if you miss out on the boomerang you can't get it until way later. The game does get alot better after the Guardhouse, stick with it.

Though, the first "dungeon" was a joke. Remember the Armos knights? There's a nice safe spot in the lower right closest to the door, and they take FOREVER to kill. >_

I love this game so far. I feel like i'm 8 or 9 playing this on a Saturday morning after watching cartoons and everything. If only I could find someone to put this on an actual cart, i'd be set, but for now, my Nyko Air Flo controller will have to do.

I'm at the guardhouse now.. it's not that challenging. I love it so far.

[quote name='javeryh']So can you just download the ROM somewhere or do you actually have to manually patch "Zelda A Link to the Past (U)" like it says on their site? I want to play this on my PSP...[/quote]

You have to patch it with an IPS patching program.

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']You have to patch it with an IPS patching program.[/quote]
"An IPS patching program"? It's an IPS file, you double click it, then it tells you to find the rom, then you hit "open" and it'll say patching complete.. that's all there is to it.

javeryh - after you do the step above, the rom will then be Zelda: Parallel Worlds, and all you have to do at that point is move it over [to the PSP] like you would any other rom.

my game is really dark... you can only see the roof and tree tops. i can see the characters too. can anyone help... after patching it, i lost my link to the past... i am sad now. i have neiter now... HELP!!!

[quote name='bigdollarbanks']my game is really dark... you can only see the roof and tree tops. i can see the characters too. can anyone help... after patching it, i lost my link to the past... i am sad now. i have neiter now... HELP!!![/quote]

They were expecting it to be ported to the original GBA... :lol:

[quote name='bigdollarbanks']my game is really dark... you can only see the roof and tree tops. i can see the characters too. can anyone help... after patching it, i lost my link to the past... i am sad now. i have neiter now... HELP!!![/QUOTE]

The game is really, REALLY dark until you get the Lamp. Then again, it's nighttime and raining so that doesn't help either.

In my game, I've finished the "second" dungeon, but don't really have a clue about where to go next. Help? :D

This won't worth with the GBA version, right? I was hoping to dump this on my flashcart and play it on my DS....damn. I guess it would work with the Xbox though....hmmmm.....

[quote name='gizmogc']This won't worth with the GBA version, right? I was hoping to dump this on my flashcart and play it on my DS....damn. I guess it would work with the Xbox though....hmmmm.....[/quote]

If you can run SNES games on your DS (and if you can, PLEASE point me in the right direction), it shouldn't be a problem. It runs like any other SNES rom.

[quote name='Scorch']If you can run SNES games on your DS (and if you can, PLEASE point me in the right direction), it shouldn't be a problem. It runs like any other SNES rom.[/QUOTE]

You CAN run SNES games on the DS...but its pretty bad. The PSP may work, but even then its not all that great. My only option is dumping it on the X-Box.

What is a header? I've tryed to look it up and I patched my version of Link to the Past and I only get a black screen when trying to play it on Xbox.

EDIT: I figured it out. Thanks!

bread's done
Back