Gallery Addition is now LIVE!

defender

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
So I guess the cat is out of the bag. Last night some users found our gallery and this morning CheapyD put it on the front page. The Gallery/Albums is CAG's latest upgrade and CheapyD and I felt it was a great add on for the community.

Currently there are 5 CAG albums and users also each get a personal album. If you view a users profile you will see a link to the gallery. Also in the forum nav section above you should see a link called "GALLERY" between statistics and memberlist.

The personal Galleries allow up to 128k for each image with a 800x600 size limitation. Each personal gallery will also allow up to 10 images (which could change). You can use these for whatever purpose you need but please be aware that if we see abuse we will take measures to correct problems. Abuse would include uploading adult material or copyrighted images. Auction use would be fine. We encourage users to post their game collections, family photos, best game finds, and self-portraits.

Users can also make comment in the galleries.

Umm..any questions? Feel free to ask and post any comments or suggestions here.

BTW-more cool stuff is on the way.

So we can now store images on this site?

Awesome!

Keep up the good work!

EDIT: How do we get to our personal gallery? I can't find anything in my profile.

Okay,

1. We should have a more direct way of getting to our personal gallery - like a direct link from our profile.

2. Can other people view our personal gallery?

[quote name='Scrubking']Okay,

1. We should have a more direct way of getting to our personal gallery - like a direct link from our profile.

2. Can other people view our personal gallery?[/quote]

1) If they hit
icon_profile.gif
that appears at the bottom of your posts, they will see a link that reads
Personal Gallery of Scrubking

2) In the bottom of the main Gallery index, there is a link to Users Personal Galleries and Your Personal Gallery.
Its a bit hard to see with its grey color...we'll work on that.

When I click the profile button on the top it isn't in the profile that we ususally go to when we want to edit something.

Which is the profile that we usually go to when we think of our own profile - you know the one where we edit stuff.

Its not in EDIT PROFILE...its just in VIEW PROFILE for each user.

Also I agree that it should be easier to see for users so I am gonna discuss with CheapyD about adding a link for a users personal gallery on each post next to the PROFILE PM and EMAIL bar.

I just installed the mod as is but I can and will make it better to suit our needs. I also want the comments to be shown with the large image instead of having to click comments and getting them on a seperate page.

All in due time.

Neeto. Only suggestion I really have is a button at the bottom with Profile/PM/Whatever that has the "Personal Gallery" option if they have anything there.

muahaha... i voted not a big deal (not the first one) but i just figured i'd piss someone off

...just kidding, its absolutely fat-tacular

[quote name='CheapyD']I'm looking for ideas for a contest that can make use of the new gallery.

Any ideas?[/quote]

coolest game room/setup type of thing

[quote name='CheapyD']I'm looking for ideas for a contest that can make use of the new gallery.

Any ideas?[/quote]

Perhaps a comparison on how much $$$ you were able to save by using this site compared to retail prices. Whoever has the most percentage of money saved would be the ultimate cheapass :?:

This is an AWESOME feature... I don't know why we possibly need it for anything except MAYBE putting on a post or something... but, I like it anyway... THANKS CHEAPY!

I posted my license plate and frame, once I get a camera (yes I don't have a camera yet, scanned the actual plate and frame) I will take a pic of it on my car. Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

I added a gallery button (created by OKB) which will appear underneath all users posts.
This button will lead to that user's personal gallery

bread's done
Back