Gamestop warranty question

PanzerNinja

CAGiversary!
My wife's friend has an interesting problem. They got a 360 about 6 months ago and it recently died. They bought the protection plan but when they went to return it, the clerk said that the warranty was applied to an extra controller they bought, not the console. So they've talked to everyone with no real help. The district manager offered 25% off a new console. Any ideas?

Doesn't the warranty cost $40? That's what a controlller costs. No one in their right mind would "warranty" their purchase by doubling its price. They either lied to you then about what the warranty was for, or are lying to you now. If the DM won't help, file a complaint with the BBB.

At least the 360 is still covered through MS so you only need to fight to get your money back for the warranty and not have to worry about getting the unit replaced.

I wouldnt even think they'd offer a protection plan on a freaking controller, they have to be screwing you guys over pretty damn hard.

Can always try calling there home office or whatever, I hear they deal with problems fast if its pretty clear on your receipt you have it for the system.

[quote name='Damian']Doesn't the warranty cost $40? That's what a controlller costs. No one in their right mind would "warranty" their purchase by doubling its price. They either lied to you then about what the warranty was for, or are lying to you now. If the DM won't help, file a complaint with the BBB.

At least the 360 is still covered through MS so you only need to fight to get your money back for the warranty and not have to worry about getting the unit replaced.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the reply. I told her friend about the warranty being extended but they swear that Xbox support said that it would cost $125 for the repair.

Just check the receipt. If the warrenty is $40-50 then it's the console. There's no arguing that. If for some odd reason that price is on there and the manager refuses to exchange it, contact corporate.

If the warranty is the higher amount, and Gamestop still gives your friends a hard time, then tell them to contact the Better Business Bureau. Companies don't like to hear from them.

Another question--what does the reciept actually say? Just curious, as anyone who knows what the hell they're actually doing should be able to figure out if it's the warranty for the 360 console.

I'm thinking, if ANYTHING, a cashier screwed up somehow and overpriced a GPG... but that's really reaching here. I'm baffled.

If there's any more trouble, ask for the DM's number.

Thanks for all the advice. GS around here have been going down hill ever since the merger. I'll update as the details filter down to me.

Every Gamestop/EB Games I've been to has been very understanding with my 360 problems ever since purchasing it right before the new year. Try going to a different one in the area and explaining your situation to them.

Give us a scan of the receipt, and we'll let you know. Most of us here know more about the ins and outs of GameStop than their employees even do.

Black out the important stuff, i.e. credit card number, etc.

[quote name='PanzerNinja']My wife's friend has an interesting problem. They got a 360 about 6 months ago and it recently died.[/quote]

Return it to MS for a repair, it's still under warranty....

(MS extended warranties to 1 yr like 2 weeks ago)

bread's done
Back