Microsoft now regards Wii as #1 Competitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality's Fringe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
The Nintendo Wii's tremendous commercial success all around the world is having an impact on competing manufacturers who previously viewed the system as an outlying oddity aimed at a seperate market. In the past, both Sony and Microsoft have dismissed head-to-head competition with Nintendo, even going so far as to endorse the Wii as an incidental ally in their graphically superior grudge match.

In a brief clip on a Japanese news station , Bill Gates notes surprise at the Wii's success and labels Nintendo as Microsoft's "toughest competition" in the gaming arena. Of course, the statement doubles as a jab at Sony, now relegated to third place on the the Xbox 360 threat scale.

According to Japanese sales charts, the coveted second place is still securely held by a largely shrugging Japanese populace.

[Media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkEbkbTTNss[/media]

Quite a big changeup from a year ago when it was all "Ps3 VS Xbox cuz Gheytendo is crazy". I'll agree once the Wii picks up more 3rd parties (which it should, unless companies hate making money). Then again, this situation is a bit odd since in Japan even the Gizmondo is outselling the 360. /joke

I think it's even funnier because no more than 2 weeks ago Microsoft was questioning the Wii's gameplay, and writing it off as gimmicky. Personally, I think Nintendo deserve to win this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back