what 360 games allow you to bring a guest online?

If I recall correctly you could bring a guest on PDZ.

PDZ may not have been a great game, but it did have awesome features for a launch game.

2 player coop online/offline
4 modes of Deathmatch online/offline
4 modes of Dark ops online/offline
Allowed to play with a guest online
Bots
Story mode

[quote name='Morpheus']If I recall correctly you could bring a guest on PDZ.

PDZ may not have been a great game, but it did have awesome features for a launch game.

2 player coop online/offline
4 modes of Deathmatch online/offline
4 modes of Dark ops online/offline
Allowed to play with a guest online
Bots
Story mode[/QUOTE]
Yup PDZ let you bring guests.Thats a awesome game also.

When you guys mean guests do you mean one person with a gold profile and the other(s) with silver (a la Halo 2) or do you mean that the guest needs gold too? I am pretty sure both accounts need to be gold for GOW...

[quote name='kromekoran']Gears of War (player matches) is all I know of first hand.[/QUOTE]
No.

GoW doesn't allow Guests. Guests are like Halo 2 and Ghost Recon 2 style.

In GoW both players need to have Gold Accounts.

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']When you guys mean guests do you mean one person with a gold profile and the other(s) with silver (a la Halo 2) or do you mean that the guest needs gold too? I am pretty sure both accounts need to be gold for GOW...[/QUOTE]

You're wrong too. Halo 2 didn't use silver accounts. In Halo 2 both players would play under the same account, but one would just have a number tacked on the end of his name, and a "guest" logo.

I think PDZ had guests.

It looks like Microsoft's website contradicts my information.

GUESTS on 360

[quote name='MS']Guests with Xbox 360

The guest feature for Xbox Live® lets your buddy join in the Xbox Live multiplayer action on your console before he or she becomes an Xbox Live member. All you need is an extra Xbox 360 controller, either wired or wireless.

Two people can play side-by-side on Xbox Live from a single console when a game supports the following:

Xbox Live play
Multiplayer gaming
Split-screen display

When you fire up a game, select your gamertag to register yourself and have your friend select Guest.

You, of course, have to be a member of Xbox Live.[/quote]

Hmmmm... very weird. I will have to try this out.

Wow. I didn't know this.

http://www.awadallah.com/blog/2006/12/24/how-to-add-an-xbox-live-guest-for-gears-of-war/

Below are the exact steps you need to do to get a guest signed in:

Make sure the second controller is turned on and is not signed in to xbox live.
From the main menu select VERSUS then select XBOX LIVE PLAYER MATCH
At the bottom of the VERSUS PLAYER MATCH screen you should see this “Y Guest SIGN-IN”
On the second controller press Y then select “Guest Xbox Live” from the list that drops down.
That’s it, you are now ready to play with your guest

According to MS, ANY game that supports Split-Screen and Multiplayer has this feature. Apparently it's just kind of hidden.

[quote name='Santurio']I don't think they need a gold account just a different profile on your console. I could be wrong though.[/QUOTE]
You are wrong.

The guest doesn't play on his profile, he plays under YOUR profile.

You have to make sure he's not signed in to his profile, or this won't work.

If GoW is online with two player as a guest then it's confusing as hell. I don't think it is through. We tried to have me sign in as a guest under his name (Like CoD3), but it didn't work.

The whole layout of NFS:Carbon is confusing as hell I don't know if that does.

And PD0 might be, we haven't really tried it. If it doesn't get started in like 3 minutes we just go to CoD3 and kick ass in there. Would anyone be playing PD0 anymore anyways? And when are the rest of the new maps for CoD3 coming out?!

yes you can do it on GoW. i just did it on online multiplayer Vs. you jusy sign on with your account. then the 2nd controller creates a profile (player 1) right after. they are signed on as the guest. my cousin and I even played on different teams or on the same team, both work. it was alittle confusing since it was split screen, but you are able to play 2 players at the same time using the same account

[quote name='rly723']yes you can do it on GoW. i just did it on online multiplayer Vs. you jusy sign on with your account. then the 2nd controller creates a profile (player 1) right after. they are signed on as the guest. my cousin and I even played on different teams or on the same team, both work. it was alittle confusing since it was split screen, but you are able to play 2 players at the same time using the same account[/QUOTE]

We tried that and it didn't work. ANytime we tried to sign me in it would sign him out. Then he would sign in and it would me out. We then just went "fuck it!" because we knew it wasn't very good anyways and played co-op and then CoD.

cool, i got cod3 and gears. wish more games would support this.

According to MS, ANY game that supports Split-Screen and Multiplayer has this feature. Apparently it's just kind of hidden.
we should try this out and make a list. I quickly tried r6 vegas and didnt see that option.

bread's done
Back