Dud of Duds, Kerry Sports Gun He'd Ban and Practices Unsafe Shooting

PittsburghAfterDark

CAGiversary!
You know, sometimes I really wonder who the hell this guy has running his campaign. I really do.

r2995855762.jpg

Here Lurch shows off his new gun. Received from the United Mine Workers Union in West Virginia (Who incidently represent workers in the Ilion, IL factory that manufacturers the Remington model 11-87 .)

Now here's the kicker. John Kerry is a co-sponsor of S.1431 sponsored by Frank Lautenberg-D NJ and co-sponsored with 13 other Democratic Senators. What is S.1431? The attempt to renew the assault weapons ban which will not pass in an election year. Why would this shotgun be illegal?

It's a semi-automatic shotgun with a "pistol grip" so.... John Kerry accepted a gift of a weapon he wishes to ban. Opponents of the bill successfully argued how nearly all guns have pistol grips including millions of Browning auto five shotguns produced since 1903. Photos show Kerry's hand resting on the pistol grip as loosely defined in the bill. The term 'pistol grip' means a grip, a thumb-hold stock or any other characteristic that can function as a grip. (That's from the bill.)

Kerry's gun bill would have also banned any gift transaction. He would not have been allowed to accept the gift of the gun had his legislation passed. It's not clear if Kerry completed the required paperwork, Form 4473 before he claimed the gun. Hmmmm, wanna place a bet he never did?

Last but not least. If the Honorable Senator Kerry wishes to be a role model for American children and hunters? He should try using eye and ear protection instead of hot dogging it. Hey, I don't give a rats ass if he goes deaf or gets stray birdshot in his eyes but you know what? Kids and people see celebrities and blindly imitate them.
[
dukakiskerry.gif

KerryShooting.jpg

This is the original.
john_kerry_half_cocked.jpg

I like this one much better.

So you are going to pick at every little detail?

How about Bush being cutting funding for NYPD while opposing an assault weapons ban?

He is trying to put AK47s in the hands of gang members.

[quote name='Quackzilla']
He is trying to put AK47s in the hands of gang members.[/quote]

I've got news for you, gang memebers and criminals usually don't follow the law, they'll get assault weapons whether they're banned or not. The issue everyone should be concearned with is how easily they can get them (via gun running, black market, etc.), not whether or not they will get them at all.

But making them legal makes it a lot EASIER for them to get the guns. They can ick them up at a gun show, or at the corner pawn shop (many pawn shops sell new guns, from revolvers to uzis).

You can still buy an AK-47 legally at a gun show or pawn shop. The only thing the 1994 ban on assault weapons did was prevent further importation of certian FOREIGN assault weapons. For example the Uzi, Galil, Heckler & Koch models, AK-47 and roughly 15 other types.

The falacy of this bill is that there were already millions of these weapons in the U.S. in 1994 and can still be legally held in private hands, can be sold, resold and without any kind of background check.

Now, if the guns were domestic like the MAC-10 and the multiple versions of the AR/CAR-15, Mini-14's and their variants they were all deemed legal. So while it was ILLEGAL to import a $200 AK-47 it was perfectly legal to go buy an American made AR-15 (Civillian M-16.) from Colt for $600.

These guns were never stopped from being sold in the US. The only thing that this bill did was increase prices. I can still go get a perfectly legal AK-47 or Uzi at roughly 5 places within a half hour of my home.

The 1994 law was a joke.

Jesus, PAD, I've warned you not to run this Drudge tripe here without checking it out.

Look at that gun. It has a standard shotgun stock. NOT a pistol grip. All you have to do is look at all the photos that you yourself posted to see that Kerry's bill had NOTHING to do with the gun he brandished.

I thought you were a military man. Are you just playing dumb, or are you really that stupid?

Not only that, but in the bottom picture making fun of Kerry, he is not holding an automatic shotgun.

Thats a regular shotgun, double barrel, it breaks and you put a shell in each barrel.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']It's a semi-automatic shotgun with a "pistol grip" so.... John Kerry accepted a gift of a weapon he wishes to ban.[/quote]

No, it's not.

I think PAD's credibility has hit a new low on this one.

The sad part is, he doesn't seem to realize how much a fool he looks when he buys the right-wing line without question, then comes here to spew nonsense.

Either that, or he doesn't care -- he'll just throw as much mud as possible, no matter how distorted and erroneous, hoping just a tad will stick. Much like the Bush campaign.

This, of course, was the same guy who a month ago was griping that the issues were being ignored in favor of all the Vietnam nonsense. I think this latest post proved his utter disengenuousness.

[quote name='BigNick']Kerry is such a loser.[/quote]

You mean, based on this completely incorrect post that can be judged false just by looking at the damned photos? Do you swill down everything the RNC, Fox and Drudge present you, no matter how rotten?

[quote name='Quackzilla']So you are going to pick at every little detail?

How about Bush being cutting funding for NYPD while opposing an assault weapons ban?

He is trying to put AK47s in the hands of gang members.[/quote]

Bush controlls the NYC budget?

This is news to me as a taxpayer who lives in Manhattan.

Actually, I am trying to put AK47s in the hands of gang members, not Bush.

CTL

[quote name='CTLesq']Bush controlls the NYC budget?

This is news to me as a taxpayer who lives in Manhattan.
[/quote]

"After September 11, President Bush pledged to do everything necessary to keep New York City safe.  But according to a study compiled by Weiner’s office, the City is actually receiving less funding for law enforcement and public safety now than before 9/11—and that includes homeland security funding created after 9/11."

http://www.house.gov/apps/list/press/ny09_weiner/042407gopconventionprimer.html

[quote name='E-Z-B']Hey, PAD. Where'd ya go on this one? I wanted to see your response to dennis_t's posts.[/quote]

DrudgeBot says

ERROR
DOES NOT COMPUTE
WHY DO YOU HATE AMERICA SO MUCH?

bread's done
Back