CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-b8-49-en-70-15w3.html

IGN REVIEW
[quote name='IGN']
Overall, Datel's WiFi MAX succeeds in its mission of providing plug-and-play WiFi for PSP and DS fans that don't want to hassle with a dedicated router. The only real downside is the fact that with an MSRP of $40 it must compete directly with true WiFi routers that can be found with a little searching for the same price, though the inclusion of Datel's media manager software and simple server setup mitigate this fact. In the end, if you value simplicity and ease of setup and want to start rocking the PSP and DS online, it would be hard to go wrong with the WiFi MAX.
IGN's Ratings for Datel WiFi MAX
[/quote]

Is this just as easy to set up as the official Nintendo one? If so, I'm interested.

And does it work with Wii as well?

[quote name='RudyPants']It looks like it works with DS, PSP and even laptops. Seems like it would work with 360 and Wii too.[/QUOTE]

360 has wireless? Or are you talking about an add-on

[quote name='suko_32']360 has wireless? Or are you talking about an add-on[/QUOTE]

You have to buy something separate to get your 360 wireless.

i know it's cheaper, but if it isn't compatible with the nintendo wifi software tool, I would pass. My reasoning is two fold:

1. The nintendo one is mad easy to set up. Once it is plugged in and the software installed, you just tell your DS or Wii to find the usb connector and it is ready to go. For someone not technical, it might be a pain to configure a router.

2. I am behind a major pain in the ass firewall at school. Configuring the wireless requires installing certificates, etc. and you can't do that on a DS or Wii. Now it turns out that specific ports for the nintendo wifi are blocked here, but my wii can get on the internet without any problems.

FSUddin

This is a great deal for anyone into Monster Hunter Freedom.

There is a community of gamers on the Capcom boards that all play MHF online on their PSP's using the WiFi Max and XLink Kai. The kicker is that everyone in the community playing using the WiFi Max cannot play with others that are connected using a wireless router.

More information can be found here: http://www.capcom.com/BBS/showthread.php?t=8199

Bah, got this for $40 when it was harder to find. I can confirm that it works great with Wii and Laptops though, and really not at all difficult to set up.

[quote name='Joe Fongul']This is a great deal for anyone into Monster Hunter Freedom.

There is a community of gamers on the Capcom boards that all play MHF online on their PSP's using the WiFi Max and XLink Kai. The kicker is that everyone in the community playing using the WiFi Max cannot play with others that are connected using a wireless router.

More information can be found here: http://www.capcom.com/BBS/showthread.php?t=8199[/quote]
Joe, does this really work with xlink Kai 100% for sure??

I was thinking about buying this product to use that..
I have the Kai software installed and created a xlink account and everything but my PSP isn't recognized with it.
I currently have a wireless router (which my PSP connects to get online), but my PC is hooked up via LAN cable. The diagrams/setup seems kinda confusing, and I was checkigng out some of the threads on the forum there. I just wanna make sure it works before I spend $25 on it when I don't need to. :)

EDIT: I just noticed the link that CheapyD posted goes to the DS version, but the PSP version is $34.90 http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bh-77-1-49-en-15-wifi%2Bmax-70-15w4.html

Too bad for me, I don't have a DS, only PSP. Rudypants, where did you see that ithe DS version works with the PSP? If that's the case why would they make two different versions??

If this works well with Wii and the DS, as it apparently does, I'd say it's better than the Nintendo offering. My Wii wouldn't connect with my existing computer-to-computer ad-hoc set-up (although it detected it without issue; my 360 connects with no problems), so I bought the Nintendo WiFi without checking to see if it would work with other devices (which it of course does not). If you're in a similar position, this seems a much superior option (now I basically have to connect to the ad-hoc with my laptop and connect the Wifi through it).

So, just to confirm.. The DS version that's on sale works with the PSP as well? I want to make sure before I purchase since I don't have a DS.

Thanks

does anyone know if this will work with a mac or not?

i had the nintendo one and it didn't work, even though someone told me after i sold it there was a really complicated way i could do it.

mac users get no love. :(

Finally got mine in today (the DS version).. I hope this works with the PSP and xlink Kai since I don't have a DS.

Wish me liuck..

bread's done
Back