PS2 debugging station?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dranakin

Member since Oct. 2003
Feedback
2 (100%)
X-posted at GameFAQs here (http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=915821&topic=33090341)

I just exchanged my PS2 at GS through my warranty because it had DREs. I just home with my new (refurbished) one, and it doesn't even have DVD drivers in it. I flipped it over and it says it's a debugging station. Does anyone know what they are? Are they somehow more valuable/rare? Is it worth it to just buy a cheap DVD player and keep the debugging station?

Forgot to add that it's a DTL-H70011S model. Also, the memory card and controller ports are switched.

Thanks. Yeah, saw the same threads, but they don't really explain much. And no, mine is a different model so it doesn't say TEST. I'm just wondering if it's worth to keep. Does anyone know if the hardware is just as reliable?

Ha, was Googling "debugging station" and my own thread was the first search result. I guess I'm going to trade it into GS tomorrow for the $10 promotion. Looks like there isn't any particular demand for this model.

Yeah, I actually couldn't even trade it in since the GS couldn't accept the bar code scan (because they don't have a debugging station in their system). Guess I will try eBay someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back