Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space OTTyssey

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dick Tracy

2001.jpg

"Just what do you think you're doing, Dave?"

I'm think I have to make a doctor appointment to see if I have a concussion or not. My head still fucking hurts, I feel fatigued and overly tired.

I didn't think I hit my head that hard, initially. But I must have, because I don't even remember when / where I did it -- I know I did it on my car, though. Right on my fuckin' temple.

[quote name='Brak']I'm think I have to make a doctor appointment to see if I have a concussion or not. My head still fucking hurts, I feel fatigued and overly tired.

I didn't think I hit my head that hard, initially. But I must have, because I don't even remember when / where I did it -- I know I did it on my car, though. Right on my fuckin' temple.[/quote]

if you have a mild concussion, there's nothing they'll do for you. basically tell you to take some tylenol and put some ice on it.

From WebMD:

How is it treated?
Initial treatment for a concussion is to watch a person closely for any changes in behavior or for any new symptoms. Some people have to stay in the hospital to be watched while others can go home safely.
If you have any swelling, your doctor may recommend using cold packs to reduce the swelling. He or she may also prescribe a pain medicine or recommend a pain medicine that you can buy without a prescription such as acetaminophen (for example, Tylenol) or ibuprofen (for example, Advil or Motrin).
At home, rest is the best way to recover from a concussion. Get plenty of sleep at night and take it easy during the day. To prevent a second brain injury, avoid alcohol, illegal drugs, and any activities that could lead to another head injury for a few days or even a few weeks. Your doctor may also tell you not to drive or swim for a while.
Some people feel normal again in a few hours while others have symptoms for weeks or months. It is very important to allow yourself time to get better and to slowly return to your regular activities. It is also important to call your doctor if you are not improving as expected or if you think that you are getting worse instead of better.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']if you have a mild concussion, there's nothing they'll do for you. basically tell you to take some tylenol and put some ice on it.

From WebMD:

How is it treated?
Initial treatment for a concussion is to watch a person closely for any changes in behavior or for any new symptoms. Some people have to stay in the hospital to be watched while others can go home safely.
If you have any swelling, your doctor may recommend using cold packs to reduce the swelling. He or she may also prescribe a pain medicine or recommend a pain medicine that you can buy without a prescription such as acetaminophen (for example, Tylenol) or ibuprofen (for example, Advil or Motrin).
At home, rest is the best way to recover from a concussion. Get plenty of sleep at night and take it easy during the day. To prevent a second brain injury, avoid alcohol, illegal drugs, and any activities that could lead to another head injury for a few days or even a few weeks. Your doctor may also tell you not to drive or swim for a while.
Some people feel normal again in a few hours while others have symptoms for weeks or months. It is very important to allow yourself time to get better and to slowly return to your regular activities. It is also important to call your doctor if you are not improving as expected or if you think that you are getting worse instead of better.[/QUOTE]
Makes sense.

I just need to verify, I guess. I'll give it a couple of more days, and if the pulsating headaches and bouts of confusion don't fade away, I'll talk to my doctor.

The confusion thing is getting to me the most. I've been forgetting really weird shit, and forgetting things that I just saw / read / heard, etc.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Goddamnit, I'm already getting nervous about graduation in May.[/QUOTE]

Why?

I am taking my test tomorrow ($40 down the tubes) to get my 1 credit for computer literacy... such fun topics as "how to use a chat room" and "how to save files".

Everything else checks out, counselor went over all of it today for me. I take the test tomorrow, pass it, register to graduate on Monday, start looking at new schools soon.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Not going to happen unless they go back to Sony.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm so you're saying Sony owns the rights to the series? That sucks.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']Hopefully this OTT won't be as boring as the movie it's title is based on...

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz[/QUOTE]
:nottalking:

Well, even if it's not technically in the same series, I'd like them to go back to something more like that. But, hey, something completely new would be nice too.

[quote name='Roufuss']Why?[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm nervous about where I'm going to find a job and whatnot. Also, I've been thinking about getting a masters, but I don't know if I can afford to do that.

I finished this script for a film (video) project I have to do, my big independent study senior project (high school) it's a horror movie with a social metaphor behind it. 10 out of 12 characters die, and of the 2 left, one ends up in jail and the other is the bad guy.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Well, I'm nervous about where I'm going to find a job and whatnot. Also, I've been thinking about getting a masters, but I don't know if I can afford to do that.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting my AA, and I've decided I already want to take it all the way.

In other news, this Basic Computer Info and Literacy test is insulting.

Its teaching me how to use a chat room... an MSN chat room. And how to use a search engine.

[quote name='smalien1']I finished this script for a film (video) project I have to do, my big independent study senior project (high school) it's a horror movie with a social metaphor behind it. 10 out of 12 characters die, and of the 2 left, one ends up in jail and the other is the bad guy.[/QUOTE]

Spoiler Alert!

[quote name='Roufuss']I'm getting my AA, and I've decided I already want to take it all the way.

In other news, this Basic Computer Info and Literacy test is insulting.

Its teaching me how to use a chat room... an MSN chat room. And how to use a search engine.[/QUOTE]

Ha, that sounds like a fuckin' blast.

I should probably ask around and see if it's worth getting a masters after I get my BA in journalism.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Ha, that sounds like a fuckin' blast.

I should probably ask around and see if it's worth getting a masters after I get my BA in journalism.[/quote]

"all sources point to yes"

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Well, I'm nervous about where I'm going to find a job and whatnot. Also, I've been thinking about getting a masters, but I don't know if I can afford to do that.[/quote]

Depending on your BS/BA degree, which MS degree you're looking at going for, and to which school, you could possibly end up in a pretty good/cost effective situation.

I had this TA once, he was basically a professional student. I can't even remember all the insane amounts of degrees he'd amassed... but his point was that the University was giving him free tuition because he was a TA for a class or two each semester and he was covering his living expenses with a government stipend of some sort that had to do with education. The way he had it working, his rent/food/expenses ran way less than the stipend provided, so he was actually making a good deal of money to go continually pursue a new degree.

Most of the time, you'd have to TA for something pretty technical -- High level Math/Science type stuff, I'd wager, but it can be accomplished.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Ha, that sounds like a fuckin' blast.
.[/QUOTE]

Hey, did you know the discussion boards are not live? They allow the user to reflect on what they are writing before they send it.

Remember, it's a public posting and not a private email!

So yeah, I can no longer say that nothing has been up my butt now....

In Microbio lab, we did rectal swabbing. Only go in a half centimeter to get to the bacteria, but still not pleasant...

[quote name='Roufuss']Hey, did you know the discussion boards are not live? They allow the user to reflect on what they are writing before they send it.

Remember, it's a public posting and not a private email![/QUOTE]

Hahahahah, thanks.

[quote name='beerguy961']So yeah, I can no longer say that nothing has been up my butt now....

In Microbio lab, we did rectal swabbing. Only go in a half centimeter to get to the bacteria, but still not pleasant...[/quote]

where's the OTT cartoon about people posting tmi when you need it?

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']Depending on your BS/BA degree, which MS degree you're looking at going for, and to which school, you could possibly end up in a pretty good/cost effective situation.

I had this TA once, he was basically a professional student. I can't even remember all the insane amounts of degrees he'd amassed... but his point was that the University was giving him free tuition because he was a TA for a class or two each semester and he was covering his living expenses with a government stipend of some sort that had to do with education. The way he had it working, his rent/food/expenses ran way less than the stipend provided, so he was actually making a good deal of money to go continually pursue a new degree.

Most of the time, you'd have to TA for something pretty technical -- High level Math/Science type stuff, I'd wager, but it can be accomplished.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I could possibly TA for this one journalism course...I'll look into it soon.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']apparently the entire staff of the radio show that had the "hold your wee for a wii" contest have been fired.[/quote]Time for the legal charges to follow.

[quote name='beerguy961']So yeah, I can no longer say that nothing has been up my butt now....

In Microbio lab, we did rectal swabbing. Only go in a half centimeter to get to the bacteria, but still not pleasant...[/QUOTE]

Please tell me you in med school working on your Doctorate.

Cause if your in High School well thats just awkward and you might want to report the teacher. Especially if he did the swapping.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']apparently the entire staff of the radio show that had the "hold your wee for a wii" contest have been fired.[/QUOTE]

Thats stupid IMO. Do you fire the whole staff of a gun company when someone dies by a bullet.

The lady willing joined the contest. I'm pretty sure those people at the radio station already feel bad about it. I bet that they will have a hard time finding a job after old girls death.

In Microbio lab, we did rectal swabbing. Only go in a half centimeter to get to the bacteria, but still not pleasant...[/QUOTE]

you remembered to wipe before hand right?

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Hahahahah, thanks.[/QUOTE]

Hey, no problem!

Just want to spread some of my knowledge to others ;)

People's hangup's about DRM are crazy, too. I love downloadable games... they make things quick and easy and I can have many games on one system. I think I'm going to download R-Type tonight on the VC :D

Three and a half hours left until I depart.... and I'm flipping out. :shock: At least I have my directions and everything.

[quote name='Hex']Three and a half hours left until I depart.... and I'm flipping out. :shock: At least I have my directions and everything.[/QUOTE]

Where you going?

[quote name='Hex']Three and a half hours left until I depart.... and I'm flipping out. :shock: At least I have my directions and everything.[/QUOTE]

IIRC your driving 11 hours. Take a break and nap if needed. Remember being safe is more important then getting there quickly.

[quote name='CitizenB']Thats stupid IMO. Do you fire the whole staff of a gun company when someone dies by a bullet.

The lady willing joined the contest. I'm pretty sure those people at the radio station already feel bad about it. I bet that they will have a hard time finding a job after old girls death.[/quote]

Yeah, but I think part of where the trouble comes in is that someone called into the contest, told the people who were running it that it was dangerous and someone could die from water intoxication, and the people running the contest basically said what amounts to "We know that, but don't give a fuck cause we're not liable." So they deserved to be fired if you ask me.

[quote name='CitizenB']Please tell me you in med school working on your Doctorate.

Cause if your in High School well thats just awkward and you might want to report the teacher. Especially if he did the swapping.[/QUOTE]
It's a college class, upper division. It's a pretty standard thing.

[quote name='mr ryles']you remembered to wipe before hand right?[/QUOTE]
No, I wanted to make sure I'd get the bacteria the first time. Lord knows I don't want to do that again.

[quote name='CitizenB']IIRC your driving 11 hours. Take a break and nap if needed. Remember being safe is more important then getting there quickly.[/quote]
He owes me money for a game I picked up for him, so I'll make sure he makes it there and back. :D

Well I think I aced my test/quiz, whatever the fuck it was today, but then I went to work and it shit just went down hill. I HATE working at that stupid fucking print shop. I did the same thing the entire time I was there and it got sooooooooooooo old. I need to quit working there before I go crazy.

/And who actually watches Amercan Idol? I just saw something about it on MSNBC and I couldn't stand to watch the 10 second clip they showed. It's just so wiggletarded....*cough*/

[quote name='karsh']Yeah, but I think part of where the trouble comes in is that someone called into the contest, told the people who were running it that it was dangerous and someone could die from water intoxication, and the people running the contest basically said what amounts to "We know that, but don't give a fuck cause we're not liable." So they deserved to be fired if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that. They deserve it then.

[quote name='Eviltude']Well I think I aced my test/quiz, whatever the fuck it was today, but then I went to work and it shit just went down hill. I HATE working at that stupid fucking print shop. I did the same thing the entire time I was there and it got sooooooooooooo old. I need to quit working there before I go crazy.[/QUOTE]

Making Copppppies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back