I met another CAG today...

reibeatall

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Well, it wasn't a formal conversation, or a formal meeting, but regardless, he said something about CAG and I mentioned that I'm there a lot.

I probably came off as an ass, in hindsight.

Damn.

Anyway, I just thought it was cool. Any of you guys meet other CAGs?

I met Potato Head at Gamestop when we were pre-ordering the Wii, and then again when we were picking them up. To my knowledge I haven't met any others.

I dunno. I saw a guy the other day at Toys R Us with a list of all the discounted games and when the register guy told us they were all gone we both looked sad. :)

I met Neudog when waiting for the Wii pre-orders. We both waited about 2 or 3 hours before store opening and I was first in line with him right behind me. Cool guy.

Ive never met a CAG in real live but i have told some of the nicer people ive met (waiting in line for a wii, digging thru clearance) about it. I met one person from anddtech.com i think.....i dont remember the comp tech cheap forum site during the last big CC clearance, he was nice and we pointed out stuff that wasnt on the others list. :)

[quote name='Joystick76']I'm uncertain if there are more than like, THREE TOTAL, in Iowa. At all.[/quote]So what you're saying is I should drive up through Iowa to raid y'alls stores everytime there's a big sale or clearance because there will be good pickins'? ;)

I've never met one but I don't think I'd reveal that info unless the meeting was prearranged here or something like to go out for beers or hang out and play some games or something. Could you imagine the awkwardness of that? See you guys tonight - I'll be the one holding the rose. :D

[quote name='javeryh']I've never met one but I don't think I'd reveal that info unless the meeting was prearranged here or something like to go out for beers or hang out and play some games or something. Could you imagine the awkwardness of that?[/quote]
Why would it be awkward to meet up wif someone here? I've met one local CAG a couple times. Granted it's always been a trade type thing.

See you guys tonight - I'll be the one holding the rose. :D
Why javery, you look ravishing.

[quote name='guinaevere']Why would it be awkward to meet up wif someone here? I've met one local CAG a couple times. Granted it's always been a trade type thing.[/quote]

I meant awkward trying to figure out who the CAG was in a crowded bar or something - not the actual meet up itself...

[quote name='guinaevere']Why javery, you look ravishing.[/quote]

Why thank you dahling! :D

Since NJ is so damn crowded I'm pretty sure I've seen a few CAGs with some lists printed from this site, but like javeryh, I'm not going to start asking everyone there.

I guess people know what I kinda look like here so they can come up to me.

I met my wife on CAG!

no, not really. The people i have met from here aren't exactly the crowd favorites for sure. Jpod and KimSh0t.

[quote name='neocisco']I've met guinaevere, kjauburn and CaptainSniffy, all of them great people.[/quote]But I'm the best. Admit it.
wooper.gif

[quote name='javeryh']I meant awkward trying to figure out who the CAG was in a crowded bar or something - not the actual meet up itself...[/quote] OH! I understand you now.

Just do what I do. Look for people who look like their avatars. It's more fun that way.

I think I've met somewhere between 10-15 CAGs in my shopping experiences. Many are dissapointed that I'm not a bearded sailor.

Once. We both showed up at circuit city with printed lists. Luckily we weren't looking for the same clearance games (he had just about all of them anyway).

Me: Hey, do you go to cheapassgamer
Him: Yeah, that the best site ever!

[quote name='guinaevere']Just do what I do. Look for people who look like their avatars. It's more fun that way.[/quote]
[quote name='shipwreck']Many are dissapointed that I'm not a bearded sailor.[/quote]
grumps.gif

I get the feeling that there aren't many fellow Nebraskans here. If there are, the chances of seeing them, much less talking to them, are very slim.

[quote name='shipwreck']Many are dissapointed that I'm not a bearded sailor.[/quote]
I wouldn't be dissapointed as long as you had a parrot

How did you know you were CAGS? Is there a CAG code of ethics that I am missing? Is there a special look? Jesture? :)
Maybe the website was brought up.

[quote name='neocisco']Not an accurate representation![/quote] :rofl:

Okay, okay. For neocisco's vanity sake I'll testify that he is taller than his avatar would lead one to believe. And I've yet to see him wear a blue & white checkered blazer.

I know Mr. Anderson personally, as he's the one who introduced me to the site.
I also met Dr Mario Kart for a few minutes at Ushicon Go! way back in January '06.

I'm not sure how many CAGers live in the Kansas City area (probably not very many). I would bet there were probably a few of you folks waiting with me in the pre-Christmas Wii lines but I never asked...

I have met no one. Sometimes I see people who I think might be a CAG, but it would be really awkward if I went up to them and asked if they were and they would say, whats a cag?

not that i know of...although i probably saw a couple in the Wii/PS3 preorder lines outside EBGames on Shattuck in Berkeley...

Maybe...?

bread's done
Back