Pre-order Chulip w/ Bonus $29.99 at Gamestop

D. Monic

CAGiversary!
Just saw this on the CAG-O-Matic. Gamestop just listed a pre-order for Chulip w/ bonus keychain on their site for $29.99. The release date is Feb. 14 (aka, Valentine's Day), which is rather appropriate for this bizarre Japanese kissing game.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B281681A

I was hoping it would be cheaper, like $14.99, but I know a lot of us have been anticipating a US release of this cult game for what seems like years now, and it's great to see it finally get a firm release date (at least I hope so this time).

Gamestop's site also lists the game as a Gamestop/EB exclusive, so it looks like it'll be the only store that carries it.

[quote name='Lizard Axe']Damn... I thought this was going to be $14.99-19.99?[/QUOTE]
Exactly. If they are going to release it for $30 I'd just wait a few months to pick it up. I'm sure TRU will have this game and be selling it for $10-15 within 6 months.

[quote name='freshzen']Exactly. If they are going to release it for $30 I'd just wait a few months to pick it up. I'm sure TRU will have this game and be selling it for $10-15 within 6 months.[/quote]

According to the Gamestop/EB website it's an exclusive that only they will be selling.

Its a game where you go around kissing people (of both sexes) to make them happy... No joke.

Only from japan :eek:

I was anticipating this game a long time ago, but after River King, I'm very wary of Natsume now. I'll be waiting for a price drop, if it's even worth that.

[quote name='Supercake']I was anticipating this game a long time ago, but after River King, I'm very wary of Natsume now. I'll be waiting for a price drop, if it's even worth that.[/QUOTE]
they are made by completely different people. Natsume is only a publisher

Just a bump to let everyone know the game has finally been released and my pre-order (w/ weird-ass keychain) has shipped!

When I started this thread, the game was set to come out on Feb. 14, but then got pushed to the 19th. That scared me because the game's had release dates in the past only to be delayed indefinitely. In fact, it's taken years for this game to finally be released in North America.

But the wait is over. My order did indeed ship and I should have it tomorrow. I can't wait to buy a case of beer and play this game drunk this weekend, which sounds an awful lot like last weekend except this time I get to play Chulip. Yay!

Got mine yesterday. Luckily, SAVER shipping (i.e. the Free shipping) gets to my house overnight since I'm about 4 hours away from Gamestop's warehouse. :)

Anyway, played a bit of the game... typical weird Japanesey game. I wonder why it took so damn long to come over.

The keychain is alright. I'll probably never use it. Who wants a kissing monkey hanging from their keychain??

[quote name='Katsu']Got mine yesterday. Luckily, SAVER shipping (i.e. the Free shipping) gets to my house overnight since I'm about 4 hours away from Gamestop's warehouse. :)

Anyway, played a bit of the game... typical weird Japanesey game. I wonder why it took so damn long to come over.

The keychain is alright. I'll probably never use it. Who wants a kissing monkey hanging from their keychain??[/QUOTE]

reason why it took so long is cultural problems. there's s&m and some odd humor that back then was not looked upon nicely.

bread's done
Back