is the PS3 Intercooler like the XBOX 360 one

S

starmask2k3

i know its not out yat but maybe some knows

Last edited:
if it probably doesn't do shit and probably causes more problems than it fixes? probably. Nyko products are shoddy. Thier rechargable battery packs don't even fit into the xbox 360 controllers properly.

The Nyko recharge station is the worst product ever, The batteries don't have ANY charge in them at all out of the box, making the actual charge station thinks the batteries are dead. So you have to use a play and charge kit to charge the Nylo batteries for a second so that you can use the batteries that came with the charging station.

Both intercooler products suck ass as well.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']The Nyko recharge station is the worst product ever, The batteries don't have ANY charge in them at all out of the box, making the actual charge station thinks the batteries are dead. So you have to use a play and charge kit to charge the Nylo batteries for a second so that you can use the batteries that came with the charging station.

Both intercooler products suck ass as well.[/QUOTE]

thankz

I've been wondering about this as compared to the 360 version for a while. Considering the PS3's power supply is in the system itself, I don't think there would be an issue of enough power getting to it like in the 360 version, since it came between the power supply and the 360, but here it comes before the power supply.

[quote name='seen']So even though I'm buying used I'd be wasting my money to get this too?[/quote]
In my opinion, yes.
If you get a used PS3 from a place that has a XX day limited warranty... never mind, I'm not going to suggest something then have someone bitch at me if it would happen to break a week after the warranty ran out.

Though I will say I'm putting my used PS3 "through the ringer", so to speak, by having it fold nonstop while it's still under warranty.

Yeah, I've had mine folding nonstop for 6 months now. And while the air coming out the right vent can be quite warm at times, the system itself is reasonably cool, and it's still running like a champ. Skip the intercooler, especially since IIRC it requires you to use the power switch to turn the system on and off.

I actually have the intercooler and stopped using it. It makes a lot of noise and it is counter-productive. it actually managed to make the system warmer. One day of that and I threw it in my pile of random shit I'll never touch again.

Here's my opinion on itntercoolers and the're problems

The main reason intercoolers have been letting people down is because they've been breaking consoles. Any intercooler that plugs in between the power cord and the console is going to suck needed joules from the console.

The end result is that the processor doesn't have enough juice to correctly calculate commands. You get distorted graphics during play, corrupt game save files, (and on the xbox 360) the red ring of death.

The only way I know around this is to not use ANY cooling fan that will sap electricity from your console.

NOTE: These are regarding the xbox 360

Non-sappers
Nyko intercooler TS (Wall) (Rumored to be much quieter than the EX)

Sappers
Nyko intercooler EX (Console Power Cord)
Pelican Fan Stand (Console USB)
React Cooling Fan (Console Power Cord)

Don't Know
Psyclone Chillstation

bread's done
Back