The Target Clearance Thread Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDirty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads* (Links Coming)

Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Keep it on topic or your post may be deleted to prune down the thread size.

I don't recall the exact prices.

Champaign, IL

Genji PS2 - $14
City of Villeins PC - $20

Also lots of Burnout 3 for Xbox (PH) and Baten Katos: Origins for GCN for around $15. A ton of casual PC games for $7.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']We need a compiled list of these deals so people don't keep making threads for stuff that 'will get lost' in this thread.[/quote]:p

You're right though. The Target thread is one I unfortunately don't check often enough because it gets filled with junk posts fast. Some great deals get burried in here.

here's a start to organize, figured i'd help :D

**REMEMBER THESE ARE YMMV**

:ds:
Stylus 3 pack

Madden 06

Kirby Canvas Curse
Yoshi Touch & Go
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble

Zoo Keeper

14.98 (also reported as being 7.48)
Gunpey

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Lunar: Dragon Song
Prince of Persia: Battles
King Kong

Wario Ware: Touched!

:gc:
7.48 (3.74 also reported)
Killer 7
Battalion Wars

One Piece: Pirate's Carnival (4.98 also reported)
Tak the Great Juju Challenge
Pikmin 2 (Non-PC)
Donkey Konga 2 w/bongos
WWE: Day of Reckoning 2

13.98 (most of these look to have dropped to 9.99, but ymmv)
Resident Evil 4 (Non-PC)
Spongebob Squarepants the Movie: The Game
Baten Kaitos
Starfox Assault
Luigi's Mansion
Kirby Airride
Mario Toadstool Golf
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

:gba:
Backyard Football 06

Adventure of Link: Legend of Zelda 2
Ace Combat Advance
Pirates of the Carribean: Curse of the Black Pearl

The Incredibles

Donkey Kong King of Swing (7.48 also reported)
Megaman Zero 4
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (4.98 also reported)
That's So Raven 2
Pac-Man collection
Kim Possible 2: Drakken's Demise

Sonic Advance 3 (9.98 also reported)

Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones (.9.98 also reported)
Lego Star Wars (First one) (7.48 also reported)

Final Fantasy I&II Dawn of Souls (14.98 also reported)
Mario Pinball Land

:psp:
Death Jr. (may also be 4.98 or 6.48)
Xmen Legends II
Twisted Metal
Burnout Legends
Wipeout Pure
Frantix (may also be 4.98 or 6.48)
World Series of Poker

Metal Gear Acid

:xbox:
Doom 3 Collector's Edition
Mercenaries
Streets of NY

Operation Desert Storm

Madagascar
Ultimate Spiderman
Burnout Revenge (4.98 also reported)
Conker (4.98 also reported)

MX vs ATV

:ps2:
187 Ride or Die

Tekken 5 (non-GH)
Xenosaga 2
Taiko Drum Master Bundle

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Genji

Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance

Eyetoy Play 2

Hitman 2
Killzone (GH)
True Crime: Streets of LA
Tony Hawk Underground 2

We

[quote name='hopeunknown']here's a start to organize, figured i'd help :D

Kirby Canvas Curse
Yoshi Touch & Go
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble

Zoo Keeper

Gunpey

Wario Ware: Touched!

:gc:
Killer 7
Battalion Wars

One Piece: Pirate's Carnival
Tak the Great Juju Challenge
Pikmin 2 (Non-PC)
Donkey Konga 2 w/bongos
WWE: Day of Reckoning 2

Resident Evil 4 (Non-PC)
Baten Kaitos
Starfox Assault
Luigi's Mansion
Kirby Airride
Mario Toadstool Golf
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

Adventure of Link: Legend of Zelda 2
Ace Combat Advance
Pirates of the Carribean: Curse of the Black Pearl

Donkey Kong King of Swing
Megaman Zero 4
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
That's So Raven 2
Pac-Man collection

Sonic Advance 3

Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones

Final Fantasy I&II Dawn of Souls

Death Jr.
Xmen Legends II
Twisted Metal
Burnout Legends
Wipeout Pure

:xbox:
Operation Desert Storm

Madagascar
Ultimate Spiderman
Burnout Revenge

MX vs ATV

Tekken 5 (non-GH)
Xenosaga 2
Taiko Drum Master Bundle

Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance

Hitman 2
Killzone (GH)
True Crime: Streets of LA
Tony Hawk Underground 2

We

I saw that xbox live starter kit is 24.94. Does that mean this is a year's subscription that is half off the price of what it normally would be?

Genji and Harry Potter Goblet of Fire for PS2 $9.98
Lunar Dragon Song, Sonic Rush and Tony Hawk's American Wasteland for DS $19.98

[quote name='galvatron2k1']I must've missed something. How recent is that Kirby Canvas Curse drop?[/quote] I saw it Tuesday of this week.

you can add Frantix and World Series of Poker (PSP) to the $9.98 list. just picked up Frantix today.

i also saw the first Lego Star Wars for GBA tagged at $14.98.

^^ added all those mentioned to the list
i'm going away for the weekend so if the OP wants to take the list and put it in their post, by all means go ahead.

One week ago Kirby was still $20, of which I bought two copies, but since then it's dropped to $10 and I bought the remaining three copies. I also picked up Battalion Wars for $7.48 today.

question, if you buy something from Target on clearance and if within 90 days the price drops to a lower clearance price, can you take back for the lower price? basically do a return, rebuy.

just curious if Target does this...

[quote name='tsg2005']question, if you buy something from Target on clearance and if within 90 days the price drops to a lower clearance price, can you take back for the lower price? basically do a return, rebuy.

just curious if Target does this...[/QUOTE]

You used to be able to do this (I did it all the time). When I tried to do it recently with a Zelda Collector's Edition dealie (the thing with the shield and soundtrack) they said no, as it was a clearance item. However, tonight I found a store with a ton of them for $19.98, so I will be returning my $33.98 one ;).

There are a TON of games on clearance now (more than I've seen in quite a while), but they all need to hit the next level to be worth the purchase. Saw Battalion Wars for $7.48 (which is worth the purchase at that price but I already have it). One Piece Carnival for GC for $9.98 (by the way, the PS2 version of this is $4.99 at Best Buy after the $5 off coupon - they were well stocked near the registers at 2 different Best Buys), tons of others. Unfortunately I was there 5 minutes before closing and didn't have time to look through them very thoroughly. I will definitely be checking back there next week to see if anything dropped again though.

Edit - looking at hopeunknown's list I know I saw many of the same games for the same prices. I'm in the Portland, OR area. The Target game clearances have always been somewhat coordinated (with slightly different pricing and time of drops) but these are remarkably consistent.

I also picked up some generic Swiss Army knife for $1.24. I got one last week for $2.48 - that one will go back with the Zelda Collector's box ;). And there's a nice set of Christmas Thomas the Tank Engine trains (the metal ones) that was marked $8.38 (down from the original $11.99) but rang up $5.98 for those of you with little kids.

Real World Golf Bundle is $19.98

edit.
Oh yeah I forgot,
Gunprey DS is $7.48
I saw several them on the clearance section.
This is the one located in Bell Garden, CA.
I also saw like 5 pink ds lite and 2 60 gig ps3 in stock

[quote name='mkg12']Is Target more YMMV? or more universal drops like CC?[/QUOTE]

Target inhabits a wierd position between a store like CC (universal drops) and a store like Walmart (completely bat-shit random YMMV). Generally all the same games will be on clearance at any Target, but the exact pricing and timing of the subsequent drops will be different. For example, postaboy said Real World Golf Bundle is $19.98 at his store - at mine it was still $34.98 as hopeunknown has it listed. It is, however, on clearance regardless.

So this thread is good for things to look for and scan at your store (or print UPCs and scan them at the price checkers for games still locked in the cases). If you are particularly lucky you will find a Target that failed to mark its games down and when they hit 75% off you can snap 'em up. One of the stores I was at tonight did not have their One Piece Carnival GC games removed from the case and marked as clearance. So I'm hoping I can get it for $4.98 in a week or two - but I'll have to bring a printed UPC to check it (don't want to alert the Electronic's guy about it being on clearance by asking for a price check).

[quote name='io']Target inhabits a wierd position between a store like CC (universal drops) and a store like Walmart (completely bat-shit random YMMV). Generally all the same games will be on clearance at any Target, but the exact pricing and timing of the subsequent drops will be different. For example, postaboy said Real World Golf Bundle is $19.98 at his store - at mine it was still $34.98 as hopeunknown has it listed. It is, however, on clearance regardless.

So this thread is good for things to look for and scan at your store (or print UPCs and scan them at the price checkers for games still locked in the cases). If you are particularly lucky you will find a Target that failed to mark its games down and when they hit 75% off you can snap 'em up. One of the stores I was at tonight did not have their One Piece Carnival GC games removed from the case and marked as clearance. So I'm hoping I can get it for $4.98 in a week or two - but I'll have to bring a printed UPC to check it (don't want to alert the Electronic's guy about it being on clearance by asking for a price check).[/quote]

Has anyone organized a UPC list for the recent Target drops? Or want to?

[quote name='biggyfries']anyone see a price drop on the ipod hi-fi that is lower than $174?[/quote]

wondering the same thing, i might check it out again today

[quote name='tsg2005']question, if you buy something from Target on clearance and if within 90 days the price drops to a lower clearance price, can you take back for the lower price? basically do a return, rebuy.

just curious if Target does this...[/quote]

I used to work at Target in "Guest Services" (returns). Basically, as long as you hang onto the reciept and the item isn't opened you can return it. If the employee is cool enough, s/he may let you buy it before putting it back in the bin. They're not really supposed to, but there's no rule saying they can't let you.

I was mistaken Genji Dawn of the Samurai PS2 is $14.98 not $9.98. King Kong and Prince of Persia for DS $19.98

[quote name='biggyfries']anyone see a price drop on the ipod hi-fi that is lower than $174?[/QUOTE]
I checked my local Target and unfortunately the one that they did have was gone.

[quote name='Indiana']My Target has the 1 year gold starter kit on clearance for $41.[/quote]the 38th Street one, I'm guessing? Any other notable clearanced items there?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']the 38th Street one, I'm guessing? Any other notable clearanced items there?[/quote]

Nooo...stay away from my Target stores in Indy. :p

When I was there, the only notable game I saw at 38th St. was 2 copies of Gunpey for $14.98. I bought one of them. I didn't see the Zelda Swords anymore, Advance Wars, Kirby Canvas Curse, Pikmin 2, or anything else desireable or I would have bought them when I was there on Monday. Also didn't see any of that stuff in Plainfield except for 2 copies of Gunpey. Oh, I think both stores had a few of the Tony Hawk skateboard deck/game combos for $41.xxx or so left. Not worth it to me at that price but that may be as cheap as they're getting. If they drop to $20.xx I'll grab one.

I did see 5 Wii systems and 6 PS3 systems in the case in Plainfield though.

[quote name='biggyfries']anyone see a price drop on the ipod hi-fi that is lower than $174?[/quote]

As of yesterday it was still $174...my Target still has three and I'm hoping at least one is still left at the next drop. Wouldn't a Monday be the most likely day?

Possible mid-week drops, as they were $7.48, $7.48, and $13.98 respectively as of Tuesday.

Batallion Wars (GC) down to $3.74
Killer7 (GC) down to $3.74
Mercenaries (XBOX) down to $9.98

[quote name='Rictor']Nooo...stay away from my Target stores in Indy. :p

When I was there, the only notable game I saw at 38th St. was 2 copies of Gunpey for $14.98. I bought one of them. I didn't see the Zelda Swords anymore, Advance Wars, Kirby Canvas Curse, Pikmin 2, or anything else desireable or I would have bought them when I was there on Monday. Also didn't see any of that stuff in Plainfield except for 2 copies of Gunpey. Oh, I think both stores had a few of the Tony Hawk skateboard deck/game combos for $41.xxx or so left. Not worth it to me at that price but that may be as cheap as they're getting. If they drop to $20.xx I'll grab one.

I did see 5 Wii systems and 6 PS3 systems in the case in Plainfield though.[/quote]They've got shit loads of PS2, GCN, GBA, and DS games clearanced at the US31 Target (near the Hanna Mansion, I think). The usual fare that everyone's reported (Metroid Prime 2, Pikmin 2, etc.).

Those Tony Hawk boards aren't going any cheaper than the $44.98 price they've got now. I've been keeping an eye on them and it seems after they sit unsold at that price, they send them away to clearance heaven.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']They've got shit loads of PS2, GCN, GBA, and DS games clearanced at the US31 Target (near the Hanna Mansion, I think). The usual fare that everyone's reported (Metroid Prime 2, Pikmin 2, etc.).

Those Tony Hawk boards aren't going any cheaper than the $44.98 price they've got now. I've been keeping an eye on them and it seems after they sit unsold at that price, they send them away to clearance heaven.[/quote]

When I said Plainfield, I meant Avon. I haven't checked the Plainfield Target recently. I live near the Avon one. Don't know why I always get those two confused.

What's weird is that's only 50% off for the Tony Hawk boards, but they've been through 3 or 4 drops. For some reaons they've only dropped them around 10% at a time, while the guitars that were from the same ad dropped really quickly to 75% off.

Had to drive 30 miles for We Love Katamari, but picked up the last 2 copies in the area. Thanks for the heads-up

I stopped by another Target and was surprised to see a Killer 7 untouched. I had to pick it up at 7.48. Thanks again to whoever posted that one.

I don't know if this is old news to anyone, but I was even more surprised when I went to buy it and got carded by the cashier for buying an M rated game. The register was enforcing the proof of ID as it would not allow her to ring up anything else until she entered my birthdate. We both had a WTF look on our faces.

Here are things that didn't make it to the original list and some price drops:

EyeToy: Play 2 $12.48

Madden 06 $7.48
Nintendo Stylus (3?) pack $6.98 (not huge savings, but thought I'd mention it)

Backyard Football 06 $4.98
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith $4.98 **
Lego Star Wars $7.48 **
The Incredibles $7.48
Kim Possible 2: Drakken's Demise $9.98
Sonic Advance 3 $9.98 **
Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones $9.98 **
Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls $14.98 **

Death Jr **
Frantix **

(I can't remember if they're $6.98 or $4.98. I don't have a PSP so I didn't pay close attention.)

** = price drop from what was stated in the original list at post #7

Good luck, all.
- jack

Games picked up 1/28 either not mentioned or clearanced more:

187 Ride or Die (PS2) $2.48 (yeah I know it sucks)
Burnout Revenge (xbox) $4.98

Also saw

Donkey Kong King of Swing $7.48

If Sonic and FF I&II went down again, I'll have to go by Target this morning. Thanks for the info.

EDIT: Hm. Sonic 3 was sold out (rats) and FF I&II was still marked about $21. I think the Target stores down here may push their price cuts a week late or something, otherwise I'm not sure why the Zelda sword / shield only got cut to about $20 this last week. Meh, whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back