Tekken 5 W/ Hori Arcade Stick $39.99 @ Fry's (YMMV)

Hm. I'm tempted to pick up a 2nd one at that price (I picked up my first there for $50). I bet my Fry's still has a dozen of these things.

They are still $30 new at EBGS as far as I know, but that is if you can find them. I recently hit about a dozen different stores and none ever have the Tekken 5 boxed set.

You can even order the boxed set from frys.com (or you could) if you want to pay shipping on the damn thing.

[quote name='getmyrunon']Does the stick work with the PS3?[/QUOTE]
I hear there are mixed results when it comes to arcade sticks and the PS3. Some work, some don't, or some do work but do not function properly. Answer to your question: maybe. You would need some sort of adapter though.

I just want to vouch for these sticks.

Basically, this is the best arcade stick released in the U.S. Hori makes solid, reliable, quality arcade sticks, and this one is no different. If you're looking for a stick comparable to Japanese arcade sticks, this is the one to get (though it is not quite as perfect as an official JPN stick).

Of course, you can mod it easily with real Japanese parts if you'd like, which would make it basically a real JPN stick. Otherwise, you can pick up a Hori Real Arcade Pro 2 or 3 for $100+ :p.

There's a bunch at GS/EB near me. I would check

I'm going to go check out Fry's today 'cause I would really like an arcade stick. I played Tekken 4 at the arcade and felt completely out of my realm since it has been so long...

[quote name='getmyrunon']Does the stick work with the PS3?[/QUOTE]

Not yet. I have a PSX/PS2 to USB adaptor and only the buttons register. The stick itself doesn't. The problem is that there is no analog/digital button on the stick. It should eventually work though since there will be some adaptors specifically made for PS3 compatibility.

QFT. This is the BEST out of the box US stick you can get.

[quote name='xghostsniperx']I just want to vouch for these sticks.

Basically, this is the best arcade stick released in the U.S. Hori makes solid, reliable, quality arcade sticks, and this one is no different. If you're looking for a stick comparable to Japanese arcade sticks, this is the one to get (though it is not quite as perfect as an official JPN stick).

Of course, you can mod it easily with real Japanese parts if you'd like, which would make it basically a real JPN stick. Otherwise, you can pick up a Hori Real Arcade Pro 2 or 3 for $100+ :p.

There's a bunch at GS/EB near me. I would check[/quote]

Checked Fry's and they had jack... they had about a thousand of the exercise dance pads with some girl on the front working out where there used to be the tekken boxes.

Just picked one of the last two at my local Fry's. I remember seeing them for 49.99 and that was already a very good deal since they used to retail for 99.99 at 39.99 I had to finally bite.

[quote name='biggoronspaceship']Just picked one of the last two at my local Fry's. I remember seeing them for 49.99 and that was already a very good deal since they used to retail for 99.99 at 39.99 I had to finally bite.[/QUOTE]
Which Fry's was this?

Fry's in Fountain Valley, CA still has one left. I also saw that they sell the two player version of the x-arcade sticks at 99.99 which are 129.95 if you order from the x-arcade website, so you'll be saving 30 bucks and shipping costs if you're interested in picking up one of those.

crap...really? I never had a problem with mine but I've only used it on the PC with MAME and NeoRage. Is it bad with consoles? I considered buying those xarcade adapters that lets you use it on the PS2. $39.99 is an awesome price for a Hori branded joystick.

bread's done
Back