Does Apple still give 15% off to students?

RiCeBo1

CAGiversary!
I want to buy a video iPod and I was able to get 15% off at the Apple store when I bought my mini 2 years ago. Question is though is that do they still offer the discount?

At the UMN -TC, there's a price reduction on the old 30 GB video iPod for $199, otherwise there isn't a student discount on iPods like Hito said, only on laptops.

[quote name='Yumemiru Hito']The iPod discount is no longer. Only computers now.[/QUOTE]

An iPod is a computer. Since you have no idea what you are talking about, let me rephrase your post:

The iPod discount is no longer. Only PCs now.

[quote name='Morrigan Lover']An iPod is a computer. Since you have no idea what you are talking about, let me rephrase your post:

The iPod discount is no longer. Only PCs now.[/QUOTE]
theres no need to make douchebag posts displaying your superior intellect.

I just checked the "educational" Canadian Apple Store. Maybe it is different in other countries, but in the section where it lists the purchase limits (1 Macbook per year, etc), it clearly states there is no limit on iPods. I guess you can buy as many Canadian discounted iPods as you want! It can come in handy when you have to buy the latest version every 6 months.

Also, for what it's worth, I was able to access and get to the final stage (confirmation) of ordering a macbook just by picking a random school and typing in a random student number. Does Apple actually check before shipping? I might just give it a try.

Who is Eligible To Purchase
The following education individuals are eligible to purchase through the Apple Store for Education individuals:
  • Faculty or staff member of a public or private Higher Education Institution in the United States
  • Student currently attending or accepted into a public or private Higher Education Institution in the United States
  • Parent purchasing on behalf of their child who is a student currently attending or accepted into public or private Higher Education Institution in the United States
Purchase Quantity
Faculty, Staff and Students purchasing from the Apple Store for Education Individuals will be allowed to purchase the following quantities of product per academic school year:

1. Desktop: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
  2. Mac mini: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
  3. Notebook: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
  4. Display: A maximum of two (2) may be purchased per academic year
  5. Software: A maximum of two (2) per software title may be purchased per academic year
  6. iSight: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
  7. iPod: There is no limit on the quantity of iPod purchases per academic year

[quote name='Zing']

Also, for what it's worth, I was able to access and get to the final stage (confirmation) of ordering a macbook just by picking a random school and typing in a random student number. Does Apple actually check before shipping? I might just give it a try.[/QUOTE]

They didn't used to but might now. I think that's why they got rid of the discount on IPods because so many people who weren't students were ordering with the discount.

I was going to buy a Mac with the student discount, but it definately wasn't 15%. I went on to get the same Mac for $200 off ebay. Still not worth the price I paid.

Anyway, when I checked the dicount out on their site, it said that it did apply to ipods, although I didn't actually check it out.

bread's done
Back