The Official "Get CheapyD a US Wii" Thread

HarassmentPanda

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listening to the most recent podcast I learned that CheapyD has a serious problem... he is the keeper of the internet's last bastion of gaming goodness and he doesn't even have a US Wii console. Cheapy's lack of a US console is not because he no interest, but, in true CAG fashion, he does not want to pay for it.

I wondered, how can I help? Well, long story short, I ended up securing two Wii consoles after doing some Best Buy camping last weekend. I have no need for two consoles and 30 days before I have to return the extra one. Now, I am not a rich man, but I would still like to help. Here is what I propose:

Why don't we buy Cheapy a US Wii console? The system is only $250 and the shipping can't possibly boost the price over $350 (am I right?). With a listenership of over 5000 it shouldn't be hard to raise that kind of money for our fearless leader. Once enough money is raised, including my personal donation, I can send my extra Wii to Cheapy.

Now, the tricky part comes in. I am but a lowly member of the CAG community and how can anyone know that I'm not going to spend their money on booze and hookers?

Well, this is where Cheapy comes in. If Cheapy is willing to support this plan, I would request that he set up a Paypal account (or some other means of collecting money). All donations can go directly to him and he can transfer the money to me once he receives the Wii in the mail.

Would any other CAGs like to put a US Wii in the hands of Cheapy?

[quote name='CheapyD']I appreciate the effort, but I politely refuse to accept your monies.[/quote]

I'll take the monies.

bread's done
Back