Goozex CAG Promo - Customer Support!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goozex

Official Representative
Hey everyone at CAG. The winners for the February CAG promotion have been selected! And the new promotion is in place as of right now! Details in the next post.

February Winners:
Xbox 360 Bundle -- eddiesteel
Wii Bundle -- TahoeMax
PS3 Game -- Tubsy3
PS2 Bundle -- Sochalist
PSP Bundle -- Martin8me
Xbox Bundle -- LordBubba
Gamecube Bundle -- JAGII

For existing members, you can still come here for customer support, comments and feedback. We're excited to continue the discussion with old friends and meet new members.

Happy trading!
~Goozex~

What is Goozex and how does it work?

Goozex is the new innovative system developed and tested by video-gamers for video-gamers. Goozex provides a unique trading platform that allows peer-to-multi-peer trading of physical goods. The company delivers the following services:
  • Peer-to-multi-peer trading platform
  • Community experience
  • Video game reviews and multi-media information on the products
The system allows users to trade their video games in exchange for Goozex points, which can then be used to receive video games from other users. This helps gamers avoid paying enormous amounts of cash for games. Goozex runs on an internal currency that is dictated by points that are assigned to each game. The only payment that members make to Goozex is a payment of $1 transaction fee for each video game they receive. Learn more!

--------------------------------------------------------

Rules for March CAG Game Bundle Promotion

Deadline: March 31, 2007

Winners will be randomly selected and chosen after the deadline. To be eligible you must signup to Goozex.com and enter the coupon code CAG-2007 and select your preferred console. Your selection of preferred console indicates the game bundle you would like to win. There are seven game bundles available: Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, Xbox, Gamecube, and PSP. Details of the game bundle are available on the promotion's forum thread on Cheapassgamer.com. Any game bundle not selected will be forfeited. Only one winner per console game bundle will be selected. Only one winner is allowed per household. Multiple accounts disqualify your entry into the promotion. Winners must have a valid United States, Canadian or Bermudian mailing address to be eligible. Winners cannot change titles or redeem games for cash, Goozex points or trade credits. Game bundles will be mailed by Goozex to the address provided upon registration.

The rules above can be summed up as such:
1. Signup on Goozex
2. At signup use coupon Code: CAG-2007
3. At signup select preferred console to register which bundle you'd like to enter to win
Pick one of the following: Xbox 360, Xbox, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii, GC
4. Multiple accounts disqualify you
5. Only one winner per console bundle

List of games for each console bundle:

:360:Xbox 360 Bundle
Gears of War
Prey
The Outfit

:wii:Wii Bundle
Call of Duty 3
Red Steel
Marvel Ultimate Alliance

:ps3: PS3 "Bundle"
Resistance: Fall of Man

:xbox:Xbox Bundle
Godfather: The Game - Limited Edition
Half-Life 2
Dead or Alive Ultimate
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne

:ps2:PS2 Bundle
Final Fantasy XII
Okami
NHRA Championship Drag Racing
DDRMAX2: Dance Dance Revolution

:psp:PSP Bundle
The Godfather: Mob Wars
GTA Vice City Stories
ATV Offroad Fury Pro
Medievil Resurrection

:gc:Gamecube Bundle
Ikaruga
Chibi-Robo
Geist

Nice to see CAG and Goozex official partners, it makes sense considering how much we use the service already.

SaySwap... not so much.

Probably a stupid question but here it goes anyways...

Is there a way to exchange money for points in order to get the games you want. Meaning, what if I dont want to get rid of any of my games, is this not for me? or what if the games I do want to trade dont amount to enough points to get the game I want?

hope somebody can let me know, thanks

I've been meaning to look into one of these swap sites but didn't know which was reputable and reliable.

I guess CAG just answered my question with this partnership. Thanks!

Hmm, maybe I should look into Goozex now.

Heard good things, and looks like a good more accurate and realiable trading site than SaySwap. I did, however, actually not mind SaySwap, though it needed to be organized a lot better and didn't seem to be a real trading site. More of like a Myspace almost. Overall I prefer CAG trading, but maybe as a secondary site, I'd have to look into this more.

Seems like a great service so far and a solid business model and I'd like to see you do well so I'm just gonna throw a little constructive criticism your way...

Your games browsing needs work. Like a simple heading to sort the list by things like price, metacritic review scores, number available, etc.

There also needs to be an option to show more results per page. With those tiny little next buttons it makes browsing for games too much bother.

The trading system and points and all sounds like a lot of trouble at first til you realize how simple it is. But they wont stick long enough to realize it if browsing the games isn't entirely comfortable. I know your losing people over it.

Also, you need links to common features clearly marked on the front page. Big clear buttons for things like "BUY POINTS" "TRADE YOUR GAMES" "LOOK FOR GAMES" or something like that. People should have to guess that they need to look under "My Account" to buy points.

So when you use my ideas and your profits go up how about a few thousand free points for username Exedor and we'll call it my business consultant's fee :)?

Err "SHOULDN'T have to guess" I meant

Also, your title says "trade and swap" those two words are synonyms. Redundancy looks unprofessional.

And about listing quantities available, it would be very useful info for the users.

[quote name='ultrarobotninja']Probably a stupid question but here it goes anyways...

Is there a way to exchange money for points in order to get the games you want. Meaning, what if I dont want to get rid of any of my games, is this not for me? or what if the games I do want to trade dont amount to enough points to get the game I want?

hope somebody can let me know, thanks[/quote]

Yes, go to My Account and click on Buy Goozex points

Prices are as followed:

100 Goozex points $ 5.00
200 Goozex points $ 10.00
500 Goozex points $ 25.00
1050 Goozex points $ 50.00 4.8% discount
2200 Goozex points $100.00 9.1% discount
3400 Goozex points $150.00 11.8% discount

Hey - if you plan to sign up send me a PM, I'll send an invite and we both will get some free trades!

" * Active friends earn you 5 FREE trade credits *
* Active friends get 5 FREE trades and 100 points "

is this really worth it? I've been trading via the CAG forum and over at Game Trading Zone since both are free but seems a lot of people do use Goozex

I'll give it a try, thanks.

I'm a little confused as to how it works. If I put a game in my library, I will eventually get an email saying someone wants it and I HAVE to send it to Goozex? Once they recieve it I will be credited points and then I can request games to be sent to me as long as I have enough points to pay for them?

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I'll give it a try, thanks.

I'm a little confused as to how it works. If I put a game in my library, I will eventually get an email saying someone wants it and I HAVE to send it to Goozex? Once they recieve it I will be credited points and then I can request games to be sent to me as long as I have enough points to pay for them?[/QUOTE]

That is pretty much it. For example, I recently traded my 'Tiger Woods PGA '07' for PSP. That is worth 700 points. I put it into my 'library', so as soon as someone had sufficient points and also a trade credit, I got an email saying 'Game Request'. I can accept, hold, or remove listing. I can even say 'send within 1 day' or 'send within 3 days'. I then print up a nice 8.5x11 sheet with a mailing 'label' and insert that I attach to the outside of the package and send it directly to the other user.

Sending stuff is 'free' - you only need trade credits to 'get' something.

[quote name='txa1265']That is pretty much it. For example, I recently traded my 'Tiger Woods PGA '07' for PSP. That is worth 700 points. I put it into my 'library', so as soon as someone had sufficient points and also a trade credit, I got an email saying 'Game Request'. I can accept, hold, or remove listing. I can even say 'send within 1 day' or 'send within 3 days'. I then print up a nice 8.5x11 sheet with a mailing 'label' and insert that I attach to the outside of the package and send it directly to the other user.

Sending stuff is 'free' - you only need trade credits to 'get' something.[/QUOTE]

Alright, so it sounds like using this you can get rid of games you no longer want fairly quickly and then hold on to the points until you see something you like later?

GrayWolf323, I like it because it's very easy to get rid of games you don't want any more and get some value for them. I've had several games sitting on my TL for a while that didn't go anywhere. I put them up on Goozex and they were gone within a couple of weeks. The point values are also very fair and on par with ebay prices for the most part. It's also very easy to get games you want once you have the right amount of points. So far I've gotten FFV, Contact, Super Monkey Ball for the Wii, and Point Blank DS with little effort.

Mr Unoriginal, basically you list your games and then get matched with a user that wants the game. Once you accept that you want to send the game, you get the points in your account and you then send the game out to the user that requested it. You get up to 3 days to send the game out after that. So you get the points before you send the game out. You can put as many games in your request list as you want and as soon as it is matched and you have enough points, your points will be given to the "seller" and he will send your game out.

By the way, if either of you want to try it out, please use either mine or txa1265's invite :D

werid i just had someone said they didnt get a game from me even though i shipped it.

the werid part is the game shipped Sept 22 and was closed out by system around OCT 13

find it sort of werid they would wait 4 months and say they never got it.

I've been using Goozex for a while now and I have to say that it's really a great site. If you've been on the fence about trying it out, this promotion & contest should make it a no-brainer.

[quote name='slidecage']werid i just had someone said they didnt get a game from me even though i shipped it.[/QUOTE]

I learned long ago about the beauty of 'Delivery Confirmation' ... :)

I agree on the value thing ... it makes getting PC games pretty cheap, really - especially games more than a year old (many are ~100 points) and also non-rare GBA games. But for most of the DS & PSP stuff I do it feels very fair.

The site really is confusing as to how it really works. And what is a free trade? Active friends get 5 free trades, so that's 5 games for free? Doesn't make sense.

How can you guys be so sure that if you already have an account you can't sign up again? Do you mean in the sense that you will lose the points you have currently? I have an account already but I havn't used it yet, so I don't see why I can't just make a new one.

[quote name='Jatsu']The site really is confusing as to how it really works. And what is a free trade? Active friends get 5 free trades, so that's 5 games for free? Doesn't make sense. [/QUOTE]

It is fairly simple:
- The system used 'Trade Credits' and 'Points'
- If you *send* a game, you get 'Points' in return.
- If you *get* a game, it costs you 'Points' plus a 'Trade Credit'.

Points are best obtained through trading, but can be bought. Trade Credits are only obtained by purchasing them - $1 each.

[quote name='encendido5']GrayWolf323, I like it because it's very easy to get rid of games you don't want any more and get some value for them. I've had several games sitting on my TL for a while that didn't go anywhere. I put them up on Goozex and they were gone within a couple of weeks. The point values are also very fair and on par with ebay prices for the most part.
[/QUOTE]

Exactly, you know the saying "one person's trash is another's treasure".

RC

[quote name='rscaramelo']Exactly, you know the saying "one person's trash is another's treasure".

RC[/QUOTE]

Hehe ... I got Betrayal at Krondor for 100 points! Sure I can download it free now, but the maps, manuals, enhanced audio and so on are so sweet ...

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']I'm in for a new membership. Sorry I didn't see the invite offers on here before I did so. Doh. Sorry about that.[/QUOTE]

Too bad - maybe our Goozex founder friend can throw us a bone ;)

Hey everyone!
What a great response...

Let me answer all the questions/comments/feedback that I missed overnight.

ultrarobotninja - mahzilla gave you the correct breakdown of how to purchase points

Exedor - thanks for the feedback -- which we really use to improve our service -- we have on the to do list some upgrades on the search results and I like the idea a lot to have big clear buttons for common operations like buy points, etc...

there is a valid reason why we say trade and swap...

Mr. Unoriginal -- you also get your points upfront

txa1265, lurknomore, projecteightysix and all the other existing members of Goozex -- Let me hear what promotions would work for next month that would make you guys happy and still draw new members...we're all about happy members! -- send me PMs

To those that have already used Goozex:

In what kind of condition are the games that you have received?

I prefer games to be complete and the discs to have minimal scratches. Is there any way to communicate with the other traders before requesting a game? For example, how would I know if a game was a Greatest Hits version?

[quote name='eskimo']To those that have already used Goozex:

In what kind of condition are the games that you have received?

I prefer games to be complete and the discs to have minimal scratches.
[/QUOTE]

It depends. I have gotten games from both ends of the spectrum (from new/sealed to a disc only game which has random markings from a permanent marker). Goozex only requires the game to be in playable condition. However, you can request a game to be complete (game, case, manual) before the system matches you up.

[quote name='eskimo']
Is there any way to communicate with the other traders before requesting a game?
[/QUOTE]

No

[quote name='eskimo']
For example, how would I know if a game was a Greatest Hits version?[/QUOTE]

Ahh...
Don't request any games that have made it to the GH status?
That is the only way to avoid GH games.

[quote name='invinceable104']Does it matter which method we ship the game?
Media Mail vs. First class vs. Priority etc?[/QUOTE]
Nope - you choose. I send first class with delivery confirmation, that is decent speed and fair price.

[quote name='txa1265']Nope - you choose. I send first class with delivery confirmation, that is decent speed and fair price.[/QUOTE]

Have you found that a lot of people ship Media? Or are most First class?

Media Mail vs. First class vs. Priority etc?[/quote]

No it does not matter. We always recomend you go with the cheapest option.

The only thing we do ask is that you ship when you agree to ship, otherwise you risk having negative feedback for sending late...

Is there any way to communicate with the other traders before requesting a game?

coming soon...

Media Mail vs. First class vs. Priority etc?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter.
BUT
I would recommend you use First Class with delivery confirmation.
(Delivery Confirmation is only $0.14 if you print the shipping label online, link below).
Priority Mail cost too much (well... at least when you're not being reembursed for expedited shipping)
Media mail is slower and is the same price as 1st class under 6 oz or less.
Most PS2/PS3/GameCube/Wii/Xbox/Xbox360 games should be 6 oz
(there are some exceptions though: you use a really big mailer or box, an extra think manual, a 2 disc game, etc.).

to print a Shipping Label from Paypal.com, use link below
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

It doesn't matter.
BUT
I would recommend you use First Class with delivery confirmation.
(Delivery Confirmation is only $0.14 if you print the shipping label online, link below).
Priority Mail cost too much (well... at least when you're not being reembursed for expedited shipping)
Media mail is slower and is the same price as 1st class under 6 oz or less.
Most PS2/PS3/GameCube/Wii/Xbox/Xbox360 games should be 6 oz
(there are some exceptions though: you use a really big mailer or box, an extra think manual, a 2 disc game, etc.).

to print a Shipping Label from Paypal.com, use link below
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Have you found that a lot of people ship Media? Or are most First class?[/QUOTE]

For what I've gotten most are First Class, a couple Media Mail, none Priority.

Hey everyone...

One quick point and I'll need to edit the first post -- please make sure that you select a preferred console at signup that is part of the game bundle promotion -- PS2, PS3, PSP, Xbox 360, Xbox, Wii, GC --
This is how we track what you have selected to win (winner randomly selected). For those that selected something else or nothing at all will get an email from us at the end of February asking you to pick one...so no worries there.

btw...only a few didn't pick the appropriate option for the bundle

[quote name='RoDrAs']Which region are the consoles and the games (from the bundles)?[/quote]

All region 1 -- i.e. North America.

I created an account with the coupon code, but didn't seem to get the free 100 points + 5 trades. HALP

Oh, I think I have to do a trade first.

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']I created an account with the coupon code, but didn't seem to get the free 100 points + 5 trades. HALP

Oh, I think I have to do a trade first.[/QUOTE]
correct

after your first trade you get the pts and trades credited

Another Question:

After I have some points, how do I actually get a game off my Request list? When one is available it will let me know? How long do I have to decide if I want it. What's the best thing to do if you want one game much more than the others?

EDIT: Another question - I'm trying to get to the print label button to work, but nothing seems to be happening. Is there any reason to use this or can I just put my user name in the envelope and write the address by hand?

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Another Question:

After I have some points, how do I actually get a game off my Request list? When one is available it will let me know? How long do I have to decide if I want it. What's the best thing to do if you want one game much more than the others?[/QUOTE]

That's actually FOUR questions ;)

There is no prioritization of your wish-list. You are putting items on a 'I want it now' list, so that as soon as one becomes available in your selected format (game / game & manual / full package) it will be 'matched' to you. At that point an email is sent to the owner to verify they will send. This status is public for you to see, but I'm not sure if you can cancel at that point.

There used to be a 'your position in queue' indicator, but that has gone away as they went global, but they say they are trying to bring it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back