Offical Heavenly Sword Thread (Current GStat av score = 8.0)

I haven't seen an average looking moment yet in this game. I really hope it plays well...even if they just rip off the GoW formula completely, it would be worth a purchase.

I'm still worried about this title, their past record has been shoddy. But the Demo at E3 was very slick. Gonna have to wait for reviews on this one before buying.

[quote name='Zoglog']I'm still worried about this title, their past record has been shoddy. But the Demo at E3 was very slick. Gonna have to wait for reviews on this one before buying.[/QUOTE]

yeah...I still find it hard to believe that the company that made Kung Fu Chaos is making this.

I'm pretty hyped up about this game but, it's not going to be at the top of my list. I mean, I love ninjas and stuff, but...it just doesn't grab me by the ears and scream, "I'M AWESOME!"

That is pretty freakin' cool product placement.
Never seen that before, reminds me of what Nintendo did for Mario 3 in that movie.

Is this tonight's episode? It'll look great in HD, and yeah, that video almost confirms it's a Goddess of War (with bazookas).

[quote name='Apossum']yeah...I still find it hard to believe that the company that made Kung Fu Chaos is making this.[/QUOTE]

I loved Kung Fu Chaos... especially when you could add your own music.. that game was tight work..

[quote name='Apossum']even if they just rip off the GoW formula completely, it would be worth a purchase.[/QUOTE]
Then what's your explanation for the Ghost Rider game :lol:
That game basically copied everything from GoW except it was somehow...boring.

Heavenly Sword does look really really really awesome though.

[quote name='whoknows']Then what's your explanation for the Ghost Rider game :lol:
That game basically copied everything from GoW except it was somehow...boring.

Heavenly Sword does look really really really awesome though.[/QUOTE]

well, I found GoW to be pretty boring after the first stage, so I'm not surprised :lol:

what I meant is actually pretty critical of gow:

I'm hoping this game has a lot more context sensitive situations than GoW (which got repetitive early on in the game.) It looks like it's delivering on that.

I also want the combat to be like GoW by having a ton of different upgradeable moves but it should require skill, like Ninja Gaiden. It needs smart A.I.
GoW is more of a test of patience (hold block forever, roll, kill) and has *slightly* more depth than a dynasty warriors game. I hope this game is a good, difficult, but not boring action game.

meh, even if it is, Ninja Gaiden Sigma is right after it...and that game is guaranteed to be perfectly tailored to my taste.

[quote name='dallow']That is pretty freakin' cool product placement.
Never seen that before, reminds me of what Nintendo did for Mario 3 in that movie.

Is this tonight's episode? It'll look great in HD, and yeah, that video almost confirms it's a Goddess of War (with bazookas).[/quote]

Yes I think it aired tonight but I missed it. Don't worry if you did too, they will post it online for you to watch. Not up yet. Just visit the Heroes site on NBC's site later.

talkin about heroes? lol i saw that
I was thinkin the same thing "wow that's some advertisement. It's not even out for another few months"

hiro must have picked it up for them and played it on the ps3 bought with stolen cash.

Oh yea...7 minute preview of spiderman 3 on nbc.com too :D Can check that out while you're checkin out Heroes.

http://eu.playstation.com/playstation3/index.html?locale=en_GB&section=44&WT.mc_id=100055

Motion Capture video

78c44204bb.jpg

I don't think I would've ever heard of this game if I didn't see it on Heroes last night.

I thought it looked like a pretty cool game. When I was watching that scene, I was thinking, whoa, what is that game? And then I find out that it's Heavenly Sword and that it's not out for another few months. Darn. Oh well, I don't have a PS3 anyway, but I would like to play this game sometime.

[quote name='Miranda']I don't think I would've ever heard of this game if I didn't see it on Heroes last night.

I thought it looked like a pretty cool game. When I was watching that scene, I was thinking, whoa, what is that game? And then I find out that it's Heavenly Sword and that it's not out for another few months. Darn. Oh well, I don't have a PS3 anyway, but I would like to play this game sometime.[/quote]

Sony's plan worked!

[quote name='whoknows']I do not like that screenshot at all. Down where it says "262 kills remaining" has me scared that the gameplay may work in the way that you go to an area, kill the amount of people that it says to, go to the next area and then repeat.[/QUOTE]

yeah, that's also very Dynasty Warriors/99 Nights. *shudder*

the frame rate was also kinda weak.

[quote name='Apossum']yeah, that's also very Dynasty Warriors/99 Nights. *shudder*

the frame rate was also kinda weak.[/QUOTE]

oh god, please don't let it turn out like that.

[quote name='dpatel']oh god, please don't let it turn out like that.[/quote]

What if it is only in a section of the game? Seems they borrwed from different games.

[quote name='NamPaehc']What if it is only in a section of the game? Seems they borrwed from different games.[/QUOTE]

then it would be perfectly fine.

I really don't want to get my hopes up too much for this game, but I really do hope it is great.

[quote name='gizmogc']Whats the current release date for this? I heard it was suppose to be out this month?[/QUOTE]
The last date I heard was June 2nd. But I'm pretty sure it's just a placeholder date.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Here is a repost of the Euro Box art, just 'cause:

screenshot22.jpg
[/quote]

That is some kickass box art. Im def buying a ps3 when i graduate.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Don't be hatin'. Both those games were good.[/QUOTE]

but they appeal to like 3 people. I'd much rather have a GoW clone than a DW clone and I probably speak for everyone when I say that :lol:

In any case, if it's just one spot in the game that could be awesome. Huge button mash battles are great fun in very short bursts.

[quote name='icruise']
I'll have to say, there is a particular line in here (I won't spoil it for you if you haven't seen it) that has totally got me interested in this game. I hope they leave it in...[/quote]

Sacred Genitals?

God, I hope that plays as good as it looks. I don't even care if it's a complete ripoff of God of War.

Tuesday - Tech behind the game.

It is 2 pages, but here is small highlight:

"The Secrets of Cell

Heavenly Sword is one of the first PS3 games to tap into Cell's true potential. Here are the highlights.
  • Artificial Intelligence To keep up with the hundreds of on-screen enemies, Cell treats distant armies as a singlular "hive mind." As they approach Nariko, Cell splits their intelligence across squads, and finally, individual troops.
  • Graphics Wind gusts swirl Nariko's hair and clothes, and bazooka blasts send out showers of dust and rubble. 1080p support is still a question mark, though.
  • Physics When firing a cannon, Nariko can influence the trajectory of the projectile using the Sixaxis. Ninja Theory claims it needs the Cell to handle these complex calculations."
Tomorrow there will be a hands-on preview.

WEDNESDAY: "Hands on with Heavenly Sword! Get the full rundown on controls, gameplay, and the game's use of the Sixaxis motion sensing."

[quote name='Apossum']but they appeal to like 3 people. I'd much rather have a GoW clone than a DW clone and I probably speak for everyone when I say that :lol:

In any case, if it's just one spot in the game that could be awesome. Huge button mash battles are great fun in very short bursts.[/QUOTE]
I hope it's not a GoW clone and it doesn't look to be.

There looks to be more depth in Heavenly Swords' combat...then again, the combat in GoW had no depth...it was all button mashing.

Wow, PS3 graphics are really starting to come into their own. I want to see more high resolutions shots of this game.

The new R&C game looks better than anything I've seen.

This is what I had been waiting for.
I too hope it plays well.

Wednesday - Hands on Preview.

"Mistress of the Blade

Nariko's Heavenly Sword can change its physical form in mid-attack, allowing you to string together massive custom combos. Here are the three key battle styles you'll use to crush your foes.

* Speed Style: Nariko's default battle stance lets her slash nearby foes with rapid short-sword strikes. It's your best defense for close encounters.

* Ranged Style: Much like Kratos's Blades of Athena from God of War, these chain swords let you pick off distant foes, or hook one and slam him into the ground.

* Power Style: In this broad-sword form, the Heavenly Sword dishes out mammoth damage to nearby enemies. It's slow, but deadly.

Since the sword feeds on your life, your challenge is to stay alive long enough to finish your quest. As attacking enemies temporarily replenishes your health, continuous action is your lifeblood. There are no platforming or extended combat-free zones, as Heavenly Sword intends to deliver relentless battles and unceasing action. Even the cinematics take place during gameplay, with villains exchanging threats with Nariko via a slick picture-in-picture window."

TOMORROW: The Art of Heavenly Sword!

bread's done
Back