20,000th Registered CAG Contest Thread - Win $200 good at VideoGameDeals.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Congratulations Ledhead, the winner of the $200 www.VideoGameDeals.com voucher winner!

A big thanks to everyone that is a part of the growing CAG community. We're all helping make the dream of cheap video games a reality.

To celebrate our 20,000th registered user, CAG is going to give away 20,000 pennies in the form of a $200 VideoGameDeals.com Gift Voucher.

To enter this giveaway, simply post in this thread and tell us what being a CAG means to you. Do not post anything but a single entry in this thread.

Winner will be chosen at random.
One entry and post per person.
Contest ends September 30th at midnight EST.[/b]

Great website and forums. I should've done this before I didn't realize Outpost.com sells games that cheap. Thank you for all the research this website means alot to me.

Being a CAG, to me, means saving pocket change on each videogame while increasing your total spending on videogames by 10x. It should also be about helping out the CAG community (which is the point of the site), which some people forget when they buy a cartload of games to resell.

To me, CAG means I'm not crazy....or at least, I'm not the only one. I was actually starting to get pretty damn bored with the internet before I found CAG. I was barely using it any more and than one day, boom...I found the reason the internet was invented: CAG.

To me, it means extracting the most gaming mileage from my money. Before finding this site, I would let three of five games I found interesting slip by, unplayed. Now, I get to pick up all of them...and a few I hadn't heard of but decided to try after hearing other CAG's rave about them! You can tell when a group of real gamers post deals; they give crappy titles and worthwhile titles their respective dues.

[edit: timmylamb, you have just made me sad right at the beginning of a new week. :? ]

Cag to me means. Second home! I'm allways on here and Get a good laugh everyday! We have some very unique characters and I love the deals! I am a broke college student with a wife and house being built! I have no money for games! Thanks to this site I can now get some! Cag to me means Can't Afford Games! But with your help I CAN DO IT! I CAN DO IT ALL NIGHT LONG! Thanks Again Cheepy and the rest of the CAG crew! You have shown me the way of the wise! I have seen the promised land and it Is GOOD!

Being a CAG means never paying full price again! Thank you CheapyD for allowing me to release my inner cheap-ass.

It's some scary stuff how much I check this site, and I like it! This truly is a great site where gamers can join together to get the best deals, watch eachothers' backs and go tradin' for fun. Can't say I don't love it, 'cause I do!

A great site indeed, that's what CAG means to me.
-PW

What being a Cheap Ass Gamer is, is simple really. You add one cheap ass such as myself, add in a buttload of games, take loads of fun and stir it, shake it, and you have it, a CAG.

I'm a rare poster here, but CAG means to me the first gaming page I open everyday. It's that important. I have my own online business, and as such am home most of the time, with plenty of time to game. The fact that this site, and all the great members have saved me so much money on games is something I am extremely grateful for. The more money I have the more games I can get, and after all, that's what it's all about.

Being cheap = Having more of what you want!

Being a CAG means spening less money on way too many games and having my fiance give me a 'look' every time a box from EB, Gamestop, Overstock, etc comes in the mail.

CAG is all about saving me tons of money......but then I just buy more games and still am broke!

Also a great community!

CAG is my favorite site. I visit every day and I've found a ton of great deals here. Thanks Cheapy! CAG means great deals and great prices :D

I love great deals and this site has given me the opportunity to grow my game collection. The people here are really great and being a member is like joining a family that looks out for one another. I'm glad the membership is growing because this will help everyone find great games for cheap prices. :D

Without this site I would have never seen my collection grow like it did. In the nine months since I became a member here I've easily saved over $1500 on consoles, games, and accessories. This is the first site I go to in the morning. And usually the last site I visit before bed to see if can get in on one more cheap ass deal before bed.

The community around here is great. It seems that other CAG's are always willing to help each other out. Thanx to Cheapy D all all the people who help make this site such a huge success. Without y'all none of this would be possible.

Thanks CAG for a great resource in cheap gamming!

Congrats on the 20,000 milestone.

Becuase of CAG over the last year, I've more than trippled my game collection - Cheaply!

It's the one source I use to find all the cheap games that are fit to be had.

What does CAG mean to me? Well, it means I'm not alone in believing that most videogames are overvalued by manufactures. Hopefully everyone else in the market will see the light and we either start getting more quality games, or much cheaper ones on average.

CAG is much more than that, though. It's existence also shows that gamers are not just geeky loners who live in their mom's basement and trade yu-gi-oh cards with their 2 friends. It's myriad of personalities shows that gaming is an integral part of our entertainment world and is legitimate as any other medium such as the movie, record, or television industry. I love being a part of it, kindaa like pride for one's own country. I'm a CAG patriot !! God bless CAG, and no one else !!

CAG means more $$$ on my savings account by saving from video games spending err scratch that... CAG means more games at cheap price!!!

CAG has awesome deals and saves me alot of money on video games. The topics are interesting and all the people are fun and cool and the deals are great! I'm glad to be a part of it!

Being a CAG means having Circuit City/Target employees look at me like I'm insane when I bring a stack of 20 games up for a price check. How I treasure the looks that turn from confusion to wonder as Mobile Light Force rings up at 2.99!

CAG is the first (only?) homepage beyond about:blank I've ever set. Gaming is so much more fun when I don't have to worry that I wasted extra money on any game. Being a CAG isn't just about savings, to me it's about enjoying my games more.

CAG means saving loads of money on great games. I love this site! It's allowed me to stretch my gaming dollar much further than I ever thought possible.

CAG is always getting me cheapass games and without you, many of these games would not have been found at such a great deal. I also love the conversations that go on in the forums.

From Green Acres.

Cheapassgamer is the place to be.
Cash saving is the point for me.
Deals posted up so far and wide.
Keep some cash, but some much to save you can't decide.

Fatwallet gets beat out every day.
They're better is what they try to say.
I just can't see from thier point of view.
I think your head would have to crammed up your rear end to.

...The posts.
....No boasts.
...Great Price.
...It's nice!

It'll cost you some time...
but you'll save more than a dime.
The CAG boards we are there.

Being a CAG to me means saving lots of cash that I need to save since buying a house and soon to be married. Also, it's a great community to talk to others

First and foremost congrats on 20k, CAG has become a great website and resource for fans.

So what does it mean to be a cheap-ass-gamer?

Sure one can say it's about getting the best deals, or saving tons of money or just getting games on the cheap, but I think it's a lot more than that.

Being a CAG means:

Scouring all the value sites for deals and bringing them back to the community

Hitting all fifteen Target stores in the tri-cities area in order to make sure you haven't missed a single clearance or markdown game.

Walking through the aisles of Circuit City wrangling with store employees while holding your printed out 5 dollar clearance list.

Having the clerks at best buy allready ringing your gamer giftcard up when you walk in the door so that you can use the 5 dollar discount

Being the first to find that sweet deal, markdown, price change or whatever at a B&M store 50 miles from home and having the satisfaction of bringing it here but to find that there's three threads on it

Knowing all the major Sunday ads the Tuesday before

Having accounts setup on all major online retailers

You can recite online coupon codes better than your own phone number or address

Knowing the power of Shaq-Fu

Finally it means having a very understanding wife, girlfriend, partner and or a flexible wallet and just a little discretionary income.

There's just so much more to being a cheapass gamer, but it's all about the pursuit of more affordable games in the end. I've been a member of this community for pretty much a year now and I can say that it's one of the better ones on the web. Here's to 40k more!

CAG means spending all my money, and then never being able to finish all the games I spent my money on!

CAG = Owning way too many games to play in one life time because of all the great deals I get. Honestly I have pillars of games in my room because of this site. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back